Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2016, 09:13   #24976
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Moto E3 power for Dad
Moto G4 plus for wife (and maybe you)
+1 for this. Moto E3 Power is sufficiently featured and your Dad will be at ease to use it, so as in case of Moto G4/G4 Plus for your wife (I am using G4 Plus from the date of its release and I am loving it).
Old 25th November 2016, 09:56   #24977
Senior - BHPian

So December 2nd the OP3T launches in India. Hope prices are in line with US Dollar prices.

I really like the specs of the Huawei Mate 9 Pro but i guess it would be priced at Sammy S7 prices.
Old 25th November 2016, 10:24   #24978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Samsung owners especially high end premium phone owners, please note this:

http://phoneradar.com/samsung-denyin...ss-conditions/

Has Samsung USA lost it? That is completely unacceptable. Hopefully its a one off case of of a stupid customer rep because if this would have been their standard policy, the Internet would trolled Samsung by now!

Btw... Samsung India is still swapping screens... If you pay them. A friend got his phone repaired last week.
Old 25th November 2016, 19:47   #24979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Samsung owners especially high end premium phone owners, please note this:

http://phoneradar.com/samsung-denyin...ss-conditions/
Thanks for reporting.
In Indian context, as per Samsung India's website, there is an offer to get one time free screen replacement within the first 12 months.
Old 26th November 2016, 22:57   #24980
BHPian

Been using Redmi note 3 for more than a month now and I'm very happy with it. It's got an awesome battery life and has a lag free performance.

Yesterday while browsing on chrome, I got an alert for possible virus threat and I closed the tab immediately. But after this, I've noticed a considerable drop in battery performance and also the phone heating up on browsing. Initially after using the phone all day long, there was approx 40%-45% battery remaining at the end of the day but now there is a drop of nearly 25% in battery life. Also the phone gets heated up more than before.

What could be the reason and how do I rectify this problem so as to bring back the phone to it's original performance? Will formatting the phone help or do I need to do something else? Pls advice.
Old 27th November 2016, 20:35   #24981
BHPian

Quote:
Moto E3 power for Dad
Moto G4 plus for wife (and maybe you)
OnePlus 3 for you if you're willing to spend. Else, Z2 is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
+1 for this. Moto E3 Power is sufficiently featured and your Dad will be at ease to use it, so as in case of Moto G4/G4 Plus for your wife (I am using G4 Plus from the date of its release and I am loving it).
+2 for the above.

But instead of OPO get Moto Z Play.... Become a MoTo family.

Believe me all these three are worth their price.
Old 27th November 2016, 23:16   #24982
BHPian

Quote:
Hi with.
Thanks landcruiser123, agree on no antenna in Mi4i for VoLTE. Think that's why Mi4 is Expensive.
------------------------------------------------------

Dear Members, I have few networking question.

Pre 5.0 Andriod version have the flexibility to constantly switch on off network for better connectivity. But Post 5.0 versions require a rooted Phone.

I have Jio sim but pathetic speed and have downloaded few ping Apps and configure them to ping 8.8.8.8 non stop.

I am just a beginner in networking field and whatever knowledge I have is via Google.

For Ping

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.ddm.iptools

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ivot.pingmeter

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.netping

For VPN I use this for Faster speed, still speed is pathetic till 9pm but post 9pm I have seen 6/7 M or 4G occasionally.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...k.proxy.vpnpro

I got this new app and am still figuring out how to configure it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....vx.connectbot

understand I need a keyboard with this app.

Anything info related to Network/config for my Mi4i, will appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 28th November 2016, 18:04   #24983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
What could be the reason and how do I rectify this problem so as to bring back the phone to it's original performance? Will formatting the phone help or do I need to do something else? Pls advice.
Did you try the built in Virus Scan feature in the Security App. That should be the first step I guess followed by a formatting if there is no virus found and the issue still persists.
Old 28th November 2016, 19:55   #24984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Did you try the built in Virus Scan feature in the Security App. That should be the first step I guess followed by a formatting if there is no virus found and the issue still persists.
Thanks abhinav,
Didn't do the virus scan but had a chat with the customer care executive at mi.com and they suggested to format the phone. Did the formatting in the afternoon and seems that the issue has been resolved. Will get a clear picture by tomorrow evening.
Anyways, thanks once again.
Old 29th November 2016, 10:11   #24985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Could it be possible that you have Chrome add on got installed which is eating all batteries! If it is okay with you, uninstall Chrome and Install it again! May be this help any unwanted add-on in chrome also removed. The drawback is that you loose all stored password.
Old 29th November 2016, 16:51   #24986
BHPian

I am unable to find Moto G Plus (4th Gen) in Flipkart. Is it available only on Amazon?
Old 29th November 2016, 17:23   #24987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I am unable to find Moto G Plus (4th Gen) in Flipkart. Is it available only on Amazon?
Yes it is only available on Amazon India.
Old 2nd December 2016, 01:48   #24988
BHPian

Been using the oneplus 3T 128GB version for the past one week. Its definitely a big step up from my 2 year old Lg G3 running CM 14.1

The battery life is phenomenal. The software is butter smooth and very responsive. The AMOLED screen seems brighter than the QHD screen on the G3. The G3 screen now feels dull. 3T is very well build as well. This is my first all metal phone. 3T is much taller than the G3.

Dash charging is awesome. Camera seems ok but feel low light shots are just about average. Haven't tried the manual mode still.

Still have another week to make up my mind. Planning to hold onto it. Seems like excellent value at $479. I am curious to know its price when i launches in India on 2nd.

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 2nd December 2016 at 01:56. Reason: Spelling
Old 2nd December 2016, 07:46   #24989
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally Android Nougat seems to have one feature that actually matters in this useless update-after-update fever that seems to have gripped the Android users in general - multi-window support. Yes it has its kinks, definitely not as effective or smooth as a windows laptop but one can surely use 2 simple programs at a time now bringing the RAM usage to real relevance. The rest of the OS felt a bit quicker, faster, no-nonsense in this avatar, Marshmallow was a highly overrated OS but this seems to be less publicised and yet quite a bit better. I'm happy to have got it reasonably within time and ahead of many other brands

The rest of the Xperia UI has been made much more practical and user-friendly, even more so than usual. Brilliant products, to me electronics mean Sony, no other brand comes within a mile. Its the closest thing to an Android luxury brand, not quite as expensive as Vertu but on par with Apple if not ahead in terms of snob appeal.
Old 3rd December 2016, 00:44   #24990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Been using the oneplus 3T 128GB version for the past one week.
Planning to hold onto it. Seems like excellent value at $479. I am curious to know its price when i launches in India on 2nd.
INR 29,999/- and INR 34,999/- for the 64 GB and 128 GB variants respectively.

Goes on sale at Amazon.in starting 00:01 hrs of Dec 14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks