Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2024, 15:15   #32386
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

But I am not in the mood to spend over 50k for any phone lol!

I really liked the s23/24 in my hands. Smaller than even my pixel 3a!
Just pickup the S23 with the no-cost EMI hack I mentioned earlier. The 128gb should come to ~50k and if you get someone with a Samsung account to refer you, you can get an additional ~3k off. PM me if you need one !
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 16:33   #32387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Just pickup the S23 with the no-cost EMI hack I mentioned earlier. The 128gb should come to ~50k and if you get someone with a Samsung account to refer you, you can get an additional ~3k off. PM me if you need one !
These stupid offers are only on HDFC cards which I don’t use lol!

256 is the way to go because it uses faster storage vs the 128! FYI for anyone interested.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 19:15   #32388
BHPian

Guys, those of you who have a corporate email ID, login to Samsung corporate and get the additional benefits vs regular account:
1. 10k instant off on HDFC for the S23/24 series
2. Accidental damage protection for free
lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 09:57   #32389
Senior - BHPian

Oneplus 12 and 12R launched in India.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-20240124_095505.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-20240124_095640.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 13:49   #32390
BHPian

In case I factory reset my phone (s22 ultra), will the back up have the esim details or will I have to undergo the entire process again?
My front camera stopped working since an update end of October & this seems to be the last option available before heading to a service centre
Old 24th January 2024, 16:38   #32391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_blue View Post
In case I factory reset my phone (s22 ultra), will the back up have the esim details or will I have to undergo the entire process again?
I think it depends on the mobile. In many mobile phones, factory reset does not delete the eSIM details. If it does in your phone, you have no other option but to reach out to your service provider and ask them to help you recover your eSIM.
Small Bot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 13:29   #32392
Senior - BHPian

Even Samsung head not happy with lack of innovation in S24
https://www.sammyfans.com/2024/01/24...er-innovation/

Very rightly so. Samsung has given up the premium phone space to Apple it seems. They are shamelessly copying even iPhone form factor and design language.
Not that Apple is doing any major innovation, but they are atleast trying.
Like the PC industry customers should not expect any path breaking innovations in smartphone industry going forward.

Last edited by vb-saan : 25th January 2024 at 13:49. Reason: typo
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 15:00   #32393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Even Samsung head not happy with lack of innovation in S24
https://www.sammyfans.com/2024/01/24...er-innovation/
This only makes me feel even better that I chose to go for the S23 instead of the S24.
Old 29th January 2024, 09:18   #32394
BHPian

So Samsung has been delaying delivery of my S23 without any update.

When I finally called customer support today, they said that the Lavender one went out of stock just after I placed the order. So they do not know the fresh ETA as they are waiting for the phone to come back in stock. I found that weird as the portal currently shows it IS in stock now.

I asked if the address could be changed if the delay is beyond a specific date, and they said that security considerations would not allow them to. When I retorted that their security considerations would go for a toss if there's nobody to receive the phone after a particular date, they changed their tune and said they'll check.

Kind of shoddy, Samsung's customer support. At least in this instance. But I'm not going to give up on a genuinely good phone because of that.

Last edited by Small Bot : 29th January 2024 at 09:30.
Old 29th January 2024, 10:11   #32395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
So Samsung has been delaying delivery of my S23 without any update.
It had happened to me in Oct'23.

I placed an order for S21FE888 for a family member, it was showing delivery date of next day. Even in the order confirmation email it was mentioned "Priority Delivery: By Sat, Oct 14, 2023". But it went out of stock soon after I placed order.

Nothing (customer care, tweets, complaints) worked and the order I placed on 13th Oct got delivered after 13 days on 26th Oct. I guess Friday the 13th hit my order and things went beyond control for Samsung and me.

BTW, it was Samsung corporate website order. I think they need to improve their inventory/order management system and accept orders for only products they have in stock or confirmed date of their stock arrival and give delivery estimate accordingly.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 20:51   #32396
BHPian

Had prebooked the S24 Ultra (VIP pass) on Samsung Corporate Site. Currently using S23 Ultra. Post the launch, really felt the S24 Ultra to be underwhelming compared to its previous gen, except the 'AI' specific functions. Now that those AI specfic functionalities have been announced for S23 Ultra, about time to cancel the pre booking!
xotiq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 05:27   #32397

Shifted from ios to android after 8 years. I think apple has stopped innovating .bought a s24 ultra and was quite impressed by the screen which was far better than my 15 pro max . Also I felt cameras are better and as such android allows more flexibility AI is good and not gimmick. Took a picture of full moon with my new phone
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-20240127_134124.jpg  

Docmukul is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 08:52   #32398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docmukul View Post
Shifted from ios to android after 8 years. I think apple has stopped innovating .bought a s24 ultra and was quite impressed by the screen which was far better than my 15 pro max . Also I felt cameras are better and as such android allows more flexibility AI is good and not gimmick. Took a picture of full moon with my new phone
I had used Iphone once in the past for about 2 months, could not stand the boxed software architecture. Altough they have come a long way from that, lately they have been more on a software path, pushing OS updates (many ideas of which are picked up from android), selling Icloud subscription & keeping innovation on backfoot. I won't blame them fully, hardware has reached its peak, things companies are offering now are enhancements, 1TB storage instead of 256 GB, Zeiss Camera instead of normal one etc.,

All things said, welcome to the open world of Android
montsa007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 09:21   #32399
BHPian

Quote:
These have been posted here before IIRC.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/13/2...-s21-s23-ultra

https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/15/2...uage-blog-post

Samsung cheats!
dragonfire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 09:42   #32400
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
bought a s24 ultra and was quite impressed by the screen which was far better than my 15 pro max.
When it comes to phone display, Samsung goes for "what looks pleasing to the eye" versus realism. Majority of users find bright and vivid colours more pleasing than more natural/subtle colors. That's the only reason Samsung screen looks better than iphone screen. But this is just software settings rather than hardware. In Samsung display settings, you can always opt for iphone-like natural display

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20240201_093854_settings.jpg

In an iPhone, you can replicate Samsung's vivid display by going to: Settings -> Accessibility -> Display & Text size and fooling around with the options there, especially color filters.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-whatsapp-image-20240201-09.58.17_0922e55a.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
These have been posted here before IIRC.
Samsung cheats!
However, I'm with Samsung on this that it is NOT a fake AI image. Just processed using software. We can say it is not fake because the dark spots are all there & exactly at the same places. But it is just more prominent. If we start calling this fake, then "night mode" in all smartphones can be classified as fake too. Take this pic for example:

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-20240129_191233.jpg

Now I can assure it did not look like this to my eyes. The blue light of the aquarium is all over the place, and the yellow street lamp is unusually bright too. So instead of calling photos real vs fake, we should be calling it real/natural vs highly processed

Last edited by SmartCat : 1st February 2024 at 12:01.
SmartCat is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks