Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2017, 14:17   #25201
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Guys - Need help in transferring contacts & text messages from my dad's Lumia 925 to One Plus 3. I bought the phone in September & its lying unused purely because of this reason, any suggestions? Vodafone store said they don't support Lumia & few free software available online are purchase only.

Please help.

Thanks
May be you have already tried this but if you have a gmail account, you can sync all your contacts and get them back onto the OP3.

Not sure about message. Perhaps NFC might work. Thats how i did it when i transferred from LgG3 to my OP3T
Old 14th January 2017, 15:39   #25202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Has anyone got Nougat update on their Oneplus 3 or 3T? I have a 3T still on OOS 3.4. waiting to try out Nougat. Don't want to do the manual process
You can install a VPN and login from Germany or Canada and then you will immediately get the update. You can try Opera free VPN
Old 14th January 2017, 18:43   #25203
Distinguished - BHPian

I am facing a problem connecting my s7 edge to my laptop as mobile hotspot. It used to connect with ease but from yesterday is refusing to connect. The device is being detected by mac but on connecting it shows could not connect and try moving the phone closer. Also tried to connect it to a windows laptop and wife's iPhone and again was unable to. Tried restarting all the devices but the problem persists. Till 2 days back it was connecting without any problem. Any idea what may be wrong?
Old 14th January 2017, 19:19   #25204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Guys - Need help in transferring contacts & text messages from my dad's Lumia 925 to One Plus 3. I bought the phone in September & its lying unused purely because of this reason, any suggestions? Vodafone store said they don't support Lumia & few free software available online are purchase only.

Please help.

Thanks
On the Windows phone, I assume contacts are being synced with an Outlook account. If so, follow the steps listed in the first comment in this post: http://android.stackexchange.com/que...one-to-android
This is the easiest way and takes barely 5 minutes.
Old 14th January 2017, 20:51   #25205
BHPian

So fairly happy with the OnePlus 3t, surprisingly good phone and the reviews are bang on target when they kind of say it's the Nexus, Google did not release.

But the feel of it Vs. the Pixel, I found the Pixel better; feels far more premium. I also love the FP sensor on the back Vs on the front. I hope the next iteration of OnePlus, they do change it. The one thing 3t has going is the Dash Charging - it is crazy fast - your charging behavior changes completely. Just top it off for 15 mins and you are mostly good to go.
Old 15th January 2017, 01:08   #25206
BHPian

Purchased the op3T for my wife and it is surprisingly nippy. I am amazed. I use the 6 plus and she had the 4S. Been on iOS since 2010 and purchased the android with some trepidation. Am so happy with the phone in about 2 weeks of usage that I have decided to definitely shift too once my 6 plus dies. It's kinda early days but I've never ever felt this responsiveness from any iPhone I've held ever. Realized all we use are apps and the same apps are there for both platforms. Speed is of the essence and there is plenty of it with the op3T.
Old 15th January 2017, 08:03   #25207
BHPian

Hi all,
I purchased OnePlus 3T during end-Dec'16. Its a superb phone, nothing to worry.

Upon bit searching, I came across a protection plan. So, I also purchased the "Accidental and Liquid Damage Protection Plan - 1 year" (a.k.a. OnePlus Protect) by Servify for Rs.1899. In my personal view, this would be a small price to give me bit protection for a 30K phone. This plan can be purchased only within 15 days of phone purchase.

Process is simple:
- download the App on phone and register your email;
- upload the Invoice (clearly showing IMEI Number(s)) and ID Proof;
(I had to re-send the docs few times to make them see the IMEI, and even followed-up on their phone)
- do the payment;
- upon verification, your plan can be activated; App will be updated too;
- in unfortunate event of phone damage, you can get it repaired etc

Some Details:
https://servify.in/onepluscare/
https://servify.in/termsandconditions/oneplus-tnc/
https://servify.in/blog/oneplus-care...otection-plan/
https://servify.in/blog/onepluscare-app/

PS: with a bit of reading online, I came to know that long back during OP-3 launch, this plan was offered complimentary (Free!), provided registration was done in time. As of now, OP-3 and OP-3T users need to purchase it.

I later noticed in my app, they also offer OnePlus Secure (extended warranty) for 6 months (Rs.1499) and One Year (Rs.1799) - this I ignored.

not sure if above is discussed previously on this thread; else, hope its useful for colleagues.

regards,
Pranav

Last edited by pcpranav : 15th January 2017 at 08:08. Reason: more links
Old 15th January 2017, 08:26   #25208
Team-BHP Support

My daughter [18 months old] has the habit of misusing my wife's phone. Any strong phone recommended which won't fall apart easily? 32 or 64 GB would be prefereed. Price = <20K

Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 09:51   #25209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
My daughter [18 months old] has the habit of misusing my wife's phone. Any strong phone recommended which won't fall apart easily? 32 or 64 GB would be prefereed. Price = <20K

Thanks
I'm yet to find a phone which is toddler proof. It's better to invest in silicone covers and tempered glass.
Old 15th January 2017, 09:59   #25210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post

Upon bit searching, I came across a protection plan. So, I also purchased the "Accidental and Liquid Damage Protection Plan - 1 year" (a.k.a. OnePlus Protect) by Servify for Rs.1899. In my personal view, this would be a small price to give me bit protection for a 30K phone. This plan can be purchased only within 15 days of phone purchase.
The OP3 used to have the one year plan from servify included with the phone itself. Didn't need to buy it separately when I bought my OP3. I thought the same offer would be continued with the OP3T, but it seems that they have not included it for OP3T.

Last edited by JonSnow : 15th January 2017 at 10:01.
Old 15th January 2017, 11:44   #25211
BHPian

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
In my personal view, this would be a small price to give me bit protection for a 30K phone. This plan can be purchased only within 15 days of phone purchase.
I later noticed in my app, they also offer OnePlus Secure (extended warranty) for 6 months (Rs.1499) and One Year (Rs.1799) - this I ignored.
Thank you for sharing. Took your advice and just sneaked into this validity.
I think it might be worthwhile to take the extended one year warranty as well. We have 250 days to decide on that one but I believe that could still be helpful.
Old 15th January 2017, 15:52   #25212
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
On the Windows phone, I assume contacts are being synced with an Outlook account. If so, follow the steps listed in the first comment in this post: http://android.stackexchange.com/que...one-to-android
This is the easiest way and takes barely 5 minutes.
Quote:
May be you have already tried this but if you have a gmail account, you can sync all your contacts and get them back onto the OP3.

Not sure about message. Perhaps NFC might work. Thats how i did it when i transferred from LgG3 to my OP3T
The contacts are not a problem, its the text messages which are becoming a pain. I've tried NFC also to transfer but for some god-forsaken reason, it just won't go through. Any other leads for text messages?

Thanks.
Old 15th January 2017, 16:31   #25213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
You can install a VPN and login from Germany or Canada and then you will immediately get the update. You can try Opera free VPN
Thanks. I know i can VPN and select Germany/Canada and get the update. I can also download the .zip file and upgrade manually.
I was wondering why OP hasn't released the update to larger audience in India when India accounts for 1/3 the sales of 3T. I would have assumed OP would prioritize India over other regions.

Looks like we are already playing catchup with 7.0.1 update released in the developed markets.

I want to use phone this like a noob. I have not even unlocked the bootloader yet!

Let me see when i will get the update.

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 15th January 2017 at 16:33.
Old 15th January 2017, 16:31   #25214
BHPian

As said a few posts before, recently got OP3T, earlier was using Samsung S3. I transferred the text (sms) using a good app - SMS Backup & Restore (by Carbonite). The process is very simple.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th January 2017 at 23:16. Reason: As per RP
Old 15th January 2017, 19:40   #25215
BHPian

I too purchased a OP3T and has been using that since January 5th. I was in the windows platform for quite some time and this is my first android phone. Lack of even basic apps made me to migrate.

Regarding Servify, I also purchased their accidental damage policy for ₹1899/- and the process was bit hectic. There was some bugs in the apps, but their customer support is too good. Second year onwards, what they offer is just extended warranty and no insurance. Is there any other plans/ company which can provide insurance from second year? Majority of the companies need to start the policy from the first year itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks