Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2023, 23:12   #32191
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
All - Any latest recommendation for Samsung Android phone at Max 20K INR? Not very particular about OS updates, etc and for normal usage but with 5G support.

Samsung has too many Galaxy models and confusing to choose one.
Galaxy M34 is what you are looking for.
Bhokal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 07:17   #32192
BANNED

Quote:
Samsung has too many Galaxy models and confusing to choose one.
The F series models are primarily to be sold on Flipkart. The M series are to be sold on aMazon. Both are available through physical shops.

The A series phones are are not exactly premium, but typically have better features and typically have better v optimised software than their F and M series counterparts.

The S in S series is for "super expensive". Or premium, depending on you POV. These are flagship phones.

The FE at end of a model number officially indicates "fans edition", a flagship with a few features watered down at hardware level - like a lower screen, camera, etc. These are based on S series counterparts and positioned below the S series.

There is plenty of overlap across each lineup on price.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 07:58   #32193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
The F series models are primarily to be sold on Flipkart. The M series are to be sold on aMazon.
So, are you saying the F & M series are similar in hardware and software features?

Also, Is the premium on A series against F/M well worth it?
Old 24th July 2023, 09:00   #32194
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Spent some time yesterday in GSM arena and talking to friends corroborate the above. From the chipset perspective it seems Samsung is using Qualcomm only for S series which is its flagship. All Galaxy A, M, F models are using Exynos. FE is offered in both Exynos and Qualcomm at different price range in some models.

So Exynos is the option for budget phones. It is a bit disappointing. If I choose the Snapdragon, good old S20 FE at 27K is the starting point. Yet to decide whether to pick it or not. It seems to be still selling due to the chip glut from COVID.
Old 24th July 2023, 11:48   #32195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If I choose the Snapdragon, good old S20 FE at 27K is the starting point. Yet to decide whether to pick it or not. It seems to be still selling due to the chip glut from COVID.
Not sure if I am using it wrong, but even with pocket mode on, the S20 FE does not detect that it is in a pocket and tries to unlock and when I do take the phone out, it says use PIN as I have tried unlocking it too many times!

Oh and the camera without tap to focus makes me want to throw the phone!

Other than that, it is a nice phone

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th July 2023 at 01:13. Reason: Please capitalize words/acronyms where appropriate. Thanks.
Old 24th July 2023, 12:37   #32196
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
So, are you saying the F & M series are similar in hardware and software features?

Also, Is the premium on A series against F/M well worth it?
Yes to both. F and M series might not be exactly Baleno and Glanza, but are very identical. Not just similar. "Almost Identical" would be better.

About the A series phones, these tend to be lighter than F and M series phones with identical processor and typically a better display if you compare on basis of identical prices. Batteries in A series phones tend to be slightly smaller but optimised software can overcome that.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th July 2023 at 01:11. Reason: Typos
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 13:00   #32197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post

Oh and the camera without tap to focus makes me want to throw the phone!

Other than that. it is a nice phone
I am using the same since 2021 May. Tap to focus, focus lock and exposure lock is very much present in the native camera app. I just verified now once more.

Yes, It is indeed a superb phone with a fantastic camera - Just one major con- lack of fast charging compared to the present gen phones.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 13:09   #32198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I am using the same since 2021 May. Tap to focus, focus lock and exposure lock is very much present in the native camera app. I just verified now once more.

Yes, It is indeed a superb phone with a fantastic camera - Just one major con- lack of fast charging compared to the present gen phones.
Thanks for the confirmation. I shall go crawl under a rock! Now please tell me that there is a solution for the phone pocket mode to properly work
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 08:58   #32199

Hello guys. I am looking for recommendation on expense tracking app but without giving access to SMS/phone no.(I am ok with access to emails). Almost 95% of my transaction are through credit cards. Need it do the following :
1. Track expense from the credit card statements/emails.
2. Manually add any expense.
3. Payment reminders for my credit cards.
4. Have as iOS counterpart, for my wife to have access/oversee(not priority).

Are app like Axio(previously walnut)/Cred the solution or am i asking too much? My excel sheet expense tracking has become too cumbersome.
Old 25th July 2023, 09:31   #32200
BHPian

Quote:
If I choose the Snapdragon, good old S20 FE at 27K is the starting point. Yet to decide whether to pick it or not. It seems to be still selling due to the chip glut from COVID.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Thanks for the confirmation. I shall go crawl under a rock! Now please tell me that there is a solution for the phone pocket mode to properly work
I would not recommend S20FE even for a cheaper price because the phone doesn't have an actual proximity sensor. It has a virtual one in the screen which gets damaged easily after drop. I had to get screen replacement done to get it fixed.
Old 26th July 2023, 10:22   #32201
BHPian

Any S21 FE user facing poor Screen on Time ?

Upgraded my mothers M30 to S21 FE and the battery just plummets even at idle, i wasn't aware of any battery issues. I did upgrade last night to June/July Patch hoping it resolves the issue but if the battery performance is that bad, will end up changing her phone again.
Old 26th July 2023, 13:02   #32202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
S21 FE user here. Kindly check which apps are using the most battery in the battery usage settings. I get about 4 hours of screen on time which primarily includes Netflix/Prine Video/YouTube. I have turned off NFC, Bixby, Assistant (haven't configured it), and I have also put other less frequently used apps in Deep Sleep mode. It has significantly improved the screen on time. The battery improves after initial use as the device learns about the habits of the user. I have also uninstalled some of the Samsung apps.
NG_EV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 23:21   #32203

Quote:

Upgraded my mothers M30 to S21 FE and the battery just plummets even at idle, i wasn't aware of any battery issues. I did upgrade last night to June/July Patch hoping it resolves the issue but if the battery performance is that bad, will end up changing her phone again.
It seems that after the July update, the battery performance has taken a big hit. Use the phone only on Mobile data, your screen on time would be around 3 hours. It seems that the July update is crippled with some bug. Yes the phone is good however the battery issue has put me off. I might sell this off and get something else.
sayyam.gaur58 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 06:49   #32204
BANNED

Quote:
Enable battery saver mode. There is a toggle on the status bar drop-down.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 18:36   #32205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayyam.gaur58 View Post
It seems that after the July update, the battery performance has taken a big hit. Use the phone only on Mobile data, your screen on time would be around 3 hours. It seems that the July update is crippled with some bug. Yes the phone is good however the battery issue has put me off. I might sell this off and get something else.
Yes thats what my mother was saying as she frequents outstation trips it is essential to keep the mobile internet on, the phone earlier was on March patch and she was still facing the issue that's the reason i updated to July Patch.
revvharder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks