Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-946.html)

The difference between "few" and "a few" in English might look like only one letter but is actually a whole world!

Galaxy note n7000 owners, Samsung has rolled out the official Jellybean in India today.
I have updated to 4.1.2 just now through Kies
Details in the below screenshot
Not explored anything as yet.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130319_235049.png
Views: 660
Size:  82.1 KB

Edit: playstore and facebook crashed once.hope its a one-off

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 3071176)
Galaxy note n7000 owners, Samsung has rolled out the official Jellybean in India today.
I have updated to 4.1.2 just now through Kies...

Did it just now and must say that this update has breathed new life into my boring galaxy note. Yet to explore new features.clap:

No luck so far. Tried OTA and not able to connect (see screenshot in previous page). Kies is not connecting (not detecting my phone).

What could be the problem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3071345)
No luck so far. Tried OTA and not able to connect (see screenshot in previous page). Kies is not connecting (not detecting my phone).

Is it the latest version of Kies? That could be the first try. The new Kies came with a set of new USB drivers for Windows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 999 (Post 3071491)
Is it the latest version of Kies? That could be the first try. The new Kies came with a set of new USB drivers for Windows.

Yes, the latest version. When I upgraded to the latest version, it stopped detecting my phone. Guess I will have to try in another system when I reach home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pareshraheja (Post 3070670)
Guys.. What about S2? Or is it only for note.

S2 Official JB update in India had started by the beginning of February this year.
I had updated my Brother in law's phone on February 9th to be exact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3071518)
Yes, the latest version. When I upgraded to the latest version, it stopped detecting my phone. Guess I will have to try in another system when I reach home.

This is a possibility.
My colleague and I have the latest version of Kies.
While he is still not getting any update information for his S2, I got the prompt on my system for my BIL's S2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3071345)

Although ideally it should promt for update OTA, please try once by connecting through the cable.
My wife's Sony phone was not showing any update info OTA but when I connected it using the cable, It prompted me immediately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 3071677)
I had updated my Brother in law's phone on February 9th to be exact.

R u sure? What about the country you had selected while checking for update in Kies. Was it India or something else?

Quote:

Although ideally it should promt for update OTA, please try once by connecting through the cable.
My wife's Sony phone was not showing any update info OTA but when I connected it using the cable, It prompted me immediately.

I just tried OTA but not able to connect. When the latest version of Kies was installed, something happened to the windows driver. It's now showing an error when I connect using usb (cant install driver). Will try connecting it using another system at home and see if I can update it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 3071176)
I have updated to 4.1.2 just now through Kies

FINALLY!

Has anyone got this via OTA yet?
Don't wanna do through the whole kies thing for my dad's phone.

Thanks,
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by pareshraheja (Post 3071691)

R u sure? What about the country you had selected while checking for update in Kies. Was it India or something else?

I'm sure of the date because we sold the phone to my friend

I don't remember setting any country, in fact I was not even checking for updates.
I justbconnected it just to backup data.

I ended up updating and selling it the next day :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 3071717)
I'm sure of the date because we sold the phone to my friend

I don't remember setting any country, in fact I was not even checking for updates.
I justbconnected it just to backup data.

I ended up updating and selling it the next day :)

That's not the JB update. It was just an ICS stability update. No UI changes could be seen. S2 JB for India isn't rolled out yet.

Link: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=INU#firmware

Quote:

S2 Official JB update in India had started by the beginning of February this year.
I had updated my Brother in law's phone on February 9th.

This is surprising. Even sammobile lists only 4.0.4 as the latest version available officially for INU S2 phones. Was your brother in law's phone bought outside India?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binzone (Post 3071733)
Was your brother in law's phone bought outside India?

It was bought in India and is still in India

Quote:

Originally Posted by Added_flavor (Post 3071730)
That's not the JB update. It was just an ICS stability update. No UI changes could be seen. S2 JB for India isn't rolled out yet.

This may be possible.
But I starkly remember checking the firmware version in google and I got results that it is JB.
Anyways, will check and update here later.

Any suggestion for a good music sync app (like iTunes) for android.

currently i use Mediamonkey, works seamlessly, except at one place - If i delete a song from my android playlist, the file doesn't get deleted neither from the android and nor from the PC playlist which happens in iTunes. But if delete a song from PC playlist it removes the same from the android device.

iSyncr app works almost like iTunes but the lite version supports syncing only 20 songs at a time.

Any suggestions ?

Bottom line - No music sync software can match the versatility of iTunes !! hats off apple !!!