Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 15:46   #26551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Thank you both for your suggestions.
I may go with MiA1 as 'stock android' is must for me. I may opt for '1-year Buyback Guarantee' option, so that I can sell it off if i do not like it.
Stay away from MI A1. Get a Moto G5 Plus. Near stock and better in every possible way except camera and design. And way better where it matters the software experience. I have both and Moto G5 Plus gives a much better user experience. Since all of us were using Moto phones at home thought of getting The MI A1 for change. Stock Android and similar hardware lured me. I was so wrong. I got it for 13.5 k. Not even worth half the money. It's like one of those handsome hunks. They look great and as soon as the open their mouth you understand they do not have personality to go with the physicality. Stick with the MI now. Will exchange it whenever I can afford another one.
Old 17th October 2017, 15:50   #26552
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Just purchased them through Google Rewards. Thanks for the mighty share
Nice

I bought them long back for ₹10 during a sale. Google Opinion Rewards is great. I've made close to ₹ 400 so far (location based surveys give you close to ₹30)
Old 17th October 2017, 16:01   #26553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Nice

I bought them long back for ₹10 during a sale. Google Opinion Rewards is great. I've made close to ₹ 400 so far (location based surveys give you close to ₹30)
Is there a app which captures these sales and let us know through notifications? I had Appsales and when checked these were not listed
Old 17th October 2017, 16:29   #26554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
Stay away from MI A1. Get a Moto G5 Plus. Near stock and better in every possible way except camera and design. And way better where it matters the software experience. I have both and Moto G5 Plus gives a much better user experience. Since all of us were using Moto phones at home thought of getting The MI A1 for change. Stock Android and similar hardware lured me. I was so wrong. I got it for 13.5 k. Not even worth half the money. It's like one of those handsome hunks. They look great and as soon as the open their mouth you understand they do not have personality to go with the physicality. Stick with the MI now. Will exchange it whenever I can afford another one.
Thanks for your feedback. Even I wanted to replace my existing mobile with G5s+, but since having bad experience with G4+ (not only mine, but couple of my friend's as well) i am reluctant to go with Moto again. I have been fan of Moto series (for their true VFM stock android experience) since their first version, but since Lenovo took over, I have observed that they are no longer maintaining the same quality. Even the OS updates, earlier they had promised the update for G4+, but then they back tracked. Based on all these experiences, I have almost decided to ditch Moto series. And, i was never a fan of MIUI and hence never considered any of their mobiles. But when i saw that MiA1 is having stock android UI, i thought I will try. But, now the search continues...
Old 17th October 2017, 16:45   #26555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Is there a app which captures these sales and let us know through notifications? I had Appsales and when checked these were not listed
You can follow GooglePlayDeals subreddit for sale notifications : https://reddit.com/r/googleplaydeals
Old 17th October 2017, 18:44   #26556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Need a phone under 40K. I'm tilting towards the Nokia 8 due to stock Android, superior camera and audio quality. I don't think there are any other options which offer similar value, OnePlus 5 has a poorer camera and screen. Any opinions regarding the new-age Nokia phones?
Pixel 32GB is available for 35k on Flipkart, if stock android and camera are the primary requirements.

Nokia phones seem to be good on build quality and are providing regular updates so far. Camera seems like it's good but it will not match up to Pixel because of the sensor size. If you have specific requirements like dual sim then it can be considered over Pixel I guess. I want to wait for some more reviews to have a better idea about Nokia 8.
Old 17th October 2017, 19:54   #26557
BHPian

Quote:
Nice

How do you convert these points for cash in the account?

I have something around 120 points for my google contributions!

Could these be used for purchase in google play store?
Old 17th October 2017, 20:23   #26558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Could these be used for purchase in google play store?
You can use your Google Opinion Rewards cash for :

- purchases on Play Store (Apps, ebooks etc)
- in-app purchases (for add free versions, pro packs in games)
- Google Play Music subscription

Unlike us Apple users get paid on PayPal
Old 18th October 2017, 05:29   #26559
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Got the mi max 2
Hows the call quality and clarity? Any issues with wifi connectivity? (mi Max 1 had wifi issues, which were fixed in a later update).

Considering this phone for my mother.
Old 18th October 2017, 05:53   #26560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
Hows the call quality and clarity? Any issues with wifi connectivity? (mi Max 1 had wifi issues, which were fixed in a later update).

Considering this phone for my mother.
Call quality is too good especially with Jio! No other WiFi or network issue. I installed the miui developer rom and there are many improvements! Just check if the size is ok for your mother.

Quote:
Nova Launcher Pro and Poweramp Pro is available for just ₹10. Easily worth the money
Thanks a lot for this information Klub Class!!
Bought both and I am stunned by poweramp app!! Music sounds different and I am hearing new sounds! Best audio player app. Exploring nova launcher.

Last edited by GTO : 18th October 2017 at 16:46. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 18th October 2017, 12:21   #26561
BHPian

Quote:
Got the mi max 2 and I am using it as my wife felt it's too large. After an hour of usage I became accustomed to the size. What I feel about this phone is it's total value for money. The big screen and big battery is actually quite addictive. I am watching more shows on Amazon prime and I am enjoying it. Getting over 10hours SOT and close to 2 days of usage. If the size doesn't matter, then go with mi max 2 and if your budget is 15k
Dude, how many phones have you bought recently? I have seen so many posts from you on this and iphone thread.
Old 18th October 2017, 12:35   #26562
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Dude, how many phones have you bought recently? I have seen so many posts from you on this and iphone thread.
You know Nothing, Jon Snow.

Meanwhile, I booked LG G6 at Amazon.in for Rs.33,500
Old 18th October 2017, 12:56   #26563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
You know Nothing, Jon Snow.

Meanwhile, I booked LG G6 at Amazon.in for Rs.33,500
ha ha!! Usually someone in my circle breaks the phone or drenches it in rain and goes waste. So I give mine to them and I get a new one. My current ones are Mi A1 locked up in cup board , G4 plus used by wife now and Mi max 2, my current phone now. Wife will use Mi A1, once the G4 plus display fails, its having screen burn issues. All my iphones are sold, especially since ios 11. I am having my office provided one which is a 6s and we got email asking us not to upgrade to ios 11. I cant do much with iphone, because there are many restrictions.
Old 18th October 2017, 15:16   #26564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mi max 2, my current phone now.
After using my Nokia Lumia 1520 (September 26, 2014 bought - with Rs. 9,000 cashback from Paytm) successfully for more than 3 years I finally bought a Mi Max 2 on October 6, 2017 from Amazon for Rs. 13,499. As you said it's an awesome phone in every aspect. Asphalt 8 and SBK16 plays flawlessly. I am enjoying every bit of it.

My actual target was OP5 8GB but after using 6" for more than 3 years 5.5" is too small for my liking . Now OP5T is on the way so Max 2 will be a solid companion for a year at least.

Hats off to Nokia for building some solid phones. My Lumia 1520 is still running flawlessly and been used for Insta, FB, Twitter and Emails over Wifi at home.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 19th October 2017, 08:40   #26565
BHPian

Mi A1 users - October security update is released. Please update it. Did the update for my A1 and network issue is fixed No fluctuations or signal loss.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks