Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 17:01   #11041
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Manufacturer Warranty not required - 6 month Dealer warranty
noooooooooooooooooooo.

Unless you know the dealer personally, this can be a darned pain. Buy the Indian version if you must. Warranty = peace of mind.
Old 29th August 2012, 18:11   #11042
Distinguished - BHPian

Any Bangalore based Android ninja here?

I tried rooting my defy and it ended in a lot of pain. The root didn't work, my primary microphone went kaput, and now I can only converse if I put people on speaker (and I use the secondary microphone!).

I need some help from anyone who can take my phone and get it up and running. Am sitting out of Indiranagar/Banaswadi, but can head to wherever to get this brick fixed (no, its not bricked...yet!).
Old 29th August 2012, 18:40   #11043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I need some help from anyone who can take my phone and get it up and running. Am sitting out of Indiranagar/Banaswadi, but can head to wherever to get this brick fixed (no, its not bricked...yet!).
Erase your data and hand it off to any cell repair shop.. they have such guys (BB / Android / iPhone ... "experts") on speed dial.
Old 29th August 2012, 20:02   #11044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran
Thanks to all for helping me out with making a decision on my next phone...
Sir, you could have considered the Sony Xperia S as well. It is available for 27k with warranty. It would have checked all the right boxes.
Old 29th August 2012, 21:55   #11045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanprash View Post

Sir, you could have considered the Sony Xperia S as well. It is available for 27k with warranty. It would have checked all the right boxes.
Sirji, he already bought. Let him enjoy now :-)
Old 29th August 2012, 22:48   #11046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I tried rooting my defy and it ended in a lot of pain. The root didn't work, my primary microphone went kaput, and now I can only converse if I put people on speaker (and I use the secondary microphone!).

What method did you try using?

What is your Android version, DFP and BL? You can get all this info in Settings->About Phone. If it is 2.3.6, BL7, DFP-231 then only ONE method will work and this is it - DFP-188, DFP-231, DFP-2311 BL7 Finally Rooted - xda-developers

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
noooooooooooooooooooo.

Unless you know the dealer personally, this can be a darned pain. Buy the Indian version if you must. Warranty = peace of mind.
I agree. Its not a good idea to buy dealer warranty phones online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
Oh No! I just got my Motorola Defy Plus two days back!
Don't worry. Service centers are here and even if they close, there are outsourced ones. For the record, Motorola anyway was using a third party service provider.
Old 29th August 2012, 23:21   #11047
Distinguished - BHPian

OT
Go to settings, about phone, and tap android version 7-8 times.
(The world wont end, don't worry. )
Old 30th August 2012, 00:23   #11048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Red Liner,

Firstly, here - have a glass of water. Take a deep breath, exhale.

Now - tell us the steps you followed, the software you used, the OS software you are running, the defy you have (red/green lens / +), the error codes you got, any screenshots you have.

Just describing the symptom will not help. This is the first time I am hearing of any such issue. Let's put our heads on this.

On a side note - Have you spoken to rachit2588 on xda? Here is his thread: [Q] DEFY problem : Mic only works properly in speakerphone - xda-developers

Since he is now happily running the CM10 and suchlike, I am hopeful that his problem is resolved. He may be able to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
dear athani,

here is the "poor" dev support of defy

Last edited by phamilyman : 30th August 2012 at 00:25.
Old 30th August 2012, 00:33   #11049
BANNED

I need help from existing Galaxy Note users.

I bought 32gb memory card (SDHC) and installed in the phone. The settings section is showing the SD card being mounted. But I am not able to browse the content of card.
I connected the phone to PC and transferred few music files. The Mobo player didn't find the media files I had in SD. (I created a folder "Music" and then transferred the songs).
Could anybody tell me the file path for the SD card. I could see /mnt/sdcard and /sdcard paths in astro but they are showing internal memory contents.

EDIT: Got it. It's at location /sdcard/external_sd or /mnt//sdcard/external_sd. They should have provided windows "My Computer" like look.

Last edited by ottocycle : 30th August 2012 at 00:48.
Old 30th August 2012, 00:42   #11050
BHPian

The path will be /mnt/sdcard/external_sd by default.

Did you try formatting the card in the phone before you started using it?
Old 30th August 2012, 00:51   #11051
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
The path will be /mnt/sdcard/external_sd by default.

Did you try formatting the card in the phone before you started using it?
Thanks for the answer. Yes, I did format the card. I also did unmount followed by mount in the settings. Also, thanks for suggesting the memory card ebay seller. The service was really good. Costed me 1760/- including delivery charges.
Old 30th August 2012, 01:20   #11052
Senior - BHPian

Galaxy Note II showed up at IFA today. Pretty good specs.

- Exynos 4
- 5.5" HD Super AMOLED
- Revised S-Pen
- Jelly Bean

Samsung Galaxy Note II: hands-on with the new S Pen-toting phablet (video) -- Engadget

Additionally Samsung also launched a Galaxy Camera. Yes a Android toting camera with Jelly Bean.

- 4.8" Screen
- 21x Zoom, f/2.8-5.9, 23-480mm lens
-Wifi, 3G, 4G
- 16 MP
and then some more.

Samsung announces EK-GC100 Galaxy Camera with Android Jelly Bean, massive 4.8-inch display, 21x zoom, WiFi and 4G connectivity (hands-on) -- Engadget

Felt like a weird moment when a camera gets a Jelly Bean while S3 doesn't have one.

Exciting times ahead
Old 30th August 2012, 01:32   #11053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle
Galaxy Note II showed up at IFA today. Pretty good specs.

- Exynos 4
- 5.5" HD Super AMOLED
- Revised S-Pen
- Jelly Bean
Except for the 2 gb of ram and the quad core processor, things seem to be bad. IMHO 2 gb of ram is not needed. The display has lesser pixels and is bigger. This will highly affect pixel density. I was expecting a full hd screen. Price may be 40k. Already S3 is giving tough competition to platina and splendor.
Old 30th August 2012, 02:41   #11054
BHPian

Hi all, want to move from symbian to android, my first, so small steps, thinking of karbon A18,
any feedback will be much appreciated.

Why karbon, i agree, not much into samsung as open back panel and they look cheap except S3 or present launches are nice design, more apple like.
Btw Sony should get a lady design chief.
Old 30th August 2012, 02:46   #11055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanprash View Post
Except for the 2 gb of ram and the quad core processor, things seem to be bad. IMHO 2 gb of ram is not needed. The display has lesser pixels and is bigger. This will highly affect pixel density. I was expecting a full hd screen. Price may be 40k. Already S3 is giving tough competition to platina and splendor.
Just like Galaxy Note 10.1, this will have a plethora of S-Pen friendly app. I am sure the display will be just as good as previous one even though it has a little less resolution.

I wonder why 2GB of RAM is not needed? Is will make everything more fluent and with JB's 60fps, it will be much better. Also those 2GB will definitely be useful when multitasking using S-Pen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks