Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2014, 15:07   #18976
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Quoting the below two posts of myavu and DCElite with the Links
This was discussed left and right in several forums and settled long time back that its only a MiCloud service similar to Google's iDrive or Dropbox and this can be user enabled or disabled. If a company does it purposefully, wont it be digging its grave as these things can be easily detected.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 26th August 2014 at 15:09.
Old 26th August 2014, 15:30   #18977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
This was discussed left and right in several forums and settled long time back that its only a MiCloud service similar to Google's iDrive or Dropbox and this can be user enabled or disabled. If a company does it purposefully, wont it be digging its grave as these things can be easily detected.
Aha, I seem to have missed the MiCloud funda. Thanks for letting me know.
Happy for Mi Users. Hope they get the desired quality (software and hardware) out of their handsets. God Bless.
Old 26th August 2014, 16:43   #18978
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

Kitkat 4.4.2 update for India based users of SM-T311 tab i.e. lt013g available now. Just now updated my tab and the OS seems to be smooth and eye catchy! Those who want to try custom ROMs, please stay away from this OS till such time bootloader lock is overcome.
Old 26th August 2014, 16:56   #18979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Almost finalizing HTC Desire 816, any reviews about the same?
Compare it with Redmi 1S - MotoG level specs cheaper than MotoE prices.

The camera is quite decent too.

6k is no regret money - you can even resell later for less than the resale hit of a nice family dinner!
Old 26th August 2014, 17:30   #18980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Compare it with Redmi 1S - MotoG level specs cheaper than MotoE prices.

The camera is quite decent too.

6k is no regret money - you can even resell later for less than the resale hit of a nice family dinner!
Problem is their awkward selling process, I will register today and wait for 2nd sep to buy and this phone also will obviously go out of stock within couple of seconds and most probably will keep on happening for at least one more month and I am without a smartphone these days, that's the trouble.
Old 26th August 2014, 18:23   #18981
BHPian

Quote:
Problem is their awkward selling process, I will register today and wait for 2nd sep to buy and this phone also will obviously go out of stock within couple of seconds and most probably will keep on happening for at least one more month and I am without a smartphone these days, that's the trouble.
+1

I have been trying to buy the Mi3 from the time it has been launched, luckily i got it added in the cart today, payment was completed using the credit card and then the surprise, flipkart cancelled the order because of some insufficient information, received an email that the refund process has been initiated

No reason given.
Old 26th August 2014, 18:46   #18982
Senior - BHPian

Is Nexus 5 still a logical buy considering its being in market for quite sometime and may be reaching end of product life cycle and a Nexus 6 is coming anytime soon?

I considered HTC Desire 616 and 816 but somewhere I am not too very happy about them. Not satisfactory. So was thinking of getting a Nexus 5 16GB model!

This is getting so confusing! Buying a phone is as confusing as buying a car especially when you are without one
Old 26th August 2014, 18:59   #18983
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is Nexus 5 still a logical buy considering its being in market for quite sometime and may be reaching end of product life cycle and a Nexus 6 is coming anytime soon?

I considered HTC Desire 616 and 816 but somewhere I am not too very happy about them. Not satisfactory. So was thinking of getting a Nexus 5 16GB model!

This is getting so confusing! Buying a phone is as confusing as buying a car especially when you are without one
Unless you're the type for whom nothing but the latest and greatest will do, Nexus 5 makes a lot of sense. Product lifecycles don't make much sense these days because quite a few have cycles that last less than a year before the next one is up for launch. Unless you intend to keep changing phones every few months, you'll always be behind the curve, and it doesn't really matter.

If the device meets your criteria for functionality, price, ergonomics and value for your buck, don't get side-tracked by newer phones. There will ALWAYS be a newer/better model available. You need to draw the line somewhere or continue without a phone. Your call.
Old 26th August 2014, 19:01   #18984
BHPian

I have a Samsung Not N5100, has anybody upgraded this to KitKat without rooting this? I have been waiting so long from it to prompt, but doesnt seem to happen. Reading some forums, it looks like this has already happened in some parts of the world.
Old 26th August 2014, 19:13   #18985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
If the device meets your criteria for functionality, price, ergonomics and value for your buck, don't get side-tracked by newer phones. There will ALWAYS be a newer/better model available. You need to draw the line somewhere or continue without a phone. Your call.
This is so true. I am seeing so many of my colleagues rushing in to buy the latest, costliest phones just for "show-off". And they hardly use the features of these high priced devices.
Old 26th August 2014, 19:18   #18986
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Got it!
Attachment 1278793

Was trying just for the kicks of it. Now to see if I should replace my 2 year old G-Nex or not. Will come back and post in case I decide to let it go to someone else.

Btw, I logged in at 1:58 and refreshed once when the counter said 3 seconds to go - clicked on "buy now" and there it was - in the cart. Oh and I used Chrome.
So decided to go for it. @BlueVolt - sorry mate!
Paid up, delivery is scheduled for tomorrow.

Quote:

Absolutely. Go for it with eyes closed. Nexus will never disappoint you. You will be the first one to get that Android L whenever it's launched.

Saw some deals on ebay for 22k, with seller warranties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Dear nishantgandhi and Dry Ice.
Quoting the below two posts of myavu and DCElite with the Links, in response to the above posts of yours.

Not arguing. Agreed, you folks have purchased the best phone, but just saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
I guess ^^ post clears it up. I will also try to find anything of this sort once I get mine. Hope I don't find anything.
Old 26th August 2014, 20:56   #18987
Senior - BHPian

This is too much now.

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini will be Flipkart exclusive in India. Based on whatever I have heard or read, most people are irritated with the Flipkart exclusive model. Whatever may be the case, Flipkart is minting a lot of money.
Old 26th August 2014, 21:19   #18988
Senior - BHPian

So it's final call

Nexus 5 or HTC Desire 816!
Old 26th August 2014, 21:37   #18989
BHPian

Quote:
So it's final call

Nexus 5 with closed eyes. I don't find any strong point with HTC
Old 26th August 2014, 21:53   #18990
BHPian

Quote:
So it's final call

If there is Nexus as an option to choose from then its always better to go for the Nexus. You will always get fastest updates on the Nexus, then there will be massive dev community support.

Anyway if you can hold then wait for the next Nexus which is expected to come before year end and most probably with the 64 bit hardware running next generation Android.

If you can't afford to wait for that long then its worth to wait for the second generation Moto X+1 which is supposed to come within a month. There will be few more interesting feature in a much better hardware. One feature maybe the optical zoom, doesn't that sound interesting.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 26th August 2014 at 21:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks