Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2023, 06:08   #32206
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
I have also uninstalled some of the Samsung apps.
On my A52 am unable to uninstall any samsung apps.
How did you uninstall the samsung apps?
Old 28th July 2023, 06:38   #32207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Spent some time yesterday in GSM arena and talking to friends corroborate the above. From the chipset perspective it seems Samsung is using Qualcomm only for S series which is its flagship. All Galaxy A, M, F models are using Exynos. FE is offered in both Exynos and Qualcomm at different price range in some models.

So Exynos is the option for budget phones. It is a bit disappointing. If I choose the Snapdragon, good old S20 FE at 27K is the starting point. Yet to decide whether to pick it or not. It seems to be still selling due to the chip glut from COVID.
I have been using an S21 Ultra with Exynos 2100 processor for the past 30 months almost, I do not find any significant heating/slowing down issues. Of course I am not a gamer as such but for a casual user, any decent processor should be fine. As a future upgrade in a Samsung, I'd be willing to go with whatever they have.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 28th July 2023 at 06:39.
fhdowntheline is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 11:29   #32208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
On my A52 am unable to uninstall any samsung apps.
How did you uninstall the samsung apps?
It gives option to directly uninstall like any other app. Some apps like My Galaxy cannot be uninstalled. Those I have disabled.
Old 29th July 2023, 07:18   #32209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
It gives option to directly uninstall like any other app. Some apps like My Galaxy cannot be uninstalled. Those I have disabled.
May be, S series allows, uninstallation of samsung apps. The A series device, I have does NOT provide uninstall of any samsung apps.
Old 1st August 2023, 17:54   #32210
BHPian

My 2 year old Pixel 4a works like a charm for me, but the battery life appears waning. I need to charge it twice to get through the day and I am not a heavy user at that.
Anyone has experience with having the battery replaced? Is it possible and if yes is it worth it?
Old 1st August 2023, 18:18   #32211
Distinguished - BHPian

Any users of Pixel 7a here? Could you please share your experience with the phone, especially the heating issues reporting in reviews?

I had given this phone a pass but recently clicked some pictures on a 3a and have become hooked again. Looking for a good camera phone and will think of keeping a secondary phone if Pixels have heating issues during extensive use.
Old 1st August 2023, 19:37   #32212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
Anyone has experience with having the battery replaced? Is it possible and if yes is it worth it?
I heard that Google has partnered with iFixit and supplying genuine parts to them. You can consider ordering the battery from iFixit. Officially sold Google phones are also supported by some third party service agency in India which is authorized by Google. I don't have personal experience with either of them.

One thing which frustrates me is the whole world is being forced to move onto battery powered products and all the companies have made a policy of turning their products useless once the factory fitted batteries are dead. And aftermarket replacement batteries are kind of garbage in most cases. So the consumers are forced to buy new products just because of the kaput battery which is hard to replace.
tbppjpr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 10:16   #32213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Any users of Pixel 7a here? Could you please share your experience with the phone, especially the heating issues reporting in reviews?
I am interested to get Pixel for its camera, but I do not see any option other than 128 GB which is very less for me.

Yes, heating issue and less battery backup are widely reported. Other than that, it seems to be a very good phone.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 10:41   #32214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I am interested to get Pixel for its camera, but I do not see any option other than 128 GB which is very less for me.
Google devices give complimentary access to Google cloud for data backup. That should take some care of the space needs.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 11:47   #32215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Google devices give complimentary access to Google cloud for data backup. That should take some care of the space needs.
The complementary access to google drive is stopped long ago. The last pixel device with unlimited high quality photo upload is Pixel 5. The later pixel devices do not have the unlimited photo storage anymore.
ani_meher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 14:56   #32216
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a phone for my son with a 20K budget. Requirements are large display, battery and long term support. The Samsung M34 seems to fit my requirements. Any other decent options in this price range ?
Old 2nd August 2023, 15:42   #32217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Yes, this bothers me too. Only 128GB, no memory card, and only one physical sim.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 17:40   #32218
BHPian

Any feedback on the Motorola Edge 40?

https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/motorola-...ZJHTB&_appId=C

Looks like a sensible mid-range phone. Looking at it as a possible replacement for my Pixel 4a if it's battery issue worsens (see my earlier post #32210 (Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods))
Old 2nd August 2023, 18:41   #32219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
Any feedback on the Motorola Edge 40?

https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/motorola-...ZJHTB&_appId=C

Looks like a sensible mid-range phone. Looking at it as a possible replacement for my Pixel 4a if it's battery issue worsens (see my earlier post #32210 (Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods))

I was planning to buy the same but dropped it due to below reasons (nothing spec related)
1) Scratch prone screen
2) No proper high quality screen guard or case available

I keep my phone for 3-4 years and above points are important

Otherwise phone looks pretty solid for the price.

Last edited by Latheesh : 2nd August 2023 at 18:49.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 01:59   #32220
BHPian

Is the Pixel 6A still relevant today? I can get one for 18K. Sounds like a good deal to me, but since the Pixel 7 series is around, does the 6A make sense?

PS: This will be a secondary mobile and replace a Moto edge 20 (which hasn't received the Android 13 update yet). My primary phone is an iPhone 13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks