Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2012, 14:27   #9991
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
update:-

My phone is back after warranty mother board replacement. Was loaded with stock 4.0.3 ICS(Galaxy note that is).

Went back and loaded CM9 RC1.

My feedback:-

Now CM9 is what ICS is all about. It is 4.0.4.

Goods:-
Very light
Minimal apps
Highly Snappy.
Very fast.
Can run the system @1.4

Greats:-
A huge array of customization
- Home screen
- Status bar
- Notification(can have their own colors)
- Boot animation is kick a**
- Lock screen customization
- What is lag?(lagless ness rather)
- Apollo player
- Rooted and comes with some dev tools
- Settings is like buying a new camera and trying to figure the various menu options. Just so much fun.

All i can say is if you want to know what ICS is give CM9 a try. I am not going back to any samsung ROM anytime soon.
Could you please help me with the steps please?
I am on rooted stock 4.0.3.
Old 6th July 2012, 15:45   #9992
LDJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I am using a Defy + for almost 3 months now and except the phone lag during connected to Mains charger i have not faced any issues. I get an amazing battery life. easily 1.5 days with EDGE + calls.

Coming to Defy + vs Defy XT. AFAIK the primary difference is the front facing camera. in terms of RAM, battery, Processor etc both phones are exactly identical. So if you need a front facing camera, I would advise you go ahead with the XT else Plus. I am not sure of its current asking price for both.

Regards,
Thanks for the update! Good to hear Defy plus hasn't given you any reboot problems for you.

The front camera is not really a deal breaker & Defy plus is available for 13k so ie 1.6k lesser than XT.

Any idea if the UI on both phones behave the same or different, as in ease of use etc. ?
Old 6th July 2012, 16:43   #9993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
HOX at 29k!!! When/where was that? Thats unbelievable price for that phone.
It was from homeshop18 super deals http://www.homeshop18.asia - just happened to be browsing the day before and saw it coming up at 12 noon the next day. It initially didn't show the price but the next day it showed 29k and I snapped it. I still cant really find it cheaper than 34k from other reputable stores. So hell yeah I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
OneX at 29K? Looks like a very tempting deal!! I will wait for some more months...because OneX configuration is noway going to start its trip towards being obsolete in the near future. And yes, I have that repulsion from S3, generally all Samsung phones... so OneX is still the phone to get.
It is an awesome phone, the build quality is superb and its very fast. I did play around with the S3 as well, but waaaaaaaaaay too plasticky for my liking. Plus at this price I really couldnt resist it. Only been using it for a day or 2 but yeah I would highly recommend it. Don't think the price is gonna come down much in the next few months though - for example the note is old but still ~30k and SGS2 even older at ~26k.

----
BTW keep an eye on homeshop18.asia as some of their prices are fantastic. Today there is a HTC One V going for less than 15k.

Cheers.
Old 6th July 2012, 19:42   #9994
BHPian

Dear Defy owners,
After a really long time Epsylon has finally released a ICS build supporting full HWA..
Will check & install it when I can.

Just a heads up.
Old 6th July 2012, 22:18   #9995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
BTW keep an eye on homeshop18.asia as some of their prices are fantastic. Today there is a HTC One V going for less than 15k.
There's a superdeal coming up on the Galaxy Note at noon on Sunday. Price not announced yet.
Old 7th July 2012, 00:07   #9996
Distinguished - BHPian

Any suggestions on a good application that can allow me to lock my gallery on my Samsung Galaxy s2? Its kind of irritating to see some people borrowing your phone to check it out and then start browsing through your gallery.
Old 7th July 2012, 00:11   #9997
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg
Any suggestions on a good application that can allow me to lock my gallery on my Samsung Galaxy s2? Its kind of irritating to see some people borrowing your phone to check it out and then start browsing through your gallery.
Oh yea. I'll also appreciate something like this.
Tried a few apps, but they just lock some folders.
Old 7th July 2012, 02:57   #9998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Same here, Another Pain is, when they take your phone, next thing they do is give a missed call on their phone, so if you are not available on your primary number they can start giving you repeated calls on your phone/tablet until you get back to them or answer it to troubleshoot a pc/mobile related issue which you don't even want to.

And tolerate nasty comments You are a android/power pc user, you must be knowing this, blah blah, and sometimes irritating question why Nokia 1100 cannot block calls, I feel like smashing my phone on their head instead.
I am so fed up that I sometimes rudely Deny Access to my Android or don't carry it if I am visiting a place prone to such friends.

Why can't these kinda people let someone have little privacy ??????
Old 7th July 2012, 10:08   #9999
BHPian

Quote:
Try this one.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bG9ja2xpdGUiXQ..
Old 7th July 2012, 16:09   #10000
BHPian

Quote:
I use this app called 'Vault' . Using this, you can hide photos, SMS and videos. You can protect your vault using a password and even hide the vault app from appearing in your app drawer. The photos, videos etc that you hide in the vault do not appear in the gallery or the sms window once you put them in your vault.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ZXRxaW4ucHMiXQ..
Old 7th July 2012, 17:37   #10001
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
So profile switching happens automatically based on cell location (no gps needed) and wifi, bt etc are also managed automatically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Llama is simply the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
You guys can give Tasker a shot. It's a bit complicated to use but it's about more than just profile switching. You're only limited by your imagination!

After some days of using, really love it!
@Athani, I think even llama is pretty much the same as Tasker, Its also much more than
profile switching.

Last edited by GTO : 9th July 2012 at 15:33. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 7th July 2012, 17:56   #10002
Senior - BHPian

Finally I took a bite on the android with Ice Cream Sandwich. Its the HTC Desire V black. Launched just last month and not available everywhere (eg.croma). In one word: I am very happy right from the feel, form, functioning, butter smooth applications and the large screen. Its reviewed to be the best dual SIM phone available in India loaded with features. Only drawback= its dual SIM standby, not active. Its ok with me as far as my usage is concerned.

Address book transfer from my blackberry was always a pain with my previous upgrade too (vivaz) but here I found an application 'Transfer' and all my 400+ contacts were moved via bluetooth in less than a minute. What a happy person I should be ! My previous phone took almost half a day to do the same (manually typing half of the book).

Overall, love the quality and features. I will update more on the user experience within a week. Ok finally, the deal was with Mobile store for 21k with a 8GB card. I always cross check 3 or 4 lowest options but Mobile store guys have given me the best since 5 years. My previous phones (BB & Vivaz) were bought from them too. Vivaz was brought home by a sales guy with the swiping machine & a tata wifi phone That was the first hand experience of buying at the comfort of home for me. This time, I went to the store just for a change !!

And for the slip in covers, Croma is the place to be. I got a perfect one from Kingcom brand, just 150 Rs. Bang for the buck, looks premium.

Last edited by shajufx : 7th July 2012 at 17:59.
Old 7th July 2012, 21:24   #10003
BHPian

Stumbled upon this.possibly the best VFM android in the <15k range.

Buy Online Acer Liquid Metal S120 - Price, Reviews, Specifications, Features, Ratings, Compare, Photos, Videos, Deals, Discounts, Online In India Maniacstore.com
Old 7th July 2012, 21:31   #10004
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Address book transfer from my blackberry was always a pain with my previous upgrade too (vivaz) but here I found an application 'Transfer' and all my 400+ contacts were moved via bluetooth in less than a minute. What a happy person I should be ! My previous phone took almost half a day to do the same (manually typing half of the book).

You should sync address/contacts with online mails like Google. In that case,
even if you change phone, all you have to do is re-sync the new phone with Google and all is good to go.
Old 7th July 2012, 23:23   #10005
BHPian

Has HTC Sensation XL been updated to ICS yet ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks