Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 12:19   #9586
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Yes, that is the one I tried first.

Filename: PG7610000_Marvel_hboot_1.08.0099_20111216.exe

It failed saying it can't move from 1.35.720.3 to 2.17.xx version. It wanted me to upgrade to 2.13.720.1 first.
Is it problem for you to just hit upgrade. There is OTA for wildfire S. Just moves most UI to sens 2.5 and some ginger bread update. For the sake of s-off I did the update!
Old 11th June 2012, 12:23   #9587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav_mankad View Post
2. Is it cheaper to buy phones in US then in India? I have a friend of mine traveling from US to India next month. I can ask him to get me an unlocked phone if its cheaper there. However, a quick glance on Amazon does not show strong price difference. Please guide.
Close your eyes and ask your friend to get a Samsung Galaxy Nexus from US. The unlocked GSM version is retailing on Google Play Store for 399 USD.

This is the link on Play Store - https://play.google.com/store/device...xus_hspa&hl=en. You wouldn't be able to access this link directly as it is not available in India.
Old 11th June 2012, 12:31   #9588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi

Close your eyes and ask your friend to get a Samsung Galaxy Nexus from US. The unlocked GSM version is retailing on Google Play Store for 399 USD.
Will someone get warranty with this? I am asking about the 1 year warranty?
Old 11th June 2012, 12:39   #9589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Will someone get warranty with this? I am asking about the 1 year warranty?
I doubt we get warranty or support in INDIA. One of the reasons why I didn't pounce on this deal.
Old 11th June 2012, 12:43   #9590
BHPian

Then it is better to get it from India itself. I know people who have got it from here for 23k. Not worth the trouble of ordering from US if the price difference is not much.
Old 11th June 2012, 12:49   #9591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil
Then it is better to get it from India itself. I know people who have got it from here for 23k. Not worth the trouble of ordering from US if the price difference is not much.
The problem is this phone isnt available in India from authorised dealers. If you buy from ebay or maniac store you'll only get seller warranty for 6 months. The US warranty will be applicable when you visit US.
Cheers.
Old 11th June 2012, 13:32   #9592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Finally got the Note on Saturday and upgraded to ICS. Performing really well and simply loved the HUGE screen!

Shall upload a couple of photos soon.
Congrats on the Note man!!

How is the performance compared to S3?? And are you having any battery life issues post the update to ICS like some BHPians were experiencing??
Old 11th June 2012, 13:43   #9593
BANNED

Having an odd problem in synching contacts. I removed all contacts on GMail. Then uploaded them from the phone (vcard). Cleaned up duplicates on GMail. Now when I synch I am getting duplicates of all. Where am I goofing?
Old 11th June 2012, 13:48   #9594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk
Having an odd problem in synching contacts. I removed all contacts on GMail. Then uploaded them from the phone (vcard). Cleaned up duplicates on GMail. Now when I synch I am getting duplicates of all. Where am I goofing?
Delete all contacts on gmail and then import vcard contacts and then sync then with gmail.
Old 11th June 2012, 13:49   #9595
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Congrats on the Note man!!

How is the performance compared to S3?? And are you having any battery life issues post the update to ICS like some BHPians were experiencing??
Thanks dude. As of now no issues. Havent really started squeezing my phone now. Just few hours of Wifi, calls and photos.

OT - To check the cam quality, just check the tbhp spotting thread. Clicked a pic. Had to resize the image since it was 3mb
Old 11th June 2012, 13:55   #9596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk
Delete all contacts on gmail and then import vcard contacts and then sync then with gmail.

Sorry due to network issue this post was posted twice.

Last edited by Gadgetfreak : 11th June 2012 at 13:56.
Old 11th June 2012, 14:19   #9597
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Is it problem for you to just hit upgrade. There is OTA for wildfire S. Just moves most UI to sens 2.5 and some ginger bread update. For the sake of s-off I did the update!
Thanks, that worked. Yesterday when I tried it, it only updated some minor thing. Today it offered a full upgrade to 2.13.720.1 version. I guess now it is ready for the RUU.
Old 11th June 2012, 14:33   #9598
BHPian

S3 users, do we need to get our regular SIM cut to micro SIM?
Does Airtel provide a micro SIM against returning the regular one?
Old 11th June 2012, 15:01   #9599
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I got myself a Defy+ about a month ago. The phone is working extremely well and no major issues with it. I am also getting a very decent battery life on the same. Recently i noticed that at certain times the phones touch screen becomes a little slow. Lag is noticeable. I swipe from Window 1 to Window 2 and the swipe effect is seen after a few seconds. I Know its not a major issue but was just curious to know if this is a known thing with other Defy + users?

Also i feel that re-installing the software MIGHT solve this issue. BUT i am unable to find a way to re install the phone software.

One more thing i have noticed is; when my phone is plugged into the wall mount charger the screen again starts lagging. I tried with another charger too ( my dad's Lumia 710 charger) and the problem was still there.

I am not very confident with rooting / custom roms, so i am using the phone as it came out of the box.

Regards,
Old 11th June 2012, 15:51   #9600
BHPian

Could you guys help me figure out what is best out of these 3.

I would be gifting this to some one who is currently using a Samsung Wave. Makes a lot of calls, lot of texts, 20-30 mins browsing, few photo clicks)

1. HTC One V
+ Liked the design, body (it felt solid when held, did not have a glossy body)
+ Price point (16K)
+ pre Loaded with ICS (not sure if there is a wave of change when compared to Gingerbread)

- Have been reading in multiple forums about a slow, buggy browser (Can I install chrome and over come the default browser issue? Is there a chrome for ICS)
- Does not have a compass
- HTC never was a value-for-money brand in my list (so not sure what else they were cutting short to make it to this price point)

2. Sony Xperia Sola
+ Looks good, liked the design.
+ ICS available from Sony site

- Battery only 1350mAh (Not sure if a dual core processor + ICS combo would last for at least one whole day.)

3. Samsung I9070 Galaxy S Advance
+ Good package (1500mAh battery; non buggy browser, 16GB card)

- Looks plain jane;
- Read online that ICS update from Samsung isnt around the corner as the Samsung loader (or some thing) is heavily customized for 2.3.X
- Looks just like a bigger version of Samsung Wave.

My dilemma started only with One V and Sola. I had zeroed in on One V; on reaching the store; happened to see Galaxy S Advance. It felt better, but wasnt a looker. Was confused, couldn't decide; so did not purchase and came back to research more.

Now after one days online reading I am even more confused. I have to make the purchase this Wednesday (6/13). So please please let me know your thoughts.

Anything that will help me swing towards one phone is highly appreciated.

BTW: Budget was 20K; S Advance is available at 23K; would go for it; if it is that good. Phone has to be on Android.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks