Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2016, 09:50   #24661
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Thanks for the info JonSnow.

Will probably wait for some tempting offers from Amazon. Any idea as to when will be the next sale.
I'm guessing sometime around Diwali.
Old 9th October 2016, 10:20   #24662

After waiting for more than three months finally, was able to get my hands on the Soft Gold OPO3 and have already fallen in love with it. The dash charger is a revelation.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1475988595741.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1475988608338.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1475988618858.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1475988631148.jpg  

Old 9th October 2016, 22:00   #24663
BHPian

Wonder why Moto X Play had a big discount during the Flipkart Big Billion day sale? Probably since its now being manufactured in India at the Flextronics plant in Chennai - Tamilnadu.

Refer images of 2 Moto X Play device packaging. In 2015, the device was manufactured in Motorola plant at China, and in 2016 the device is manufactured in India.

The price for 2GB/16GB dual SIM model was INR 15,500/- during Flipkart Big Billion day sale in 2015 and was INR 11,900/- in 2016 Flipkart Big Billion day sale.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-x-play.jpg  

Old 11th October 2016, 11:43   #24664
BHPian

Anyone here using a Nexus 6P and facing network issues post android 7.0 installation?

My phone intermittently shows no service/network. The same SIM on my other phone is connecting to the respective network without an issue. I am facing this with both Idea and Vodafone. And somehow I have a strong feeling that this is related to Android 7.0

Definitely frustrating and I am hoping I am correct about it being an OS related problem and not a hardware one. Fingers crossed!
Old 11th October 2016, 12:08   #24665
BHPian

Re: RN3 and Missed calls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
What's the Bluetooth issue? It would be a deal breaker for me since I'm using it daily for 1.5 hours in my car. Still confused which phone to go for, whether to spend 12k or 30k...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Bluetooth connection can be enabled for either phone calls, or for music. If you enable both, the connection hangs up, sometimes within a few seconds, sometimes after a few minutes. So I have enabled it for calls only. I encountered this same problem before when i installed CyanogenMod on my Moto G ( It worked fine when i was on Moto's stock ROM). I couldn't find any solution. It was annoying earlier, since there were no good radio stations for hindi songs in hyderabad - all were telugu channels only. Now, a couple of bollywood radio stations have started, so it's not that big a deal for me, but it is a bit annoying that if i want to use it to receive calls, i can't listen to my own music collection.
A little update on this. I just tried out Bluetooth for both calls and music on my OnePlus 3 today and it worked flawlessly. I guess they fixed the issue.
Old 11th October 2016, 21:51   #24666
Senior - BHPian

Samsung permanently discontinuing Note 7?

An end of Note series?

A good move by Samsung? Or just a knee jerk reaction!
Old 11th October 2016, 22:49   #24667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Anyone here using a Nexus 6P and facing network issues post android 7.0 installation? ...
haven't got 'no network' message, but have got few people telling me that they got "switched off" message when they tried to call me, even though I was not.
Old 11th October 2016, 23:20   #24668
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
A little update on this. I just tried out Bluetooth for both calls and music on my OnePlus 3 today and it worked flawlessly. I guess they fixed the issue.
Thanks for the update. My Oneplus 3 was delivered today. Don't ask about the delivery fiasco though, anyway now it has reached me and everything is looking good. Tomorrow I'll pair it with my car and hope for the best. BTW, are you on stock rom or custom rom? Have anyone with OP3 rooted or installed community rom?
Old 12th October 2016, 00:04   #24669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

An end of Note series?

I guess that was the right decision. They rushed out with the second version which was supposed to be safe but turned out to have the same problem. So it seems that they have not identified the actual cause. One mistake may be forgiven but a second one can cause people to lose faith. If they bring a third version, they have to be absolutely sure it is safe. Not sure if they can do that in a short time frame. If it takes a long time, then it will be too late in the cycle with newer chipsets being just around the corner. And if they rush out a new one, people may still not be confident about buying it. And with 3 versions out, it will be confusing for airlines to ascertain which ones are safe and which shouldn't be allowed. So I think it makes sense to drop this model for this year. They can come back next year with newer model after having extensive testing done to confirm safety and maybe use a different name altogether

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Thanks for the update. My Oneplus 3 was delivered today. Don't ask about the delivery fiasco though, anyway now it has reached me and everything is looking good. Tomorrow I'll pair it with my car and hope for the best. BTW, are you on stock rom or custom rom? Have anyone with OP3 rooted or installed community rom?
I am on the stock ROM for now. I hear that the camera is not good on custom ROMs. Once OnePlus releases the necessary code/binaries for camera, they would be fine.

I have good heard good things about the community ROM. Apparently it is quite stable and performs well. And Carl Pei just teased about a new community build. Will be interesting to see what that brings.
Old 12th October 2016, 02:39   #24670
BHPian

Quote:
An end of Note series?
I don't think this would be the end of the note series. It has a unique skill set as yet unequalled by any other line. Note users, especially the power users, are seldom impressed by anything else. The Note 8 will be awaited and Samsung will really step up to meet the expectations.

Last edited by ampere : 12th October 2016 at 22:21. Reason: Edited quoted content
Old 12th October 2016, 13:24   #24671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

An end of Note series?

If this is true, then it is a problem for those waiting for the S7 edge price to fall.
Old 12th October 2016, 14:16   #24672

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
I don't think this would be the end of the note series. It has a unique skill set as yet unequalled by any other line.
Note users , especially the power users, are seldom impressed by anything else. The Note 8 will be awaited and Samsung will really step up to meet the expectations.
Definitely not, it's too big a market to let go and Samsung created this segment, maybe they will dissolve the name "note" and come up with some new series just to avoid negativity surrounding "note"? That would be my guess.
Old 12th October 2016, 14:23   #24673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyliner34 View Post
Definitely not, it's too big a market to let go and Samsung created this segment, maybe they will dissolve the name "note" and come up with some new series just to avoid negativity surrounding "note"? That would be my guess.
Samsung really owns this segment. One just has to see how many other manufacturers have phones called "Note". It goes without saying who they hope to resemble.
I think the Note as a brand name is strong enough to get over this crisis.
Old 12th October 2016, 20:29   #24674
BHPian

Re: Jio Devices?

Any reviews on Jio loaded LYF devices?

I am looking for a device with pre-inserted Jio SIM, for my sister who keeps traveling between Mumbai and K'taka. She spends quite a lot on roaming charges and Airtel as we all know is expensive.

Looking for good call quality, whatsapp, camera in that order.

Please suggest!
Old 12th October 2016, 21:19   #24675
BHPian

@jmaruru there is no "Jio loaded" device. All 4G Volte phones work in the same way with a Jio sim. In the 15k range, try the Moto S or One Plus 3. If you want an Apple device buy the iPhone 7/7 plus from Reliance retail and get Jio free usage offer.

In the less than 10k range, try Redmi 3S and 10-12k Redmi Note 3.

Call quality for Jio is poor to other operators due to POI issues. It will only get solved after commercial launch.

Last edited by GTO : 13th October 2016 at 12:34. Reason: As requested :)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks