Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2023, 19:41   #32281
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Downloaded & installed Android 14 on my Pixel 6A. Few notable features compared to Android 13.
Agree. We need to read the release notes

On a serious note, Seems like this is more of a security thing than feature list or may be google intends to rollout something in future .
Old 7th October 2023, 04:00   #32282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayyam.gaur58 View Post
Anybody else facing this? Even the overnight battery drain is about 20%. I might just sell this off reluctantly.
It makes no sense whatsoever to sell a phone thats just 6 moths old. You paid for the phone and it comes with a manufacturer warranty. Use it. It could be a case of premature battery wear.

I had faced a similar issue and reported it here. Different brand. In my case it was Instagram causing rapid battery drain. I uninstalled the App and lived without it for a few days and it sort of semi helped. I reinstalled the App, the problem continued for the short term and then gradually went away. Its been a year or so since I reported the issue. My phone battery life is back to normal.

To be frank, I have no idea what triggered the battery drain issue and how it fixed itself. Some random update to some sub system within Android must have caused it. Instagram was also doing some damage.

There is no point in replacing the phone so early into its life. There are no guarantees that your new device isn't going to suffer the same issue in a similar time frame.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 7th October 2023 at 04:06.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 07:00   #32283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayyam.gaur58 View Post
Hi All, thanks for the inputs. I have tried all the suggestions, it's still the same. I might sell this off as it's very frustrating. Getting worse day by day.
S21 FE is having SD 888 chipset IIRC. Avoid 888 and 8 Gen 1 phones. These are done in Samsung Foundry and Quallcomm went back to TSMC right after. Chipset and battery life will anyway be less due poor thermals.

I agree that you sell it and buy something else. Mistakes happen. No point in living with one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
@guys, I am looking for a replacement for my S20FE 5G and looking at the Amazon and Flipkart upcoming sales.

If anyone comes across a great deal, do share here for the benefit of the community!
11R or Pixel 7. Both should be around 40K and offer everything one should need. Pixel is not for gamers and 11R is not for camera freaks.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th October 2023 at 09:35. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 15:12   #32284
Senior - BHPian

Picked up a Samsung S22 Ultra 12Gb/256Gb in Burgundy through the Amazon Great India sale today at a net price of Rs. 65,999/- (on Interest free EMI on SBI Credit card of Rs. 7333.22 x 9 months). It's a upgrade for my 3 year old Note 10 Plus which I am selling to a local dealer for 18k. So net effective price of this S22 Ultra after exchange is Rs. 48,000/-.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-20231007_151509.jpg

Pretty great deal on the last year's flagship I would say.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 7th October 2023 at 15:17.
dkaile is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 15:14   #32285
Distinguished - BHPian

Pixel 7a is now at 36k on flipkart, but only the Disgusting Orange (Google calls it coral ) variant.

Probably most people cover with a case anyway. but I like the colour of my current phone so use a transparent back cover.

I so wish I could get a nice 16:9-display, compact phone instead of this thin, newspaper-column format, which I am not looking forward to, but I suppose I'll get accustomed to it.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 02:27   #32286
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Pixel 7a is now at 36k on flipkart, but only the Disgusting Orange (Google calls it coral ) variant.

Probably most people cover with a case anyway. but I like the colour of my current phone so use a transparent back cover.

I so wish I could get a nice 16:9-display, compact phone instead of this thin, newspaper-column format, which I am not looking forward to, but I suppose I'll get accustomed to it.
These Tensor chipsets on Pixels are basically equivalent to Exynos on Samsungs. Bad heat machines. So please avoid them.

For that budget, you can get the Oneplus 11R, which in my opinion would serve you much better.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 11:19   #32287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
These Tensor chipsets on Pixels are basically equivalent to Exynos on Samsungs. Bad heat machines. So please avoid them.
Have been using a Pixel 7 for 9 months now and havent had any issues w/r/t heating when charging or during normal daily use. I dont game on the phone, so dont have any inputs on heating when gaming. Before P7, I was using a Pixel 3 and that did have heating issues when fast charging and while extended usage of camera.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 12:07   #32288
BHPian

Pixel 8 seems like the kind of phone that I'd wait till it drops in price to around 40K before I even think of buying.
Preferably by the time Pixel 9 comes in and there's a stock clearance.
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 19:24   #32289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Agree. We need to read the release notes

On a serious note, Seems like this is more of a security thing than feature list or may be google intends to rollout something in future .
True. It seemed like a Security update rather than a Android update
Old 8th October 2023, 21:09   #32290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Here you go: 256gb version

(crossposted: it's old news now!)
256gb available only on Pixel 8 and not Pixel 8 pro.
Old 8th October 2023, 21:32   #32291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Bought the Edge 40 for my wife, she's been using it since 3 weeks and is pretty happy with it.......
How is the Edge 40 holding up?
Any issues that you encountered?
Battery backup lasts for a day for average usage?
Your feedback will help me decide between this phone and pixel 7
Old 8th October 2023, 22:50   #32292
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 115 View Post
How is the Edge 40 holding up?
Any issues that you encountered?
Battery backup lasts for a day for average usage?
Your feedback will help me decide between this phone and pixel 7
The biggest issue is that accessories are hard to find for Moto phones in general. And no, it's not an all-day battery. If that's the priority, then you'd be better off picking up the Oneplus Nord CE 3 in that budget.

Also, I'd prefer the Oneplus 11R more than the Pixel 7. It looks stunning in the new red color.
Oxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 00:16   #32293
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
S21 FE is having SD 888 chipset IIRC. Avoid 888 and 8 Gen 1 phones. These are done in Samsung Foundry and Quallcomm went back to TSMC right after. Chipset and battery life will anyway be less due poor thermals.
The SD 888 variant of S21 FE was introduced in India only in July this year. Good chance that Sayyam is using the original gen 1 variant with the Exynos processor. Sitting on the fence for swapping my nearly 4 year old OnePlus 7 for the S21 FE.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 00:34   #32294

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
The SD 888 variant of S21 FE was introduced in India only in July this year. Good chance that Sayyam is using the original gen 1 variant with the Exynos processor. Sitting on the fence for swapping my nearly 4 year old OnePlus 7 for the S21 FE.
Hi Manson,

Indeed I'm using exynos variant. I went to the service centre as well, they said that the battery is fine. I won't suggest the exynos variant to anyone who uses the phone for work calls, social media consumption etc. It's a brilliant phone sans the battery life. Please go for the snapdragon version, you will get a better battery life, better camera processing as well as better day to day performance.
Old 9th October 2023, 01:46   #32295

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
It makes no sense whatsoever to sell a phone thats just 6 moths old. You paid for the phone and it comes with a manufacturer warranty. Use it. It could be a case of premature battery wear.

I had faced a similar issue and reported it here. Different brand. In my case it was Instagram causing rapid battery drain. I uninstalled the App and lived without it for a few days and it sort of semi helped. I reinstalled the App, the problem continued for the short term and then gradually went away. Its been a year or so since I reported the issue. My phone battery life is back to normal.

To be frank, I have no idea what triggered the battery drain issue and how it fixed itself. Some random update to some sub system within Android must have caused it. Instagram was also doing some damage.

There is no point in replacing the phone so early into its life. There are no guarantees that your new device isn't going to suffer the same issue in a similar time frame.
Hi Sandeep,

Sorry missed your post. I agree that 6 months is way too short to change any phone, however this phone is plagued with battery issues. I wish our laws were as strong as Europe otherwise I would have sued Samsung for using this exynos processor ever again! I went to the service centre and they said that the battery is fine. See below, I just can't just get any battery life.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20231009_004344_device-care.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks