Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2016, 19:33   #24841
BHPian

Redmi note 3 . Camera is average but okay for a person like me who prefers performance over everything. Ringer is fine not sure what is the issue there. just got it a week back so still exploring. Normal usage doesn't get hot but when I did a test with gmaps , torque, my tracks and music all on simultaneously it did get pretty hot but that's not what we will put it to on everyday basis. Hope it helps. Let me know if you have any specific query
Old 26th October 2016, 20:05   #24842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
With regards to your macbook, make sure that you use the proper 3-pin cable with earthing. It will increase the durability of the device as well.
Macbook adapter is of USB C type with a 2 pin layout. There is no earth pin.
Old 27th October 2016, 09:18   #24843
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
For folks using One Plus 3 -

1) Can anyone please confirm that 4G works on both the sims on the One Plus 3, and that all it takes is to go into Settings and change the Mobile Data option to Sim-2 to be able to use the 2nd sim's 4G data?
I can confirm that the 4G data on SIM2 can be used by switching the Mobile Data option
Old 27th October 2016, 13:36   #24844
BHPian

Guys, Flipkart says 'Coming Soon' for Lenovo K5 Note for which I have been waiting for quite sometime now. This phone would be for my dad - so, primary purpose would be only taking photos and using WhatsApp, fb and general browsing. Not much heavy-duty stuff.

Any other suggestions in the same price range (~12K) and similar config?

I booked and cancelled Moto G4+ after reading lots of reports about over-heating.
Samsung On8 & On-Nxt look tempting - but after the Note7 fiasco, dad is a bit skeptical/apprehensive about it.

Thanks!
Old 27th October 2016, 14:05   #24845
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Can anyone using the Redmi Note 3 confirm this? One of my friend who is using it denied the same on his phone, but the second time I asked him to observe a bit more carefully by lightly moving his fingers across the back panel, he got the electric tingling.

Is it true that every metal body phone gives some electric shock while being charged? I came across this info where someone else was feeling the same. But the advice is contradictory to what the local Xiaomi service center guys told.

Attachment 1570632
I felt the same on letv le 1s. As others noted, it is a mild sensation -sort of like a slight vibration.
This is barely noticeable when fast charging is deactivated.
Old 28th October 2016, 06:51   #24846
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Guys, Flipkart says 'Coming Soon' for Lenovo K5 Note for which I have been waiting for quite sometime now. This phone would be for my dad - so, primary purpose would be only taking photos and using WhatsApp, fb and general browsing. Not much heavy-duty stuff.

Any other suggestions in the same price range (~12K) and similar config?

I booked and cancelled Moto G4+ after reading lots of reports about over-heating.
Samsung On8 & On-Nxt look tempting - but after the Note7 fiasco, dad is a bit skeptical/apprehensive about it.

Thanks!
I bought the on-nxt and no complaints so far. But then I don't do games on phone. So I wouldn't have stretched it. Decent camera, excellent battery life.

Also with the bonus 2k exchange and 15% discount on credit card, I paid around 11.5k and happy for now.
Old 28th October 2016, 10:34   #24847
BHPian

Anyone using OPX facing Bluetooth drops after the Android M Update? I keep getting my calls and bluetooth audio dropped like never before. Any suggestions to fix this?

This is primarily in my car.
Old 28th October 2016, 11:11   #24848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Anyone using OPX facing Bluetooth drops after the Android M Update? I keep getting my calls and bluetooth audio dropped like never before. Any suggestions to fix this?

This is primarily in my car.
No issues with mine. For Bluetooth apps (system), clear cache and data and try pairing again.
Old 28th October 2016, 11:34   #24849
Senior - BHPian

Anyone got themselves a Pixel ? I have been reading very good reviews, especially on the camera.
Old 28th October 2016, 12:23   #24850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartindboy View Post
No issues with mine. For Bluetooth apps (system), clear cache and data and try pairing again.
Thanks, will try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Anyone got themselves a Pixel ? I have been reading very good reviews, especially on the camera.
And you have a 10% discount going on as well. Good Phone but really Ugly Looking?
Old 28th October 2016, 15:00   #24851
BHPian

My wife's Xiaomi Note 2 is locked. The phone is not accepting her finger input and neither the 4 digit numeric password. How do I decide this dispute?
Old 28th October 2016, 15:23   #24852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Got Pixel XL delivered early this week. But haven't had time to check it out. I just used Chrome browser on Wifi for few minutes, performance is superb. Haven't seen such fast rendering of pages even on a desktop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
My wife's Xiaomi Note 2 is locked. The phone is not accepting her finger input and neither the 4 digit numeric password. How do I decide this dispute?
Did you by chance lock the phone from MI find device site?
Old 28th October 2016, 16:18   #24853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Did you by chance lock the phone from MI find device site?
Have no idea what happened actually. Just know that a third person was using the phone while it got locked.
Old 28th October 2016, 18:56   #24854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Press the volume down and power keys together to boot into recovery mode and then do a factory reset
Old 28th October 2016, 19:12   #24855
BHPian

Lenov Vibe K5 Plus

I needed a new handset as a second phone and was looking for something in the budget category...and then I came across this:

Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-k5s.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-k5.jpg

I liked the understated looks and the specifications too were pretty decent for a budget phone:

• Snapdragon 616 Octacore 1.5G
• Adreno 405, 3 GB Ram, 16 GB Rom
• 5.0" IPS FHD Screen @ 441ppi
• 13mp f2.2 Primary Cam, 5mp Front
• 4G VoLTE, Dual Sim + mSD Slot
• All metal Back and just 142gms

I picked it up from Flipkart during their Diwali sale @ 7,499. After the 10% cashback, it finally cost me just Rs. 6,750/-

This was my first Lenovo phone and I wasn’t sure what to expect. When I received it, it was packed with lots of apps that I never use and a flashy theme. The first thing I did was uninstalled / disabled all the apps that I didn’t need and changed the theme to something more sober.

It's been almost three weeks since I've been using it and heres my feedback:

Positives:

+ No hang-ups
+ No freezes
+ No lagging
+ Above average signal reception & call quality
+ Pretty good audio quality for media playback
+ Above average battery backup
+ Lovely sharp screen
+ Clean understated looks

Negatives:

The only negative would be the somewhat underwhelming cameras. But then, in this price bracket, they would probably still be at the top end!

So, all in all, I must say, I'm pretty impressed with this little fella and I hope it stays this way!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks