Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Moto G price dropped by 2000!

New Prices -
8 GB @ 10500
16GB @ 11999

I was about to order Moto E, but now thinking about going for G - 8GB.
In the same boat and decided to order the 8 gb version of the moto G. Definitely looks worth the 3.5k difference over the Moto E now.

But why the discount? The moto G is already a best seller. Are they clearing old stock or something and discontinuing the model?
Old 31st July 2014, 12:48   #18707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
In the same boat and decided to order the 8 gb version of the moto G. Definitely looks worth the 3.5k difference over the Moto E now.

But why the discount? The moto G is already a best seller. Are they clearing old stock or something and discontinuing the model?
Xiaomi Mi3 for 13999?
Old 31st July 2014, 12:55   #18708
BHPian

Regarding the Xiaomi sending data to Chinese servers, Hugo Barra replied to the rumor in his Facebook page, and in their forums

http://forum.miui.co.in/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1032#p7075

All these apart, I am using this since last week, I am in love with this MiUI, its smooth, what gives me more joy when I compare it with my friends Nexus 5 , in cases it is smoother than Nexus. Lots of themes, I am like in those college days when we used to change Desktop wallpaper frequently, I change theme every other day now. And first thing you notice is big bright clear screen. I am back playing games in mobile again. GPS lock is really fast(even in high accuracy setting). Camera is very good in proper lighting condition, in low light noise is little more. Still good to take usable pictures and advanced mode in camera app is good. And in moderate usage for last one week(30-45min call, 8hrs 2G, 4hrs on wifi - facebook, browsing, whatsapp, 30min games - smash hit, dead trigger 2 etc), at the end of the day I still have >30% battery. For regular things no heating up issue. Checked out the exclusive service center has opened in Koramangala, didn't go in though. All in all a good experience. What else can we ask more for the price we paid

Only wishlist is an app like Motorola Assist, specially the "Drive" mode.
Old 31st July 2014, 14:21   #18709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Xiaomi Mi3 for 13999?
Nope. The mad rush is just too much to handle right now. And honestly for me its too early to put my money on such a new launch/company. So went with the Moto G.
Old 31st July 2014, 14:23   #18710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
Guys has anybody tried a custom ROM with the Note 2? My phone is out of warranty now and I was wondering what are suggested ROM's.
Try Resurrection Remix. I have been using the same with my S2 and it works pretty great.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1989907
Old 31st July 2014, 14:44   #18711
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Xiaomi Mi3 for 13999?
Quote:
Nope. The mad rush is just too much to handle right now. And honestly for me its too early to put my money on such a new launch/company. So went with the Moto G.
I think akshay meant the discount could be due to the mad rush for mi3. It sure has impacted the Gs numbers. It's been a long time since the G is in stock - very unlike the initial few weeks where it used to sell out within hours.
Old 31st July 2014, 14:59   #18712
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I think akshay meant the discount could be due to the mad rush for mi3. It sure has impacted the Gs numbers. It's been a long time since the G is in stock - very unlike the initial few weeks where it used to sell out within hours.
I think it is a clever marketing ploy by Flipkart. Along with Xiaomi they have managed to create a big hype for the MI3. There are lots of disgruntled/hopeful customers wanting to buy it but unable to do so. Many will be confused on whether to keep trying or go for something else. Whats the next best choice in this segment-The Moto G of course. Customers are confused, should I go for it or wait. It is in such a scenario that Flipkart steps in and drops the price of Moto G. A lot of the fence sitters will now go the Moto G way. Win-Win for Flipkart.
Old 31st July 2014, 15:09   #18713
BHPian

Quote:

I just ordered the 16gb one to replace the office blackberry. total cost is INR 11999. Seems good enough. With primary requirement of using this for reading emails (official only) and playing some light games and music, this felt like a good choice. If its lasts around a year and a half, I would be happy!

First Android for me!

Rohan
Old 31st July 2014, 15:17   #18714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
I just ordered the 16gb one to replace the office blackberry. total cost is INR 11999. Seems good enough. With primary requirement of using this for reading emails (official only) and playing some light games and music, this felt like a good choice. If its lasts around a year and a half, I would be happy!

First Android for me!

Rohan
Welcome to the android bandwagon. After Blackberry you will love Android. I ordered the 8 gb version as the phone will be used by my Dad and he already has an Iphone 5. This will be used on an alternate SIM only for calls and messaging and occasional Email. At 10.5k I think it is a steal.
Old 31st July 2014, 15:54   #18715
BHPian

My father is looking for android phone in the price range of 10-15,000. (+/- 1K).

Good still picture quality is must, and HD recording would be preferred but not mandatory.

Any suggestions?

We have very good experience with Samsung phones’ cameras, but in this budget all Samsung phones have 5MP while with others provide 8Mp cameras.

He has shortlisted Panasonic P51, any review about phone in general and about its still photo quality?
Old 31st July 2014, 22:37   #18716
BANNED

With Moto G price drop, you can try that. Or you can go for ASUS zenphone 5.
Old 1st August 2014, 07:16   #18717
BHPian

Can someone help me with a bit of android code? I am looking at utilising obd data to perform custom actions.. Ex: reverse gear pid triggering a camera app
Old 1st August 2014, 08:47   #18718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
Can someone help me with a bit of android code? I am looking at utilising obd data to perform custom actions.. Ex: reverse gear pid triggering a camera app
Though that sounds interesting and great if you are looking for some experimental exercise but if you are on some serious commercial project then ditch the Android and take any other platform because by the time the camera will turn on and start recording, you will finish up your reversing and will come back into N or D gear, such laggy the response Android has.

As much as I love the Android, I equally hate it for it's lagginess.
Old 1st August 2014, 09:16   #18719
BHPian

It wouldn't be a commercial project for sure; I am only looking at utilities that can make driving a bit more convenient and perhaps can be shared here for benefit of tbhpians

I am sure there will be challenges, android or otherwise, however I am confident that if commercially available cheap Chinese windows based units can switch cameras to aid reversing; androids should be able to do it a tad better.
Old 1st August 2014, 09:31   #18720
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
How did you get the reverse gear pid?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks