Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2016, 16:16   #25111
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Can someone suggest a good android phone which will be available in a brick and mortar shop? (A relative of mine needs it urgently)
Hi, you can go for the one plus 2 as well for the price you mentioned. I am using it from the past 1 year and i am extremely satisfied. Right now it retails for a shade below 20k.

Last edited by ampere : 29th December 2016 at 20:06. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 29th December 2016, 18:43   #25112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Just on the limited point of Turbo charging, it just works very well on my G4 Plus and I guess it charges up fully in one hour +.
My MIL has one. The problem is that it charges awfully slow on any other charger. Think 30%(64-94) in two hours from MI power bank. My Redmi Note 3 charged almost 80% in that period from another mi bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
These kinds of articles are just for unnecessary bashing.

I love android+ the freedom it gives to customise your phone. - custom ROMs, launchers etc. I'm sure I use only the very basic customisation compared to what is actually capable. Most people don't use any customisation options at all.
Android is now moving the Apple way and I'm livid. My Redmi Note 3 was upgraded to Android 6 finally and the upgrade is horrible. Endless all crashes, especially when you share say from gallery to Instagram. Or endless times SwiftKey has lagged or hung. With miui8 you can't downgrade anymore. Plus you can't enter the typical recovery to wipe cache (which is often the recommended solution for an Android version upgrade). So I'm getting apple like policies with the update quality of a third tier Android manufacturer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Bhpians,
I am looking to buy a phone with below requirements- (in no particular order)
1. Good Camera Quality
2. Internal memory - Min. 16GB (Better if 32Gb or more)
3. No Hybrid Slot (can compromise on this if needed)
4. Should support LTE (If supports VOLTE, better)
5. Budget 10-15K Max.
6. No Samsung (no offense meant to Samsung lovers and owners)
7. Should be able to connect to Windows PC without any PC Suite.
8. Screen Size 5-5.5"
Check the relevant Asus phones. I think their camera for their laser series is fairly decent and often better than what you read about in reviews. A friend loved his prev gen Zenfone 6 esp for the camera.
Old 29th December 2016, 18:55   #25113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I am looking to buy a phone with below requirements- (in no particular order)
Go for moto g4+ as camera quality is a priority. Otherwise Redmi 3S, RN 3 and LeEco Le2 are great.

Last edited by ampere : 29th December 2016 at 20:07. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 29th December 2016, 21:18   #25114
BHPian

Cyanogen Inc. shuts down. CyanogenMod is now discontinued.

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...mas-bloodbath/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CyanogenMod
Quote:
On 23 December 2016, Cyanogen Inc. announced that they were shutting down the infrastructure behind CyanogenMod.[86] This was shortly followed by news that the main CyanogenMod project would migrate, renaming itself as "LineageOS".
Old 30th December 2016, 09:08   #25115
BHPian

How's the moto G4 plus? Are there any issues with it? I read in forums it's full of heating/ghost touch issues. Any other suggestions for a 15k budget?
Old 30th December 2016, 09:10   #25116
BHPian

Unofficial Lineage OS for OnePlus One has been born! They have started from where CyanogenMod has left.
Old 30th December 2016, 09:13   #25117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
How's the moto G4 plus? Are there any issues with it? I read in forums it's full of heating/ghost touch issues. Any other suggestions for a 15k budget?

Edit : I don't want to buy a mi product. Already have lots in my family.
Old 30th December 2016, 09:15   #25118
BHPian

Quote:
It does heat but nothing more than what normally smartphones do. In fact I happened to use my BILs Redmi Note 3 and it heats like oven even with regular calling functions.

In the sub 15k category you can look at Asus Zenfone 3 Max or wait for the upcoming Lenovo K6 Note.

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 30th December 2016 at 09:19.
Old 30th December 2016, 12:14   #25119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
It does heat but nothing more than what normally smartphones do. In fact I happened to use my BILs Redmi Note 3 and it heats like oven even with regular calling functions.

In the sub 15k category you can look at Asus Zenfone 3 Max or wait for the upcoming Lenovo K6 Note.

Thanks a lot ! Ordered G4 plus as it's getting nougat update already.
Old 30th December 2016, 13:22   #25120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Unofficial Lineage OS for OnePlus One has been born! They have started from where CyanogenMod has left.
Official version of Lineage OS for Nexus 6 is released. Though respective developer has released it via google drive instead of download server (as infrastructure not yet ready). I am already migrated it over CM14.1 Dec 26 release on my Nexus 6.

Last edited by RaguHolla : 30th December 2016 at 13:23.
Old 30th December 2016, 14:44   #25121
BHPian

Any feedback on how the moto G4 / G4 plus is in real life usage? I'm thinking of exchanging my nexus 4 with a moto G(x) where x = 4, 4 plus or z.
Old 30th December 2016, 14:45   #25122
BHPian

Also any feedback on issues post nougat update in Moto g4 plus?
Old 30th December 2016, 20:06   #25123
BHPian

Quote:
Also any feedback on issues post nougat update in Moto g4 plus?
I am using Nova launcher, so can't speak about any changes in the Google launcher. There is a new quick launch option keys when you swipe once from top which is a good thing.

Also I am now having a small inconvenience in unlocking with swipe option. I don't use finger print scanner or pattern etc and use only swipe up option to unlock. Prior to update I could unlock with a very short swipe up and now after update the length of the swipe up is from bottom almost till the top, which is a bit annoying.

Will update further as I figure out new things.

KK
Old 1st January 2017, 20:17   #25124
BHPian

Has anybody with One plus 3 got Nougat 4.0 update? I get a message 'your system is up to date on trying it.
Old 1st January 2017, 20:53   #25125
BHPian

Here is something I did not expect:

TL;DR - Dont depend on Mi Cloud for data backup.

I use a Mi5 and it has been backing up my data silently to the Mi-Cloud.
So far so good.

I wiped and reinstalled the the latest MIUI 8 Global ROM (rooted).
I did backup all my data to my laptop before I wiped the phone. It previously ran the Developer version of the MIUI ROM (also rooted).

Since I did not require any of the backed up data immediately (except Contacts, which Google restored almost immediately), I felt I could wait until I needed some of it; and then of course the Mi-Cloud would always have a copy.

Imagine my surprise when it came time to restore my data from Mi-Cloud, they've made it extremely inconvenient - you get to restore one piece at a time, e.g. one pic at a time.

So beware - save your data locally or maybe to Google Drive (I don't use it much, so cant tell you the pros and cons).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks