Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2016, 07:20   #24796
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Samsung launches Galaxy on Nxt smartphone. MRP is around 19k. One unique thing i noticed is the dual SIM & micro SD slots. It has 2 slots - one dedicated SIM slot and another SIM + Micro SD slot. The specs loooks good. 3GB Ram + 32 GB internal memory.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-samsung.jpg

https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-nxt...anner_widget_1
Old 21st October 2016, 10:01   #24797
Senior - BHPian

OK Samsung decided to roll out few Note 7 features on Galaxy S7/S7Edge. Got the update yesterday. Nothing noteworthy, few tricks in the Always On Display. Looks like S7 twins will have longest run as flagship phones in Samsung history getting all the attention from the company.
Old 21st October 2016, 10:38   #24798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Looks like S7 twins will have longest run as flagship phones in Samsung history getting all the attention from the company.
Yeah, like I mentioned elsewhere, the demise of the Note 7 forced me to go and get the S7 Edge recently and after tinkering with it for the last few days, I am just so pleased to be back on the Samsung flagship, after playing with Chinese/Taiwanese for the past few years, and after last owning a Note 2 a few years back. I have no qualms in declaring it the best android phone in the world currently, after having a close dekko at both the Pixel (camera leader) and the iPhone 7 (non android). The benefit for us consumers is that the Note 7 fiasco led Samsung to become more pro-active as well as competitive with the S7 range, which you can now enter for as low as 41k (or 2300 pm), and which will now remain it's mainstay for at least the coming next 6 months. Awaiting the arrival of the Gear VR at the throwaway price of 1999, in the meanwhile.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-purchased-15102016.jpg

Cheers to Samsung for this...

Last edited by dkaile : 21st October 2016 at 10:44.
Old 21st October 2016, 19:10   #24799
BHPian

Seems like Nougat update is being rolled out for Moto G4/G4 Plus. There were concerns regarding updates after Lenovo's purchase of Motorola, but this should allay those fears. Hope they can keep up with the quick update schedule.

https://motorola-mobility-en-in.cust...il/a_id/115401
Old 21st October 2016, 19:24   #24800
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Though not A8, but I got the better half a On8 and I feel it's a great phone for the buck (13.5k) and perfect for your requirements. Full HD SmOLED, Dedicated 2 sim slots and a separate SD card slot, 16GB internal but expandable to 128GB, 3GB Ram, 3300mAh battery and quad core processor. If you want full metal body then you can go for the slightly pricier J7 Prime which in addition also has a finger print scanner and gorilla glass but a LED screen instead of a SmOLED.

Cheers...
I think it would be a better idea for him to wait for the On Nxt, which is going to be launched in a couple of days.

https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-nxt...anner_widget_1
Old 21st October 2016, 19:32   #24801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I think it would be a better idea for him to wait for the On Nxt
It's already launched today. But that's basically just a J7 Prime with 16GB of extra memory. Depends whether you want to pay 5k extra for that over the On8. If you don't need the fingerprint scanner or the metal body, On 8 has the exact same specs and comes with additional 32 GB card thrown in for free and.... has a sAMOLED full HD screen instead of the LED one on the On Nxt/J7 Prime.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 21st October 2016 at 19:44.
Old 21st October 2016, 22:14   #24802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Seems like Nougat update is being rolled out for Moto G4/G4 Plus. There were concerns regarding updates after Lenovo's purchase of Motorola, but this should allay those fears. Hope they can keep up with the quick update schedule.
Even for the X Play, according to something that I read on XDA.

(yes, admitted: hearsay!)
Old 22nd October 2016, 15:12   #24803
BHPian

I have a moto Z, ordered from flipkart a few days ago. Exchanged it with the LG G4 I had and so far it's been great. 4.5 hours of screen on time with two 4g Sims! And close to 5.5 on WiFi at home. If anybody has any questions, please feel free to ask me. Oh the 820 and stock Android is a welcome change from LG's UI. Also, did I mention how much I love the AMOLED? And man oh man, the thickness (or rather thin-ness) of this is unbelievable, easily the most premium smartphone I've held so far, better than the GS7 edge I'd say.

Last edited by createrkid : 22nd October 2016 at 15:14.
Old 22nd October 2016, 15:36   #24804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
There were concerns regarding updates after Lenovo's purchase of Motorola
The concern is still very real.

The Moto G3 (or 2015 Moto G) is not getting an update to Andorid Nougat.
The Moto G4 play is scheduled to get the update to Android N.

Both phones have the same chipset.
Old 22nd October 2016, 17:13   #24805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
I have a moto Z, ordered from flipkart a few days ago. Exchanged it with the LG G4 I had and so far it's been great. 4.5 hours of screen on time with two 4g Sims! And close to 5.5 on WiFi at home. If anybody has any questions, please feel free to ask me. Oh the 820 and stock Android is a welcome change from LG's UI. Also, did I mention how much I love the AMOLED? And man oh man, the thickness (or rather thin-ness) of this is unbelievable, easily the most premium smartphone I've held so far, better than the GS7 edge I'd say.
Had the G3 then the G4. Loved both phones. More wide than tall and the ability to swap batteries was such a joy.

The G4 died on me after the Android 6 update fiasco :( Heated up and ultimately after a few days it died a horrible death. Waiting for v20 now.
Old 22nd October 2016, 18:36   #24806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
The G3 is still likely to get added in the update list later. Even the Moto E 2nd gen was not initially in the Marshmallow, but was added later on.
The G3 is a really popular device. So I don't think Moto would give it such a treatment. Still, can't say; they're in Lenovo's hands now.
Old 22nd October 2016, 19:29   #24807
Senior - BHPian

I am often getting a message the SD card has been accidentally ejected. Switching off the phone and switching on rectifies it. But it happens again the next day, or even the same day. I thought it happens during Kaspersky scan and changed the schedule to once a week, but still this problem persists. What could be the issue? Phone is Moto G third Gen (G LTE).
Old 22nd October 2016, 20:11   #24808
Senior - BHPian

could be an issue with the card? had such issues with a 128gb lexar card in my phone which worked fine in my shield tab but. popped a sandisk 128gb and voila all is well.
Old 22nd October 2016, 22:54   #24809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post

Yea that's a bummer. But all other phones from last year's lineup are expected to receive the update. Hope they add Moto G3 to the list later on at least. I wonder if they had a limitation due to the phone specs (Moto G3 had a 1GB RAM / 8GB ROM version), though i don't think that is likely.
Old 23rd October 2016, 00:33   #24810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
could be an issue with the card?
It is a Sandisk card, only 16 GB. Was using it for a while, problem started only recently.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks