Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2016, 14:53   #24571
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

My OPX received the Android M update last night, finally. Some interesting changes. Off late though I am finding the battery drain to be shocking. From around 3.5 hrs of SOT it is gone to about 2hrs.
Old 1st October 2016, 17:29   #24572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
My OPX received the Android M update last night, finally. Some interesting changes. Off late though I am finding the battery drain to be shocking. From around 3.5 hrs of SOT it is gone to about 2hrs.
Thats quite abnormally low. After the update and with Greenify and app permissions controlled I am looking to get almost 5 hours of SOT on my one plus x !
I would recommend that you do a factory reset (I did one on mine and then it worked properly). I also recommend Greenify as from my experience it does work!
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1475323053279.jpg  

Old 1st October 2016, 17:48   #24573
Oxy
BHPian

Flipkart to sell the original Moto Turbo for 13999 from midnight tonight. Though an old phone, this still looks a month watering deal.

https://www.flipkart.com/moto-turbo-...BE45H673ZGUCVX

This is the 21 MP cam one.

Last edited by Oxy : 1st October 2016 at 17:50.
Old 1st October 2016, 23:09   #24574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Things you should always do without fail after an os update regardless of whatever type of phone you use is:

1) go to 'settings' and go through all of the settings preferably those which have anything to do with internet usage or which directly or indirectly influence it.

2) pay special attention to tabs like 'background refresh', 'automatic update'(eg. Playstore app also), 'Backup', 'cloud/icloud' and the likes. Check that these are exactly how you want them to be.

Why this is crucial is because in most major updates especially from one version to another types, these settings tend to revert back to 'default' which mostly means giving the os usage of maximum data freedom to use to aide in "experience". That directy affects your battery usage as well. Not to mention your data budget going for a toss in the same breath.

Also, after updating all the apps you want, please restart your phone.

Hope this helps.
Old 2nd October 2016, 01:01   #24575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
1) go to 'settings' and go through all of the settings preferably those which have anything to do with internet usage or which directly or indirectly influence it.

2) pay special attention to tabs like 'background refresh', 'automatic update'(eg. Playstore app also), 'Backup', 'cloud/icloud' and the likes. Check that these are exactly how you want them to be.
Last time I did anything big like that, I took screenshots of all the configuration pages that are important to me, for Android itself, for the launcher, and for any app that I want to be sure will act the same way as before. These I saved on the memory card and on my computer. Hey, I'm obsessive about silly things like the customised colours of my home-page clock!

Upgrading from 5 to 6.0 brings Doze, which should increase battery life, but it takes some investigating, and is really lacking in its standard form. Try Greenify: even without root/Xposed, it will still make apps doze a lot more.
Old 2nd October 2016, 09:48   #24576
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Flipkart to sell the original Moto Turbo for 13999 from midnight tonight. Though an old phone, this still looks a month watering deal.....
The link says 31999/-??
Old 2nd October 2016, 09:54   #24577
BHPian

Miui 8 developer rom has brought this new feature to messages. The logo of the brand is displayed if the message is from well known brand. Pretty cool i would say.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1475382241732.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2016, 16:38   #24578
Team-BHP Support

I'm thinking of going to oneplus 3. At 28000 it seems to be good value for money. But 28000 can also get you a nexus 6P(from outside India, but international version). I am wondering, should I get that instead? If I get Nexus 6P and Oneplus 3 at same price, what is the better option?
Old 2nd October 2016, 16:55   #24579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I'm thinking of going to oneplus 3. At 28000 it seems to be good value for money. But 28000 can also get you a nexus 6P(from outside India, but international version). I am wondering, should I get that instead? If I get Nexus 6P and Oneplus 3 at same price, what is the better option?
I would pick the 6p. After a long time, we finally got a good Nexus phone and most if not all the people who have used it have had only good things to say about it.
Old 2nd October 2016, 23:14   #24580
BHPian

Quote:
The upcoming pixel series, if you can wait a while. Some international versions do not support all Indian lte bands so please check that before buying, else the 6p is definitely a very good phone for that price.
Old 2nd October 2016, 23:51   #24581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Flipkart to sell the original Moto Turbo for 13999 from midnight tonight. Though an old phone, this still looks a month watering deal.

https://www.flipkart.com/moto-turbo-...BE45H673ZGUCVX

This is the 21 MP cam one.
Yup, saw that. Looks tempting indeed!

I was planning to pickup the Moto G4 Plus 3gb 32gb version which is currently on sale at Amazon @ 13499.

Now the Moto TURBO 3gb, 64gb is being offered on flipkart @ 13999.

Which is a better buy at these prices?

http://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?i...&idPhone2=6727
Old 3rd October 2016, 00:01   #24582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post

I was planning to pickup the Moto G4 Plus 3gb 32gb version which is currently on sale at Amazon @ 13499.

Its showing at 31999 to me. I dont see a Moto Turbo for the price you guys are mentioning
Old 3rd October 2016, 00:19   #24583
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post

Depends on what you need. The turbo has a few better specs on paper over G4, but being two years old lacks in quite a few areas.

It supports far fewer LTE bands, is single-SIM, no expandable storage, the front camera is 2MP only, no fingerprint sensor and the GSMArena review also points out underwhelming audio output. Those are just the obvious ones, and it may not get the official Android N release either (wasn't on the list when I checked last, that might have changed now).

Don't prioritize raw specs over your needs, plenty of on-paper flagship killers turned out dodos in real life usage.

I was interested for a while too (the price tag obviously), but then re-read reviews and realized some of its shortcomings are deal-breakers for me. Waiting for Pixel now.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd October 2016 at 00:29.
Old 3rd October 2016, 01:34   #24584
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
I would pick the 6p. After a long time, we finally got a good Nexus phone and most if not all the people who have used it have had only good things to say about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
The upcoming pixel series, if you can wait a while. Some international versions do not support all Indian lte bands so please check that before buying, else the 6p is definitely a very good phone for that price.
I am rethinking nexus. It has the 810, which has issues. OnePlus has 820, and is more or less pure android.
Then there is the Lenove Z2 thingy also, similar specs but 8K cheaper.

Pixel is going to be a lot more expensive I guess.
Old 3rd October 2016, 08:43   #24585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am rethinking nexus. It has the 810, which has issues. OnePlus has 820, and is more or less pure android.
Then there is the Lenove Z2 thingy also, similar specs but 8K cheaper.
My vote goes for the One Plus 3. A relative of mine uses the Nexus 6P, and the thing is just too massive for comfortable use. The One Pus 3 is one of the smaller and more compact offerings in the 5.5 inches segment, not to mention its core attributes of superbly optimized software, awesome build and design and solid camera.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks