Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2012, 09:08   #9691
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
What is the source for this news ? Would it come with ICS out of the box ?

I am almost fixed on Galaxy Note.
Motorola Razr Maxx coming to India at Rs 31,999 - Times Of India

You can pre-order it on Infibeam. The best part of this phone is the massive battery 3300 mAh. The Razr HD, with a screen pixel density rivalling that of the IP, is also scheduled for a release in the next few months.

The Raxr Maxx comes with GB 2.3.6 and will be upgraded for ICS 4.0x (4.04 from what I've read, the cause of the delay) with the rest of the Razr line this month.
Old 16th June 2012, 11:00   #9692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Motorola Razr Maxx coming to India at Rs 31,999 - Times Of India

You can pre-order it on Infibeam. The best part of this phone is the massive battery 3300 mAh. The Razr HD, with a screen pixel density rivalling that of the IP, is also scheduled for a release in the next few months.

The Raxr Maxx comes with GB 2.3.6 and will be upgraded for ICS 4.0x (4.04 from what I've read, the cause of the delay) with the rest of the Razr line this month.
Hhm. Going thru reviews it is pretty the same as razr with a 3300 mah battery.It is bulky and has lost the appeal of the razrs slim frame.

I was confused between the razr and the note and selected the note. but the build and thin frame of the razr is something i cant take my mind off from.

R2D2,
how do you find the cam on the razr, there is general feedback that the pics are not as good as they should be. did you try any other camera apps from the market ?
Old 16th June 2012, 11:45   #9693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Hhm. Going thru reviews it is pretty the same as razr with a 3300 mah battery.It is bulky and has lost the appeal of the razrs slim frame.

I was confused between the razr and the note and selected the note. but the build and thin frame of the razr is something i cant take my mind off from.

R2D2,
how do you find the cam on the razr, there is general feedback that the pics are not as good as they should be. did you try any other camera apps from the market ?
The thin frame is superb and quality of materials (metal, gorilla glass, kevlar, plastic in some places) is certainly higher than any plastic Samsung which is my biggest issue with the Korean brand.

As for the dimensions - the Razr Maxx is 2mm thicker (@ 9.1 mm) and 18 grams heavier (@ 145g) than the Razr.

Now that is should feel a lot more svelte than the huge Galaxy Note which has a size of 146.9 x 83 x 9.7 mm and weight of 178g. If you are willing to buy a Note then the Maxx is comparatively slimmer and weighs >18% less. It's a slam dunk case unless you want the large screen of the Note.

The Razr has a so-so camera. I don't like it, but then I don't like the 4s' camera either. No camera apps for me please.
Old 16th June 2012, 13:53   #9694
BANNED

Is this true. Motorola doing good now. Hope the company climbs up again.

Quote:
New Delhi: Motorola's Droid RAZR MAXX has outperformed Apple iPhone sales on Verizon network, according to media reports.

Reports also have it that Droid RAZR MAXX is the best-selling Smartphone in US.
Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX outshines iPhone sales
Old 16th June 2012, 15:29   #9695
BHPian

Well, I waited for the Motorola Razr Maxx to be launched in India, for 6 long months & when it didn't & my iPhone 3g became unbearable to use, I got my self a Samsung Galaxy note at a price that I have not seen any buy this phone at yet..!

But still love the Razr Maxx.

Good thing that it finally gets launched in India.
Old 16th June 2012, 16:04   #9696
BHPian

I compared HTC One X and Galaxy S3 today in ezone side by side. Screen on galaxy s3 is definitely better then that of HTC. Also the camera quality in auto mode is much better in s3.HTC photos had lot of noise in them and I was not happy with their white balancing. My conclusion is that screen and camera are definitely better in s3.
Old 16th June 2012, 19:09   #9697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Is this true. Motorola doing good now. Hope the company climbs up again.

Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX outshines iPhone sales
Yes, that's what I posted yestereday..including a rant on the forever delayed ICS update. Other sites have reported it too including Bloomberg BusinessWeek/Gigaom, Techspot among others.

Motorola May Have Succeeded in Reviving the Razr - Businessweek

Droid Razr Maxx trumps the iPhone as Verizon's best-selling handset - TechSpot News

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Never thought I'd see this happen - the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx is now the #1 handset @ Verizon having displaced the iPhone 4s in Q1 CY 2012. Of course the IP will top the list once the IP5 supposedly with an LTE radio is released in a few months

Last edited by R2D2 : 16th June 2012 at 19:11.
Old 16th June 2012, 21:22   #9698
BHPian

i Dont know if i should open a new thread for this since its car-related. But this is probably one of the top coolest and useful things you can do with your android phone

Old 17th June 2012, 00:28   #9699
Senior - BHPian

Finally upgraded to Samsung galaxy note ( old phone was galaxy SL ) . Couldn't resist my temptation for this wonderful device.

Upgraded to ICS as well. Extremely happy with it. :-)
Old 17th June 2012, 08:13   #9700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Finally upgraded to Samsung galaxy note ( old phone was galaxy SL ) . Couldn't resist my temptation for this wonderful device.

Upgraded to ICS as well. Extremely happy with it. :-)
So finally went in for the note? Good to hear that. Am absolutely loving it. Can you share the price you paid and from where?
Old 17th June 2012, 08:40   #9701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju

So finally went in for the note? Good to hear that. Am absolutely loving it. Can you share the price you paid and from where?
32,000 for note + 16gb additional memory ( class 4 SanDisk )

They gave me 10,000 for my old Samsung galaxy sl ( I9003 )

Shop - mobile world ( edapally - vytilla bye pass road, Cochin )
Old 17th June 2012, 09:58   #9702
BANNED

Video showing the clash of the titans.

Old 17th June 2012, 12:21   #9703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
OK guys,

I am on the verge of buying the HTC One X. I liked the prospect of a better screen than the SGS3 on the one x.

But I have heard of a few hardware related issues on the HTC One X. Does anyone here have this handset and is this device recommended?

Also, what street price I should expect this device for?
I also am zeroing on the one x. Not sure about brown or white though, granted white does look hot but anyone got any experience with how dirty it gets? Brown in my opinion would be much easier to keep clean - small query I know but im still unsure.

Also any latest updates on prices? ~35k is what I'm seeing, anywhere else cheaper? Any one got any coupon codes?

Cheers.
Old 17th June 2012, 14:43   #9704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac

Hi.
Similar kind of issue was faced by one of the member here for his galaxy SL. He was also adviced by samsung sc to replace the whole screen for 6k. So instead he installed one app which allows to use the shortcut/menu keys on the screen itself. Sorry for not being too specific but instead of going fir a replace, try to search for that, 10-20 pages back.

BTW, its strange that samsung is quoting price for both the super LCD & Super AMOLED screen is same? 6k for both? Isnt Amoled supposed to be costlier?
Magic! The Home key started working from yday morning :-) Glad i didn't listen to the Samsung service center guys, my 6k would have gone down the drain.

This was the first time i had to visit a Samsung service center, and the experience was horrific. They have the token system, which is nice, but service sucks. I had to wait for 3 hours, and the guy came back and tells me that the issue persists even after the factory reset ! A factory reset takes 3 hours!! If you don't keep following up, I'm sure your phone will be in the same state it was when you handed over. This is the Marathalli one I'm referring to.
Old 17th June 2012, 19:21   #9705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04

Magic! The Home key started working from yday morning :-) Glad i didn't listen to the Samsung service center guys, my 6k would have gone down the drain...
This is frequent on most mobiles. Once the water/moisture dries it will start functioning normally. It would be good if you take the mobile to a nearby shop and get the internals cleaned. The water would have left over some salt/rust. Once cleaned it should not be a problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks