Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2014, 11:34   #19051
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Done after some help from the miui forums. We have to edit the manifest.xml in /data/system/theme/lockscreen/advanced.

Root and root explorer required.
You can directly edit the lock screen files in the folder from a pc (add more if reqd), we can select the lock screen from the lock screen menu itself. This is how I changed to a custom one. The same way you can remove the unnecessary ringtones (ogg files) or any data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Anybody changed the lcd_density on the mi3 yet? Default is 480. I had been running 320 on the earlier Nexus. The icons and text look too big to me!

Already rooted and wondering how much higher can we go without issues? Will start trying from 445 onwards.
Did you try the font size option in Mi3, it works the same way. I always like to keep the default ppi as it reduces the graphic card's job to scale it to the panel defaults.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 30th August 2014 at 11:46.
Old 30th August 2014, 12:49   #19052
BHPian

Am using Micromax A116 since April 2013. All of sudden since last 2/3 days the phone doesn't select network at many places. Have checked the SIM and it works normally in other handsets. When the network is detected the signal is very weak like -109dbm, when the signal strength in other handsets is around -70 to -80 dbm.

Please suggest me the possible solutions to overcome this problem.
Old 30th August 2014, 18:21   #19053
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
You can directly edit the lock screen files in the folder from a pc (add more if reqd), we can select the lock screen from the lock screen menu itself. This is how I changed to a custom one. The same way you can remove the unnecessary ringtones (ogg files) or any data.
Umm, in the PC it doesn't show the system partitions for me. Or are you referring to some other location?
Quote:
Did you try the font size option in Mi3, it works the same way. I always like to keep the default ppi as it reduces the graphic card's job to scale it to the panel defaults.
Yes, already switched to the smallest. They still look big. 1080*1920/5~415. But the stock value is 480. It feels as if the software is not using the display to the fullest.
Old 30th August 2014, 18:41   #19054
Senior - BHPian

Xiaomi clarifies, Mi3 not discontinued but no definite date of return yet

Read more at: http://www.digit.in/mobile-phones/xi...eks-23757.html
Old 30th August 2014, 22:21   #19055
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It seems the company is simply taking a break to sell its budget priced Redmi 1S smartphone right now.
Eh? They can't sell more than one phone at a time?

What a peculiar company
Old 1st September 2014, 09:52   #19056
BHPian

Has any one who is a Flipkart First customer and who registered for the RedMi 1S Sale, been successful for the early access sale today. This is only for the 1st 2000 Flipkart first customers who registered. I too registered, but got an email yesterday that I'm not in the first 2000 customers and that I can still participate in the sale on 2nd Sept. Thanks.
Old 1st September 2014, 11:39   #19057
Distinguished - BHPian

About personal data being uploaded to Chinese servers by Xiaomi.

- I registered for a Xiaomi account but switched off all sync options.

- Registration required if you want to download themes etc from the official theme store. Alternatively you can sideload themes as well after downloading them on your system.

- The MiCloud service was connecting to 2 IPs in Singapore. Not China. Not much in terms of data transfer but just the handshake sort of stuff. Checked for both data and wifi connections.

- (root required) Deleted the xiaomiservicesframework.apk and cloudservices.apk from system apps and now the 2 singapore IPs are nowhere to be seen. Still in the early stages - so need to keep an eye on stock apps to rule out any negative impact.
Old 1st September 2014, 14:18   #19058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Has any one who is a Flipkart First customer and who registered for the RedMi 1S Sale, been successful for the early access sale today. This is only for the 1st 2000 Flipkart first customers who registered. I too registered, but got an email yesterday that I'm not in the first 2000 customers and that I can still participate in the sale on 2nd Sept. Thanks.
I got an email saying that I was one of the first 2000 Flipkart first subscribers. On 1st Sept at 2 pm, the phone will be automatically added to my cart, and I need to make the purchase before 3rd Sept. Have logged in to FK since 1.45 pm. Its 2.17. No luck so far.
Old 1st September 2014, 17:20   #19059
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I got an email saying that I was one of the first 2000 Flipkart first subscribers. On 1st Sept at 2 pm, the phone will be automatically added to my cart, and I need to make the purchase before 3rd Sept. Have logged in to FK since 1.45 pm. Its 2.17. No luck so far.
I got an email after that saying it'll be available at 5 pm (instead of the earlier 2 pm). Just checked my cart now, its still not there. Looks like Flipkart are grappling with technical issues at their end.
Old 1st September 2014, 21:55   #19060
Senior - BHPian

So, I was able to order the Redmi 1S through the Flipkart First early access system. It was added to my basket around 9 pm I think. Estimated delivery date is before 16th Sept. Have ordered it for Mom. Hope she likes it!

Will order another one for my niece through an alternate ID tomorrow. Lets see how that goes!
Old 2nd September 2014, 10:25   #19061
Team-BHP Support

Google event on Sep 15. Most probably Android One would be announced.

http://www.microfinancemonitor.com/2...ian-sentiment/
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:02   #19062
Senior - BHPian

Redmi 1s out of stock within the first 2 seconds at flipkart!! As the countdown reached 00, the "buy" button appeared and I clicked. It took 2 seconds to deliver this message:

Quote:
Out of stock!
Today’s Redmi 1S sale is now over

Last edited by thoma : 2nd September 2014 at 14:03.
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:13   #19063
BHPian

I did logged in early and waited for one hour watching the clock of Redmi 1S page to start sale.

at 00 a Order now button appears, try to click it, next it disappears, and comes a Out of stock! message.

Whatever Xiaomi, wanted to be a part of it.

I have never seen products go out of stock so fast, are servers so real time ?Flipkart servers were so just in time, well if everything was automated.
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:20   #19064
Senior - BHPian

Placed the order successfully for Redmi1S.

Clicked on the Order now button sharp at 14:00:00 and there was a "Congratulations" message asking me to wait while the order was added to my cart.

Then the browser hanged for full 8 minutes but and the end I could see the order placed in my cart. I had time till Sep 3, 11:59 to complete the transaction.

Completed the internet banking and expected delivery is by Sep 15, 2014.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 2nd September 2014 at 14:25.
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:38   #19065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Redmi 1s out of stock within the first 2 seconds at flipkart!! As the countdown reached 00, the "buy" button appeared and I clicked. It took 2 seconds to deliver this message:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz3645 View Post
I did logged in early and waited for one hour watching the clock of Redmi 1S page to start sale.

at 00 a Order now button appears, try to click it, next it disappears, and comes a Out of stock! message.

Whatever Xiaomi, wanted to be a part of it.

I have never seen products go out of stock so fast, are servers so real time ?Flipkart servers were so just in time, well if everything was automated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Placed the order successfully for Redmi1S.

Clicked on the Order now button sharp at 14:00:00 and there was a "Congratulations" message asking me to wait while the order was added to my cart.

Then the browser hanged for full 8 minutes but and the end I could see the order placed in my cart. I had time till Sep 3, 11:59 to complete the transaction.

Completed the internet banking and expected delivery is by Sep 15, 2014.
me too lucky. Managed to get one!!

In my case the browser did not hang but, it sure did take 4 to 5 minutes to get added to the cart. Post that, it kept showing a timer after I clicked on place order. The timer came up at least 7 to 8 times and each time the timer had clock ranging from 10 seconds to 3 minutes.

Finally after another wait of 15 minutes, managed to reach the payment screen. Along with the order I got one SIM adapter and one screen guard free.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks