Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:11   #22546
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Hadn't thought of the Mi4!

No, not interested in one-plus: I think it is between mi and moto.. Battle of the Ms!
Have you considered Meizu m2? Its very capable phone for its price. Its of lower resolution than mi4i. There is SD card option too!
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:38   #22547
Distinguished - BHPian

Seeing a lot of banners in Bangalore on Vodafone 4G service launch. Some online articles indicated a launch in December in 5 circles-Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkota, Karnataka and Kerala. From this, it has just been launched in 10 Cities in Kerala.

Quote:
Vodafone India, the country's second largest telecom operator, said that it will launch 4G services in five circles-- Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Karnataka and Kerala--beginning December this year.

The company had successfully acquired 4G (LTE) spectrum in these circles in February 2014 auctions. It will offer 4G services using spectrum in the 1800 MHz band.
One question. The article indicates it is launching 4G services in 1800Mhz band. I assume this is different from what Airtel uses and hence phones like Nexus 6 and the Moto Series would support Vodafone 4g?
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:46   #22548
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
One question. The article indicates it is launching 4G services in 1800Mhz band. I assume this is different from what Airtel uses and hence phones like Nexus 6 and the Moto Series would support Vodafone 4g?
Yup. Vodafone is using LTE band 3 800MHz which is FDD-LTE. This is supported by the older Moto X 2nd Gen, Nexus 6 and Moto Turbo.

Airtel in KA uses LTE band 40 2300MHz which is TDD-LTE. Not supported by the Moto's.

In earlier posts, it was mentioned that Airtel is actually acquiring 1800MHz spectrum in other states but looks like KA is unlucky in getting the 2300MHz.
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:50   #22549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yup. Vodafone is using LTE band 3 800MHz which is FDD-LTE. This is supported by the older Moto X 2nd Gen, Nexus 6 and Moto Turbo.
Cool. Thanks. So I can look forward to enjoy 4G on my Nexus 6 on Vodafone.
Old 23rd December 2015, 15:11   #22550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
If you don't do this step, the recovery will be reverted back to stock recovery but the ROM will remain the same what you've flashed, you wont lose root access. Its just that flashing another ROM or Zip file will require you to do all the steps mentioned above to install CWM recovery.
Still not out out-of-coverage :P

I have rebooted the phone a couple of times. How do I check / ensure that the phone is in the desired mode ? Want to do this before I rename the sh script file name.

btw, Phone looks to be working fine, and am able to move apps from the internal memory to SD card.
Old 23rd December 2015, 16:32   #22551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I have rebooted the phone a couple of times. How do I check / ensure that the phone is in the desired mode ? Want to do this before I rename the sh script file name.

btw, Phone looks to be working fine, and am able to move apps from the internal memory to SD card.
Is phone only rooted or its also custom rom? If it is first you can check if you have old recovery in following ways.

1) Power off. Switch on holding volume up key (Some case its volume down). This should take you to boot loader. In boot loader you should have option to go to recovery. The recovery should be one you flashed.

2) Enable developer option in phone. Enable ADB. Connect phone to computer which has relevant adb driver. Type command adb reboot recovery in commandline.

3) Install free app ROM Manager, which will usually tell you which recoevry you have!
Old 23rd December 2015, 16:52   #22552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
If you like the mi4i, I would recommend the 32 GB version.
I would buy it like a shot... but it doesn't seem to actually exist in India

If you know otherwise, please give me a link!

32Gb would do me: I just need a few apps, some of which are large like Sygic; I don't need heaps of space for music etc, I keep that on the tablet (except my 64Gb SD seems to have just failed )
Old 23rd December 2015, 17:01   #22553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Still not out out-of-coverage :P

I think youve succesfully rooted. If you still want to confirm, look for root checker on Play, install one you like, check, and remove.
For recovery, look up on the internet as to how to get into recovery. For sony, it was switch it on, and at brand logo screen, press back(oldest), or tap the logo (older), or press the volume button repeatedly(latest).
Should be one of those since there are not a lot of other options available nowadays. The recovery will let you know which one it is.

However, your primary purpose was to root and allow you to use Link2SD, yeah? So you can leave your phone as it is, and continue using it. Unless youre looking to download flavor-of-the-week ROMs and flashing them(?).
Old 23rd December 2015, 17:28   #22554
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, Mayank, Raghu, Sunnyboi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
However, your primary purpose was to root and allow you to use Link2SD, yeah? So you can leave your phone as it is, and continue using it. Unless youre looking to download flavor-of-the-week ROMs and flashing them(?).
@Mayank - yes, the idea was to root it so that I can use Link2SD. The phone is a Samsung S Duos. GT-S7562 with 1.69GB internal. Was running out of space, and wanted to create space. Your point here above has definitely helped me

One more question:
Can I move Whatsapp's media folder to the FAT32 partition, and move all other folders to Ext2 ? (the media folder is the one that will grow, and my FAT32 partition is the largest one ..
Old 23rd December 2015, 17:36   #22555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One more question:
Can I move Whatsapp's media folder to the FAT32 partition, and move all other folders to Ext2 ? (the media folder is the one that will grow, and my FAT32 partition is the largest one ..
You mean default storage to card, rather than internal? Unfortunately not. At least, I am not aware if whatsapp allows downloads and uploads to be stored on the card, yet.
You can regularly cut and paste the media folders onto your SD card, though, from any file explorer.
Disclaimer: I ahvent attempted this. I just dont see any options to do this in a straightforward manner.

Last edited by mayankk : 23rd December 2015 at 17:37.
Old 23rd December 2015, 17:59   #22556
Distinguished - BHPian

The reason I asked is -
when I started Link2SD, I was asked if I want to use the 4GB partition (SD card), or the 2GB Ext2. I selected Ext2 and Have been using it. Now all the apps go there.

One other question -
When I move an app using Link2Sd, 3 components are selected by default. The fourth is "Link Internal Data" and is not selected, but can be selected.
Old 23rd December 2015, 18:18   #22557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I would buy it like a shot
Sorry for the info. But it was on sale when my mom bought her (16 GB Mi4i) in August.
I think they pulled it out and slashed the price of Mi4.

So, today's Mi4 sells at the price the 32 GB Mi4i was selling at.
Old 23rd December 2015, 23:09   #22558
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone here using CM13? Would appreciate feedback as the zenfone 2 has an alpha cm13 build available & I am tempted to flash
Old 23rd December 2015, 23:18   #22559
Senior - BHPian

BHPians using Mi4i, can you please help me in getting gmail Push service off.

Anytime I open gmail, I see that all emails are already downloaded.

I want to change it to Pull basis and not push. Such that the emails are downloaded only when I check that app.

I could do this in iOS, yet to see how to configure this for Android.
Old 24th December 2015, 09:30   #22560
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Initial views of the S6 Edge (if it helps anyone):

- Looks swell. The edge screen is only a gimmick (no practical use), but one that adds to the style & feel. It's so much fun to just hold the damn phone. Very light & thin too. Display quality is A+.

- Strong antenna. It catches range where my other phones have struggled. Even WiFi antenna strength is impressive.

- Is quick enough, but doesn't feel any faster than my HTC One. What is the additional 1 GB of RAM doing?

- Fingerprint sensor is damn convenient. Like keyless entry & go in a car. To access the phone, I don't have to press anything. Pick it up & gravity screen (an app) activates the screen. I pick it up with my thumb on the fingerprint sensor. Zero effort to unlock. No swiping or any buttons to press.

- Battery life is better than the HTC. End of the day, with a fairly good number of calls etc., I still have 40-50% battery left (HTC had 25% with similar use). Day spent at work is on Wifi, not mobile data. Fast charging actually works. If I have to step out, I just keep the phone on fast charging while I shower etc. By the time I'm ready to walk out the door, the phone has enough juice to last an entire night out.

Samsung has gotten the core functionality spot on. Only two things I don't like are:

- Price
- No SD card slot

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
GTO. I think its simply the demand vs supply market. As long as there are buyers for these devices the market will continue to help manufacturers over price and mint.
Hahaha, just like the overpriced Innova. It's pricey, yet there's a ready market for it.

Last edited by GTO : 24th December 2015 at 09:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks