Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2014, 11:14   #18721
BHPian

If apps like https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ter.beta&hl=en exist, I am sure there is a way to extract this info out. I know that at least ford vehicles transmit this information through 11B6-Transmission Selector Position Input Status
Old 1st August 2014, 11:51   #18722
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Well, I use torque pro regularly. But have not yet seen this gear pid anywhere. Let me try this app and see if it really works.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1927504 - this is an interesting thread I found at xda. People using tasker and torque pro to automate tasks depending on the data from obd, maybe it can give you some leads. ATB!
Old 1st August 2014, 15:13   #18723
BHPian

The huge demand for the Xiaomi Mi3 and the moderate success of the Zenfone 5 must have played a role in the price drop of the Moto G. However, the most plausible reason could be that the Moto G, launched a year and a half ago, is at the end of its production life and Flipkart must be in a hurry to clear its stock. The likely fallout of this clearance sale is that the Moto G LTE, with expandable memory, could be introduced in India very soon.
Old 1st August 2014, 16:58   #18724
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookieraj View Post
The likely fallout of this clearance sale is that the Moto G LTE, with expandable memory, could be introduced in India very soon.
Highly unlikely of Motorola to launch MotoG LTE in India anytime soon or with expandable memory. We can except a MotoG with better camera and maybe some hardware tweaks. All this info is from someone very higher up in Google who has been working on Motorola projects but needs to be confirmed.
Old 1st August 2014, 17:35   #18725
BHPian

I need to install Speedtest app on my Moto G. Which one is recommended?
Old 1st August 2014, 18:08   #18726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Try Resurrection Remix. I have been using the same with my S2 and it works pretty great.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1989907
Thanks mate will try it out. Though are there any tried and tested ROMS specifically for the Note 2?
Old 1st August 2014, 18:10   #18727
BHPian

Regarding my post at #18723, the Moto G was launched in Nov 2013 which is less than a year ago. I stand corrected on that.

@BoneCollector, the Moto G LTE, which has already been launched in some foreign countries, does support expandable memory cards till 32 GB. I am not privy to confidential information but I guess that its easier for Motorola to launch an existing model in India.
Old 1st August 2014, 20:32   #18728
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookieraj View Post

@BoneCollector, the Moto G LTE, which has already been launched in some foreign countries, does support expandable memory cards till 32 GB. I am not privy to confidential information but I guess that its easier for Motorola to launch an existing model in India.
The LTE model available outside I guess is a single sim handset. There are some technical issues which I'm not aware about as I was not told anything about it.
Old 4th August 2014, 11:06   #18729
BHPian

Need Help.

I purchased my moto G on April 9th, from past 2 days the LED flash on my camera is not to working. No flash at all . The flash mode in on , I downloaded a flashlight app and tried , I tried rebooting the phone , rebooting in safe mode , clear the data in the camera app and even factory reset the phone.

Still no use :-( . What do I do ? Anyone facing similar problem ?
Old 4th August 2014, 12:41   #18730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Need Help.

Still no use :-( . What do I do ? Anyone facing similar problem ?
All that you have written points towards hardware failure - the LED may have fused/burnt. Can't do much except taking it to service center since the phone is under warranty.
Old 4th August 2014, 12:48   #18731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet.S View Post
All that you have written points towards hardware failure - the LED may have fused/burnt. Can't do much except taking it to service center since the phone is under warranty.
Well , after I typed this I was searching for authorized moto g service centers in Bangalore . They have 2 centers and both of them are quite far away from my place. I removed the back panel , removed the SIM card , switch off-switch on , a little bit of uff uff blowing and removed the dust on the surface and gently pressed sealed battery, and behold the LED flash works perfectly. .
Old 5th August 2014, 14:05   #18732
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody know the secret of buying the xiaomi mi3? I logged in from about 12:30 and at sharp 2:00 it changed to buy now. I clicked on buy now as soon as it came (literally less than a second) and it showed out of stock. I am confused as ever. How can this possibly be?
Old 5th August 2014, 14:38   #18733
Senior - BHPian

Moto G(8 GB)rates dropped. Available at Rs. 10,490/-. Real steal at this rate!!
Old 5th August 2014, 16:41   #18734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Does anybody know the secret of buying the xiaomi mi3? I logged in from about 12:30 and at sharp 2:00 it changed to buy now. I clicked on buy now as soon as it came (literally less than a second) and it showed out of stock. I am confused as ever. How can this possibly be?
Boss, this could be a marketing gimmick to develop interest of buyers towards the brand. Flipkart hand in hand with Xiaomi. We can't rule out this. This is even worse than irctc

No proof. just my thought.
Old 5th August 2014, 17:37   #18735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
I need to install Speedtest app on my Moto G. Which one is recommended?
The Speedtest app is available on Google Play
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...Tu0seZIQMBE1Yw

Have been using it for better part of an year without any issues

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks