Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2017, 21:50   #26191
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,

My brother needs a new phone. He is an internet entrepreneur, a proper power user, and is very tough on his phones (drops them regularly). What phone do you guys recommend out of the current crop? I was looking at the one plus 5 slate gray 64 gb. Comes with a no cost emi which is important for him from a cash flow perspective. Are there any other phones we ought to look into?

Have to buy one asap... He is phoneless at the moment.

I have a moto z play since the start if the year and I have been very happy with it. But I see it has been replaced and the new one doesn't seem as good (poorer battery which was the reason the older one I have did so well).

Stuff like the pixel etc are too expensive. Looking at something within the 30k basket.

Last edited by Red Liner : 25th August 2017 at 21:52.
Old 25th August 2017, 22:22   #26192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hey guys,

My brother needs a new phone. He is an internet entrepreneur, a proper power user, and is very tough on his phones (drops them regularly). What phone do you guys recommend out of the current crop? I was looking at the one plus 5 slate gray 64 gb. Comes with a no cost emi which is important for him from a cash flow perspective. Are there any other phones we ought to look into?

Get the Oneplus 5, and shove it in a fat case, like urban armor gear or otterbox defender.
Old 26th August 2017, 00:01   #26193
A M
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
My brother needs a new phone.
Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro could be a contender. Doesn't have a dual camera setup though but has 6GB/64GB, 4000MAh battery and AMOLED display. So if camera is not a priority, this can be given a thought.

Last edited by ampere : 1st September 2017 at 18:38. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 26th August 2017, 01:23   #26194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Get the Oneplus 5, and shove it in a fat case, like urban armor gear or otterbox defender.

Agreed. This is the best option. Also include a proper tempered glass and not those cheap ones.
Old 26th August 2017, 08:47   #26195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Agreed. This is the best option. Also include a proper tempered glass and not those cheap ones.
What tempered glass do you suggest? I plan to fit the otterbox case that comes built for the 5, which does not take the 3d glass made by one+. I have a nillikin on my moto and have been quite happy with it.

The phone arrives tomorrow! Many thanks karan and govigov.
Old 26th August 2017, 09:43   #26196
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

I have a moto z play since the start if the year and I have been very happy with it. But I see it has been replaced and the new one doesn't seem as good (poorer battery which was the reason the older one I have did so well).

Stuff like the pixel etc are too expensive. Looking at something within the 30k basket.
Not sure if you already ordered one plus 5, Moto x force is a good one. Not sure if it's in sale, but my brother has it. It's shatterproof screen and solid. You can use it without any screen protector or case.
Old 26th August 2017, 10:24   #26197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

LG G6? Seeing paper ads for it at 39k.
Old 26th August 2017, 14:53   #26198
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

I would go for the Honor 8pro. Great for all you need. It's around 30k
Old 26th August 2017, 20:47   #26199
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Oneplus 5 is highly recommended. 6GB variant and no cost emi is a good offer. Nothing in the same bracket comes close.
Old 29th August 2017, 09:59   #26200
BHPian

Getting some amazing battery life on the S8+. 5.5 hours screen in time over almost 3 days.
Atleast 2 hours more than my s7 edge in the same usage pattern.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1503980873522.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1503980889554.jpg  

Old 29th August 2017, 10:06   #26201
Senior - BHPian

Doogee Mix seems interesting especially after being vouched by MKBHD in today's video. And at just 11k for the 6GB/64GB version with dual cameras - Doogee Mix mobile phone 4G LTE 5.5" bezel-less HD Helio P25 Octa Core 4GB/6GB 64GB Android 7.0 Dual Rear camera 16MP Smartphone
http://s.aliexpress.com/zUrqQVJZ

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 29th August 2017 at 10:20.
Old 1st September 2017, 16:21   #26202
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

My brother needs a new phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
I have the same combo - One Plus 5 with Otterbox cover - for the last 2 months. Bought the phone on launch and ordered Otterbox cover from the otter asia website since Oneplus India ran out of stock. Excellent phone , the otter cover makes it bulky though.
Old 1st September 2017, 16:49   #26203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post
I have the same combo - One Plus 5 with Otterbox cover - for the last 2 months. Bought the phone on launch and ordered Otterbox cover from the otter asia website since Oneplus India ran out of stock. Excellent phone , the otter cover makes it bulky though.
We got the oneplus5, and i installed the spigen neo hybrid case that was just launched on amazon. Very sleek case with really nice protection. I am waiting for the nillkin tempered glass now. Some of the other cases dont go well with the 3d tempered glasses that wrap all the way around, the nillkin leaves out a bit of the edges therefore.

I use one on my moto z play and have been happy, so just got one from the same brand for the 1+5.
Old 2nd September 2017, 19:32   #26204
Distinguished - BHPian

This looks great! I really like the wide angle+normal camera setup, good they carried it forward. Also nice to see that dual screen thing disappear.

Pricing predictions?
Old 2nd September 2017, 21:01   #26205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
This looks great! I really like the wide angle+normal camera setup
Thats cool.

I am curious to know if there is any camera phone available which is capable of capturing bit of zoomed in or normal focal length (50mm-75mm or more)?

One relative has such requirement for indoor clicks of seminars etc in the auditoriums and from 10-15 seats far away.

Budget is also constraint, mid-ranger preferred.

Most Viewed