Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2012, 17:01   #9451
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Folks - Bought the Galaxy S3. I knew it was a bit costly and all that, but couldnt help but buy it. The initial impressions are awesome, but will post more later once i use it for a week or so...!!

Any other users who have bought S3, pls post the initial feedback.

Congrats NFS,

I am planning to buy in a day or two, what price did you buy it at? The guy from whom I buy is ready to buy back my S2 @ 18.5k approx.
Old 4th June 2012, 19:35   #9452
BHPian

My kies is not updating the Galaxy S2. It starts the update proces and suddenly stops and says 'Unknown error occured'
Old 4th June 2012, 20:03   #9453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Congrats NFS,

I am planning to buy in a day or two, what price did you buy it at? The guy from whom I buy is ready to buy back my S2 @ 18.5k approx.
18.5K buy back is a good price for used SII, this way you are getting almost half the price of SIII, however keeping the SII on shelf for long would also loose its re-sale value too, so I would suggest you to go for the offer.

With SIII pricing to get revised after first few lots, the SII would certainly be at loss in terms of resale IMHO.
Old 4th June 2012, 20:04   #9454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686
My kies is not updating the Galaxy S2. It starts the update proces and suddenly stops and says 'Unknown error occured'
Same thing was happening with my S2 when I tried. I then restarted my laptop and tried updating it again and it worked. Kies is really pathetic and sometimes you need to try 2-3 times before it works. In the first step it will only download the 220MB file from the net, so need to worry during this step. Only during the next step when it writes the firmware to the phone, you need to be careful not to disturb the connection with the phone - I would recommend doing over a Usb cable.
Old 4th June 2012, 21:31   #9455
BHPian

HTC one X update rolled out for India today. And it fixes all the issues reported whatsoever. And seriously the phone is snappier.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120604_213049.png
Views: 423
Size:  109.3 KB
Old 4th June 2012, 21:56   #9456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
18.5K buy back is a good price for used SII, this way you are getting almost half the price of SIII, however keeping the SII on shelf for long would also loose its re-sale value too, so I would suggest you to go for the offer.

With SIII pricing to get revised after first few lots, the SII would certainly be at loss in terms of resale IMHO.

I have picked up new SGS3 for Rs.34999/- and my SGS2 is being bought back for 17k.
Old 4th June 2012, 22:14   #9457
BHPian

Quote:
I have picked up new SGS3 for Rs.34999/- and my SGS2 is being bought back for 17k.
Thats one decent price for such a powerful phone.
This shows how much hidden margin samsung has offered to dealers to either squeeze from customers or offer it as discounts.

anyway do post your review about the phone and enlighten us with first hand experience about this newest gizmo world is talking about.

Edit: please post where you purchased it from ?

Last edited by ghpk : 4th June 2012 at 22:19.
Old 4th June 2012, 22:17   #9458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Thats one decent price for such a powerful phone.
This shows how much hidden margin samsung has offered to dealers to either squeeze from customers or offer it as discounts.

anyway do post your review about the phone and enlighten us with first hand experience about this newest gizmo world is talking about.
Picked it up online just an hour back. It will take 2-3 days for delivery. Will surely keep everyone updated.
Old 4th June 2012, 22:27   #9459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Picked it up online just an hour back. It will take 2-3 days for delivery. Will surely keep everyone updated.
Online from where? Link please. That is a seriously good price.
Old 4th June 2012, 23:00   #9460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak

Link please!!! I havent seen this good price anywhere online!
Old 4th June 2012, 23:13   #9461
BHPian

Samsung Galaxy S3 - I9300 color White (Pre Booking) - Sulekha Deals

Costs 38,999 and using the coupon SUL-CELEB-2B5F0 will bring the price down to 34,999.

More coupons: Sulekha.com Deals - Summer Celeberations
Old 5th June 2012, 00:23   #9462
BHPian

Thank you, prateekm

Just ordered one ! At Rs. 34,999/- its a steal.
Old 5th June 2012, 01:05   #9463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak

How old was your S2 ?
Old 5th June 2012, 03:13   #9464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Beyond a point, don't struggle. Buy swiftkey X. You'll thank me later

Ask Raccoon.

/or else they have the swiftkey 3 in beta. You can download and install that for free as well.
For sure mate. Save for Swiftkey, I'd have broken this li'l thing into li'ler pieces and considered a terrorist attack on Sony. Never bought an app yet, but I guess I might buy this thing. Can't say if other solutions are any better or worse because I'v only used this and Swype (not recent versions) and of course stock keyboards. While I'v liked Swype too, I'm not currently inclined to look elsewhere. Its a life saver esp. for smaller screens. I feel Swype is good for bit bigger screens and also ok for 3'2" screens. But on the Ray's 3.3", which is narrower than 3.2", its not too easy to use either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjacob View Post
I finally upgraded my Xperia Ray to Ice Cream Sandwich yesterday. First impressions:
1. I don't like the icons of many of the built-in apps in ICS (email, messaging, etc). They look cartoonish, and the gingerbread icons were better.
2. The phone app has combined the phone dialer and call history. And it groups calls together. I don't like either of these.
3. I seem to have a little more free memory, but it mostly feels the same as gingerbread did. Responsive, but then I don't really push my phone that much.

What are everybody else's impressions?
1. Cant really recall the GB icons, but now that you mention it, yes, the icons do look not too cool.
2. I quite liked it. What is slightly more irritating is the lag when you open the dialer. Its obviously not very light. If its in RAM it of course zaps open, but usually its not. Anyway there are better and faster options...
3. I find ICS snappier than GB. Everything feels at least a li'l faster. The stock browser is leagues faster. But I'm still not high on the stock browser.

Other observations - update to 4.0.4 has been good. 4.0.3 should never have been released. Didn't expect Google/Sony to release such buggy code and waste user's time. Many issues seem to have been addressed, but Wifi still seems not to sleep most times. However, battery stamina seems to have improved. Difficult to comment precisely how much... but it will become apparent with some more time.

However, this version too seems to have some very apperent bugs besides the Wifi issue. For eg. magnetometer has stopped working in maps, making navigation impossible. Others are complaining about notification LED not functioning, etc.

Last edited by Raccoon : 5th June 2012 at 03:18.
Old 5th June 2012, 05:39   #9465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
How old was your S2 ?
I am sorry everyone for not sharing the link. Yes its the same site which was mentioned my Prateek.

I had bought my SGS2 a week before it was officially launched in India, but I don't recollect the dates.

I just hope Suleka guys don't mess up the shipping and don't take long time for delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks