Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2012, 19:20   #8386
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Is there any way to use the PC internet connection (via the 3G USB data card) on the Samsung Galaxy S2? This is quite opposite to Tethering. Need help in this regard. Thanks in advance.
Old 30th March 2012, 19:27   #8387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra
Is there any way to use the PC internet connection (via the 3G USB data card) on the Samsung Galaxy S2? This is quite opposite to Tethering. Need help in this regard. Thanks in advance.
Download this software called connectify on your PC. It can make your PC a wifi hot spot.

Connectify.me
Old 30th March 2012, 19:41   #8388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Download this software called connectify on your PC. It can make your PC a wifi hot spot.

Connectify.me
yes, but I think it will work only on Windows 7.
Old 30th March 2012, 19:48   #8389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
yes, but I think it will work only on Windows 7.
I've a Windows 7 Professional laptop. Hope after installing the connectify application on the laptop, everything is done. Please confirm if anything else needs to be done i.e. any other configurations? Just checked the connectify website. I guess there are 2 apps i.e. Lite and Pro. Is Lite sufficient. Please confirm. Thanks.
Old 30th March 2012, 20:29   #8390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I've a Windows 7 Professional laptop. Hope after installing the connectify application on the laptop, everything is done. Please confirm if anything else needs to be done i.e. any other configurations? Just checked the connectify website. I guess there are 2 apps i.e. Lite and Pro. Is Lite sufficient. Please confirm. Thanks.
Lite is okay I guess. But the Free version of this app enables you to create an open Wi-Fi connection only. So be careful, do not let your neighbor send anonymous hatred e-mails to his boss through your IP address

General topic:
I am watching demo videos of Runnymede ROM for HTC Desire and really impressed! As of now, this is the next flashing candidate!

[ROM][25.03.12]Runnymede AIO V6.1.1 Special Edition with INT2SD support [Beta] - xda-developers
Old 30th March 2012, 21:18   #8391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
General topic:
I am watching demo videos of Runnymede ROM for HTC Desire and really impressed! As of now, this is the next flashing candidate!

[ROM][25.03.12]Runnymede AIO V6.1.1 Special Edition with INT2SD support [Beta] - xda-developers

Features look good - But try out a ROM with V6 Supercharger

There is no fun in aroma installer after the installation and touch feature during install works only at times.

A ROM with powersave, CPU tweaks and undervolt features will be better in performance IMO.

Last edited by headers : 30th March 2012 at 21:20.
Old 30th March 2012, 21:22   #8392
Senior - BHPian

connectify lite let's you create WPA-2 network, not just open. And yes, only windows 7 and above have low level support to create an infrastructure network.

I installed it recently to connect my kindle thru wifi since kindle doesn't work with peer to peer or enterprise (which my school has).
Old 31st March 2012, 06:31   #8393
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax

Lite is okay I guess. But the Free version of this app enables you to create an open Wi-Fi connection only. So be careful, do not let your neighbor send anonymous hatred e-mails to his boss through your IP address

s[/url]
I am using connectify lite for a few months now and i can set up a password for the wifi setup. The only problem i face is that it is an adhoc connection also called peer to peer connection and not all phones might connect easily.

For instance my iPhone connects well but my lg android is not allowed to connect. I apparently need to do some tweak which needs me to root the phone first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k
connectify lite let's you create WPA-2 network, not just open. And yes, only windows 7 and above have low level support to create an infrastructure network.

I installed it recently to connect my kindle thru wifi since kindle doesn't work with peer to peer or enterprise (which my school has).
So were you able to create a infrastructure point with the lite version and win 7?

Last edited by GTO : 1st April 2012 at 10:59. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
deep_bang is offline   Received Infraction
Old 31st March 2012, 08:11   #8394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang

So were you able to create a infrastructure point with the lite version and win 7?
Ism using conectify.since almost 2 years on windows 7 to connect my SGS X. only issue is that not all versions are compatible, iam using an older version. Latest version is working flawlessly on XP. He is even able to connect his psp3 using wifi with help of connevtify.
Old 31st March 2012, 11:25   #8395
BHPian

What are the best apps for keeping track of battery usage and call history? Are there any other must have utility apps .
Old 31st March 2012, 11:43   #8396
Senior - BHPian

My Samsung Galaxy S2 (Epic Touch 4G) streaming music to my car via bluetooth

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-19-superb-bt-music-streaming.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-12-superb-mid-display-phone-connected0.jpg

Related link here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2731304
Old 31st March 2012, 12:00   #8397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Thanks Shammil. UniverCell quoted me 16k and a further 2k off for my 1.5 yr old Nokia C5-00 so effective price is 14k which i guess is a good buy. Asked them to rethink and i will return over the weekend. Hopefully they are able to better their offer. Lets see.
Hi Aditya...

Its upto you to see if the deal is reasonable as it depends on the condition of your c5. Also the cheapest you can buy the Moto Defy+ would be here: Motorola Defy+MB526 | Motorola Mobile Phones | Saholic.com

Regarding the phone; it looks lovely, feels sturdy and over-all satisfy all your personal and official needs more than bargained for. The connectivity is respectable, the wifi speeds are excellent, the interface is crisp and you will experience no lag or hang.

Flip side: Battery though is compromised at 1700mAh which is just about enough for a day even with power saver mode turned on in max mode. Application called Juice Defender may work on other phones not this one, does no good in saving battery here. The camera is a joke- the pic quality is down right pathetic (5/10) , text messaging takes a while to get used to but swype texting is brilliant... Rest is 8.5/10.

Last edited by The Wolf : 31st March 2012 at 12:04.
Old 31st March 2012, 12:20   #8398
BHPian

Looks like HTC Sensation price war is on...

HTC Sensation Z710e| HTC Mobile Phones | Saholic.com

available at 22000/- This is some deal for dual core.

Addition:

HTC Incredible S: 20,020/- & HTC Desire S: 18,839/-

Looks like HTC is wiping old models seriously

Last edited by anmolbedi : 31st March 2012 at 12:25. Reason: Addition
Old 31st March 2012, 12:32   #8399
BHPian

Re: Need advice on Galaxy Note Accessories

I am looking for a stereo blouetooth headset for (yet to be) my galaxy note. I saw some nice reviews of the Samsung HS3000 and its available on ebay for about Rs. 2900.
Link - Samsung HS3000 Stereo Bluetooth Headset For Nokia Samsung LG Motorola HS 3000 | eBay

I want to have a facility where the headset will announce the caller name when a call comes and also allows me to silence the ringer. This way, I can decide to pick up or not pick up a call without taking the phone out of pocket. This is even more important to me as I am also planning to purchase a diary case from ebay - ZENUS Samsung Galaxy Note Case N7000 i9220 PRESTIGE CARBON DIARY TYPE | eBay

It will be very cumbersome to take out the thing from pocket, open the case, swipe unlock and then to find an incoming call which I want to reject.

Also, i have never bought from Ebay. Is the supplier rating thing serious and dependable?
Old 31st March 2012, 14:00   #8400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
Looks like HTC Sensation price war is on...

HTC Sensation Z710e| HTC Mobile Phones | Saholic.com

available at 22000/- This is some deal for dual core.

Addition:

HTC Incredible S: 20,020/- & HTC Desire S: 18,839/-

Looks like HTC is wiping old models seriously

The HTC one series is launching on the 2nd, hence they're clearing out the old lineup.

Priced at 17k ,the HTC one V looks like it is going to rule the mid segment

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks