Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2012, 13:56   #9541
BHPian

An epic story
http://tech2.in.com/news/smartphones...ce-code/312682

Followed by an epic fail.
http://tech2.in.com/news/smartphones...-the-us/314372

You have to read both and laugh out in the end. And apple is still going to deliver the same design even after so many years. Probably with a bigger screen. Probably iphone5 is gonna look more like the s3 hence apple is suing.

Cheers!!!

Edit
For those who want the pop up play feature of.s3 on any android phone, here you go. This is a free app
http://androidadvices.com/galaxy-iii...-phone-videos/

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 7th June 2012 at 14:07.
Old 7th June 2012, 14:32   #9542
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Galaxy Note
2) Better Camera and video recording (as per the reviews)
As per another online review:

Camera wise, the 8MP snapper of the Galaxy S3 can record HD videos while taking photos. It can also take up to twenty images in one single shot thanks to its new feature called Burst Shot. But that’s not all. The phone can even make use of its 1.9MP front camera to record videos in Full HD quality which is very ideal for those who are into video blogging. Just record a video of yourself and you can instantly upload your video on your site or blog.

The Samsung Galaxy Note does have a nice 8MP camera with auto focus, geo-tagging and LED flash. It can also record videos in 1080p HD resolution but it just cannot do things such as simultaneous HD video and image recording. Furthermore, its 2MP camera cannot be used to record HD videos.

I personally like Note over S3 for its bigger screen to watch movies/maps while traveling. If you can live with 32GB and dual core processor, go for Note.

Last edited by coolclouds : 7th June 2012 at 14:36.
Old 7th June 2012, 14:50   #9543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post

I personally like Note over S3 for its bigger screen to watch movies/maps while traveling. If you can live with 32GB and dual core processor, go for Note.
Thanks dude. But Note comes with 16gb right? i know 32gb is also available but all shops that I went got 16gb only.
Old 7th June 2012, 14:54   #9544
BHPian

Heres a preview of pop up play app on my note. Soo. Enough all s3 features will be available on all android devices. Thats the beauty of android.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120607_145212.png
Views: 859
Size:  122.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120607_145223.png
Views: 612
Size:  133.0 KB

At present i can view two 720p videos while doing normal work as browsing texting etc. If i play more than 2 720p videos my phone hanged but i could play 3 non hd videos with ease. And moreover all the video sizes are resizable.

Cheers. The link for the app is in my precious post.
Old 7th June 2012, 22:51   #9545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds

Camera wise, the 8MP snapper of the Galaxy S3 can record HD videos while taking photos. It can also take up to twenty images in one single shot thanks to its new feature called Burst Shot. .
Just to add regarding camera quality, please have a look at the tech2's camera comparison between HOX & S3. They hav compared the burst shot modes of both the phones & quality of HOX photos was better than S3's. Burst pics from S3 were blurry, but tester said that it may improve in any upcoming software patch.
Old 7th June 2012, 22:57   #9546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Bought the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Am very happy with vanilla android, I find it much better than the TouchWiz customized android.
Yes, i find the stock android launcher on my Gnex a lot better than the touchwiz and others, I feel the stock android has got a professional touch to everything unlike the cartoon-ish and colorful touchwiz interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Are you talking of the nexus prime? If so did you get warranty for the set? Where did you purchase it from.? What was the price?
Can you provide some more details? Are you running ICS?
Thanks.
Yes the galaxy nexus is also known as nexus prime, as the phone is not launched in India, samsung does not provide warranty service of the nexus, however a few dealers provide with dealer warranty. The galaxy nexus comes preloaded with ICS 4.0.

Available here http://www.maniacstore.com/Samsung-G...-Warranty.html

Last edited by akshay_b : 7th June 2012 at 22:59.
Old 7th June 2012, 23:33   #9547
Distinguished - BHPian

After numerous horrible and failed trials,finally i got ICS on my Samsung Galaxy SII.I guess it was the net connectivity that was troubling me.Happy now! :-)
Old 8th June 2012, 01:09   #9548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Are you talking of the nexus prime? If so did you get warranty for the set? Where did you purchase it from.? What was the price?
Can you provide some more details? Are you running ICS?
Thanks.
Yup its also known as the Nexus Prime. I bought in the US so I will get US warranty only. Got it directly from the google play store. Total came up to 430$ including shipping and taxes. And yes, it does run ICS out of the box.
Old 8th June 2012, 05:24   #9549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Thanks dude. But Note comes with 16gb right? i know 32gb is also available but all shops that I went got 16gb only.
I like the features of the Note and the S -Pen thingy is cool, but its too big for daily use. (personal opinion)

So did you finally decide?

PS - I too am joining the Android world today, as soon as my exams get over!!
Old 8th June 2012, 06:52   #9550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon

I like the features of the Note and the S -Pen thingy is cool, but its too big for daily use. (personal opinion)

I bet this would have been the concern of every note user before they bought the phone. But, once you get used to it, you will not go to any other phone. It's that good and productive.

PS: I own a galaxy sl and do not own a note. But, several of my friends own it and I envy them. :-)
Old 8th June 2012, 10:00   #9551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post

Yes, a bit big but looks cool. I guess you took Explorer, right? I decided on the Note. Almost went ahead with S3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I bet this would have been the concern of every note user before they bought the phone. But, once you get used to it, you will not go to any other phone. It's that good and productive.

PS: I own a galaxy sl and do not own a note. But, several of my friends own it and I envy them. :-)
Thanks for that. Will be getting the note tomorrow. Will post my experience.
Old 8th June 2012, 10:08   #9552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Yes the galaxy nexus is also known as nexus prime, as the phone is not launched in India, samsung does not provide warranty service of the nexus, however a few dealers provide with dealer warranty. The galaxy nexus comes preloaded with ICS 4.0.

Available here Buy Online Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus i9250 (Seller Warranty) - Price, Reviews, Specifications, Features, Ratings, Compare, Photos, Videos, Deals, Discounts, Online In India Maniacstore.com
HAve you bought it on dealer warranty? Do you think its too risky or is it ok? Anyone else? Maniac Store is selling it for less than 23k, thats pretty cheap when compared to eBay. Has anyone used them before? Are they reliable? Or does anyone know where I can get it cheaper online?

Cheers.
Old 8th June 2012, 11:52   #9553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch

HAve you bought it on dealer warranty? Do you think its too risky or is it ok? Anyone else? Maniac Store is selling it for less than 23k, thats pretty cheap when compared to eBay.

Cheers.
Buying Galaxy Nexus will ofcourse be risky because you will not be getting Samsung warranty. By dealers warranty I think they will repair it probably at some local shop and charging you for it. One can buy it and just hope nothing happens in the first year.
Old 8th June 2012, 11:58   #9554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon

Haha. Ya the size was never a problem for me. I kind of wanted a big screen. And it fits easily in my pocket.
After 2 months of use the note actually feels as small as an s2. Htc one x felt bigger than my note but i realised the size difference by placing note and 1x side by side. Luckily my note was still the biggest phone in the market.

The size of the note hardly remains an issue after a few weeks of use. And the S Pen is one nifty tool for me. Especially when creating drawings on the go or even taking notes. Very very handy tool.
Old 8th June 2012, 17:00   #9555
BHPian

Motorola Defy XT, Defy Mini launched in India - Tech News - IBNLive

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks