Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2012, 21:53   #9121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Dude did you decide on which phone you're going to buy?? I am going to buy my new phone next month and will be watching this purchase closely. Please post a review on whatever phone you finally end up buying!!
I think I will go with the HTC but still reliability is an issue as not many people have any idea about the life of this phone. The good thing is 90% of the reviews are positive(about the overall phone). Will surely let you know buddy. My exams will get over tomorrow then I will be able to do a proper survey of the price and everything. Take care.
Old 16th May 2012, 22:55   #9122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham

I think I will go with the HTC but still reliability is an issue as not many people have any idea about the life of this phone. The good thing is 90% of the reviews are positive(about the overall phone). Will surely let you know buddy. My exams will get over tomorrow then I will be able to do a proper survey of the price and everything. Take care.

I own HTC One X. It's a brilliant phone with exceptional build quality. Update 1.28 fixed all the issues. Battery life is easily 2 days with moderate usage. Camera is great. All in all a complete phone. This is provably the only android mobile that paired and works 100% with my indica vista Bluetooth.
Old 16th May 2012, 23:57   #9123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor

I feel most features/softwares the s3 boasts of are good on paper.

1. Smart eye - for how long will I look at the screen until I don't touch or scroll? In fact this is more load on the battery I feel.

2. S beam - useless until the technology establishes and becomes more common.

3. S voice - GSM already says this feature is disappointing! How frequently do apple users use siri?

Tell me what does samsung bring new to the table? Also, couple with this samsung's crap touch wiz!

It's widely believed and proven that htc sense is the best UI for android! I'm saying this in spite of owning a samsung phone!

EDIT - How could I not mention how classy one x looks and how cheap s3 looks and apparently feels!
Well smart eye is really useful and very well thought feature. There sure are many times everyday e.g. reading news or playing wordfeud when I feel I need something like it. Others are more gimmicks as of now.

I use a HTC sensation as my daily phone. Earlier i liked sense but now i absolutely detest it! My phone used to crash every other day and I was so frustrated that I simply started hating android. Then few months back I switched to go explorer and It's so much better now. More than double free RAM I ever had with sense and almost no crashes for weeks at a stretch. Only battery life is sub optimal but It's ok as I recharge it every night. I am not going back to sense ever again

As for feel/looks I wud reserve my judgement till I actually feel it in my hand. S3 doesn't look so bad in pics for me, though It's no lumia 900.

Last edited by joslicx : 17th May 2012 at 00:01.
Old 17th May 2012, 17:35   #9124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi

Xperia Sola available for pre-order:
It is now available in stores though Flipkart is still showing it as coming soon. One shop quoted 19.7k for it. I called up Alfa and they too have the model. They did not tell the price on phone though but I expect it to be around 19.7k only.
Old 17th May 2012, 20:33   #9125
BHPian

Guys debating about the One X and S3 have a look at the review from GSM arena where point to point the features are compared. The S3 scores very high on most bench marks and is definetly no slouch. GSM have themselves indicated its best in performance in its class. Still has some disadvantages too. Finally its a matter of choice.

Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III vs. HTC One X: Alien vs. Predator - GSMArena.com
Old 17th May 2012, 20:52   #9126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
I own HTC One X. It's a brilliant phone with exceptional build quality. Update 1.28 fixed all the issues. Battery life is easily 2 days with moderate usage. Camera is great. All in all a complete phone. This is provably the only android mobile that paired and works 100% with my indica vista Bluetooth.
Dude you own a much higher end phone. Explorer is just a baby android compared to yours. Hope it turns out to be a good phone.
Old 17th May 2012, 22:09   #9127
Senior - BHPian

Just like to add Galaxy s3 review by phone arena. Definitely worth picking up looking at performance and battery life. I won't be surprised if samsung releases extended battery for the phone latter.

Old 17th May 2012, 22:18   #9128
BHPian

Guys just bought a Galaxy Note, white color, at a best price of 30,200.

Any suggestions on apps & games?

I have never tried android before, any thing for saving battery life??

Thanks.
Old 17th May 2012, 23:19   #9129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400

Thanks.
Congrats and enjoy it to the fullest for a few days at least. Your battery life will automatically improve as you will gradually come down to usual usage levels. For now enjoy the beast. I loved playing with it, especially scribbing at a local score.
Old 17th May 2012, 23:21   #9130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400

Thanks.
Same pinch for the color i mean.

Did you get the sennheiser headphones or the extra gifts that samsung was giving out? If not then register at the samsung website and they will ship it to you.

For battery life always go to task manager and exit the apps. For a better solution try juice defender app.

Cheers
Old 17th May 2012, 23:37   #9131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Same pinch for the color i mean.

Did you get the sennheiser headphones or the extra gifts that samsung was giving out? If not then register at the samsung website and they will ship it to you.

For battery life always go to task manager and exit the apps. For a better solution try juice defender app.

Cheers
Congrats on your buy! Will be getting one soon. The price looks like a steal. Just want to know if it was an online purchase or from the brand store. Thanks!
Old 18th May 2012, 00:14   #9132
BHPian

Just bought a Sony Xperia Sola for my father. Flipkart is still showing this as coming soon. However for all Mumbai people - I got this phone from Alfa at Irla for Rs 18750! Yes - lesser than Flipkart's Rs 19,999. Initial impressions are very good - it is a great compact android - well built and looks nice. Will post a review of the device soon. For now - I am teaching my father some android basics.

Last edited by Saanil : 18th May 2012 at 00:16.
Old 18th May 2012, 01:03   #9133

Need some quick help guys, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask for.

I bought a HTC INSPIRE 4G from AT&T in the U.S. Call it bad luck or me being careless, I Lost the phone here in Hyderabad two days ago. Is there anyway I could get the phone back. A friend of mine found his lost Iphone wih the help of Hyderabad Cyber Police. He tells me that the police here have techy equipment which can track lost smart phones.

A few pointers
1. The phone is locked by AT&T. (no other SIM card can be used in the phone)
2. The phone has not been rooted.
3. The phone has Lookout installed, which proved to be useless here in India.

I know the chances of me getting my phone back are slim. But I'd be willing to give it a try anyways.

Thanks,
Sree
Old 18th May 2012, 08:47   #9134
BANNED

@car_crazy1400; welcome to the Android club. You have bought an excellent unit.

Let me suggest a couple of things - Join XDA-developers.com and also root your Galaxy. You find excellent and sane advice on XDA. I will suggest rooting and installing a good ercovery like Clockwork mod.

The biggest fun with android is endless customisation, with far more Apps than even the Apple Store.

There are also some independent lines of the OS which I will definitely not advise at the moment.

I myself have an htc Incredible 2 (CDMA) and an htc Wildfire S (GSM) both rooted (of course).
Old 18th May 2012, 09:20   #9135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepy View Post
Need some quick help guys, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask for.

I bought a HTC INSPIRE 4G from AT&T in the U.S. Call it bad luck or me being careless, I Lost the phone here in Hyderabad two days ago. Is there anyway I could get the phone back. A friend of mine found his lost Iphone wih the help of Hyderabad Cyber Police. He tells me that the police here have techy equipment which can track lost smart phones.

A few pointers
1. The phone is locked by AT&T. (no other SIM card can be used in the phone)
2. The phone has not been rooted.
3. The phone has Lookout installed, which proved to be useless here in India.

I know the chances of me getting my phone back are slim. But I'd be willing to give it a try anyways.

Thanks,
Sree
Chances are there if you are aware of your IMEI number. Do lodge a complaint at the local police station and they will forward to cyber cell. Is there a SIM in the phone? If roaming is enabled, you can of course try lookout. Why it is not working in India?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks