Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2016, 21:58   #24691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
That's what I thought but I can't find it on Miui. I don't know what I am missing here
I am on MIUI8, if you are on MIUI7 try settings - additional settings - battery and performance - battery use. Hope it helps.
Old 15th October 2016, 22:17   #24692
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
You will find the various battery options under the Security app. Give that a try.

If you are looking for the graphical battery history, then tap the clock type symbol on the upper right at the "Battery Use" page.
Yes, this works and I have been using the same but I do not like this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
I am on MIUI8, if you are on MIUI7 try settings - additional settings - battery and performance - battery use. Hope it helps.
I am also on MIUI 8. Yes, I can access battery use the way you mention here but being able to access battery use by pulling down the notifications shade is way easier. Somehow, I don't see that option.

Last edited by adimicra : 15th October 2016 at 22:24.
Old 15th October 2016, 23:15   #24693
BHPian

Please check the security app - settings - general - show menu in notification shade and enable that
Old 15th October 2016, 23:50   #24694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am also on MIUI 8. Yes, I can access battery use the way you mention here but being able to access battery use by pulling down the notifications shade is way easier. Somehow, I don't see that option.
I was able to get an icon widget of the 'Battery Use' to the home page earlier when I was on MIUI 7. A single click on this icon would take me directly to the battery usage. But this option seems missing on MIUI 8, though my earlier icon widget is working fine; till I delete it.

Still, we can put a 'Battery' widget icon to the home screen from where the battery usage graph is another couple of clicks away.

Last edited by thoma : 15th October 2016 at 23:56.
Old 16th October 2016, 22:04   #24695
BHPian

I was sceptical about upgrading my Oneplus X to Marshmellow but I finally did make a go today. Wiped data from recovery and did a clean flash. Previously I was not impressed with the camera but now I see they have made some very nice improvement. So far so good with half a day usage. Still have to do a full day usage review.
Old 16th October 2016, 22:15   #24696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you talking about stock Android or MIUI?
I know of this feature in Android since a long time. But I don't see that feature in MIUI. Am I missing something?
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20161016_221357.jpg

This is the one I am talking about. I am on MIUI8 by the way.

--Anoop
Old 16th October 2016, 22:28   #24697
Senior - BHPian

This is what it looks like when I pull down the notifications shade. Is there a way to customize this?
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1476637085285.jpg  

Old 16th October 2016, 23:08   #24698
Senior - BHPian

Phone : Redmi Note 3 (MIUI 8)
Issue : Screen going to sleep while (Google Maps) Navigation is on.

Googled the problem, solution suggested was to uncheck "Dim Screen" in Google Maps settings. Can't find any such option.

What to do? No such issue with my Mi3 (so pretty sure it's not a MIUI bug).
Old 16th October 2016, 23:34   #24699
Senior - BHPian

Picked up a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in Gold Platinum from my local Samsung store @ 0% EMI for 18 months on my SBI credit card @ 2766 per month (Final net price 49,800). Quite a good deal on the current best phone in the world I would say. S7 was available @ net price of 42600 i.e. 2366 per month for 18 month EMI. Gear VR is being towed with it for 1999/- along with one time free screen replacement offer. Best time to pick up the S7/Edge if anyone's interested.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 16th October 2016 at 23:37.
Old 16th October 2016, 23:52   #24700
BHPian

Quote:
This is what it looks like when I pull down the notifications shade. Is there a way to customize this?
Yes, in the notifications settings option you can combine notification+ toggles (your screenshot is of this combined option) or keep notifications and toggles separate (the post above). You can also customise the toggles and sort them.

Edit seems you haven't enabled notifications settings in the security app. Do that as well.

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 16th October 2016 at 23:54.
Old 17th October 2016, 01:34   #24701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Picked up a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in Gold Platinum from my local Samsung store @ 0% EMI for 18 months on my SBI credit card @ 2766 per month (Final net price 49,800). Quite a good deal on the current best phone in the world I would say. S7 was available @ net price of 42600 i.e. 2366 per month for 18 month EMI. Gear VR is being towed with it for 1999/- along with one time free screen replacement offer. Best time to pick up the S7/Edge if anyone's interested.

Cheers...
Awesome phone! I have the Titanium and love it. I'm kind of trying out the Moto Z for a week now to see how I like it. Both are awesome phones. I'm liking the ZenUI launcher on these. I usually reduce the size if the icons to my liking. Thought its on the expensive side it has a lot of features.
Old 17th October 2016, 02:05   #24702
BHPian

Quote:
To enable the Security app and battery shortcut to your notification shade just like what the theexperhand has shared, go to Security app->tap settings on the upper right and enable - Show menu in notification shade.

Cheers!
Old 17th October 2016, 02:13   #24703
Senior - BHPian

To all the Redmi Note 3 owners, do you get mild electric shock on moving your fingers very lightly across the back side metal body while charging? You need to be grounded to the earth to get a better one.

Need I be alarmed of this?

Last edited by thoma : 17th October 2016 at 02:18.
Old 17th October 2016, 09:54   #24704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Edit seems you haven't enabled notifications settings in the security app. Do that as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
To enable the Security app and battery shortcut to your notification shade just like what the theexperhand has shared, go to Security app->tap settings on the upper right and enable - Show menu in notification shade.

Cheers!
Yes, this was what I was looking for. All good now
Must say MIUI is feature rich and highly customizable but it is not really very intitutive.
Old 17th October 2016, 13:07   #24705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
To all the Redmi Note 3 owners, do you get mild electric shock on moving your fingers very lightly across the back side metal body while charging? You need to be grounded to the earth to get a better one.

Need I be alarmed of this?
This should not be happening. Is there a problem with the charging point or the oem charger?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks