Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2013, 21:49   #16276
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Why low possibility. If there is corrosion at the contact area, it can cause current drop, right?
Its possible definitely. But with USB, I have not heard that many cases. Hence was thinking might be less of possibility. Looks like I need to see more wires!

To be frank: with so many gadgets purchased, I have a good collection of mini and micro USB cables. And I maintain them well. So never seen such a problem personally. But yes contact resistance increase can surely be a good reason.
Old 17th September 2013, 21:56   #16277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Good point. I have no idea. Charging time should not have changed.

Again I can only venture to guess: Any thing to do with the contacts? I do agree suddenly the resistance cant change just like that unless something physically snapped inside. And assuming the charger is correct, the only other I can think about is some increase in contact resistance over time. Please don't flame me for this. I am just thinking loud and its pure guess work. Thats also seems quite low a possibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Why low possibility. If there is corrosion at the contact area, it can cause current drop, right?

If,by corrosion at contact points you meant rust, then its highly unlikely since the contacts will sow the rust formation!

Tried to attract the contact of the cable to a magnet. It refuses to stick. Maybe its not steel!
Old 17th September 2013, 22:08   #16278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
If,by corrosion at contact points you meant rust, then its highly unlikely since the contacts will sow the rust formation!

Why rusting? Even dirt collected can add to resistance. So it is not corrosion alone.
Old 17th September 2013, 22:49   #16279
BHPian

Friends, please advice. I was looking to buy a nexus 4, but just today it has gone out of stock in the US. Not that i was planning to get it from the US, but still it indicates that the phone is being discontinued. In this case should i buy the phone coz i really like the specs and the hardware of the phone so, do not want to miss buying it. Further could anyone suggest the right place to buy the phone from, in India. Thanks.
Old 17th September 2013, 22:54   #16280
Team-BHP Support

If you are ok with 16 GB (max) of space and a shitty camera, go for the Nexus4. I am a very happy user.

I also got it from the US, but had to wait for it to be in stock. Can you wait ?
Old 17th September 2013, 22:58   #16281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
If you are ok with 16 GB (max) of space and a shitty camera, go for the Nexus4. I am a very happy user.

I also got it from the US, but had to wait for it to be in stock. Can you wait ?
You can't wait anymore. Nexus 4 is never coming back. New Nexus (4 or 5) will be announced sometime next month.
Old 17th September 2013, 22:59   #16282
Team-BHP Support

Oh is it ? What is the expected price point ?
Old 17th September 2013, 23:05   #16283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi

You can't wait anymore. Nexus 4 is never coming back. New Nexus (4 or 5) will be announced sometime next month.
Not yet confirmed by Google about the phone not coming back. It is a big probability that they are exhausting the stocks tll the nexus 5 arrives, but I still feel that they will keep selling the 4. Why, because nexus 5 will be in the phablet category ( imo).
Still, anyone please suggest me the best price and place to buy the nexus 4 from India.
Old 17th September 2013, 23:20   #16284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Oh is it ? What is the expected price point ?
Expected price point is typical Nexus pricing. $299 for 8GB and $349 for 16GB in US. May be they'll have 16GB and 32GB this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Not yet confirmed by Google about the phone not coming back. It is a big probability that they are exhausting the stocks tll the nexus 5 arrives, but I still feel that they will keep selling the 4. Why, because nexus 5 will be in the phablet category ( imo).
Still, anyone please suggest me the best price and place to buy the nexus 4 from India.
It's not confirmed officially by Google but some Googlers have confirmed with The Verge that Nexus 4 is not coming back. This is what they do with old Nexus device when new one is coming. They did the same thing last year with Galaxy Nexus when Nexus 4 was about to be announced. Remember that Nexus 4 is a reference device for developers and not for consumers. Google doesn't market Nexus 4 at all. They need only 1 reference device for developers at a time. Right now 5 inch 1080p screens are standard for flagship devices, so that's what Nexus will have I think (leaks also confirm the same - 5 inch screen in Nexus 4 body).

Moto X is Google's consumer device, which they are marketing like anything here in the US.
Old 17th September 2013, 23:33   #16285
Senior - BHPian

Nexus 4 16GB now out of stock on Google Play, too

The Verge is reporting*via a "trusted source" that this is the end of the road for the Nexus 4 in the U.S., and that no new N4 stock will be arriving.

Source : http://m.androidcentral.com/nexus-4-...oogle-play-too
Old 17th September 2013, 23:39   #16286
Senior - BHPian

Isn't the new Nexus 5 is also going to be LG phone, ie Similar to LG Optimus G2? Or there have been any change to the plan?
Old 17th September 2013, 23:43   #16287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Isn't the new Nexus 5 is also going to be LG phone, ie Similar to LG Optimus G2? Or there have been any change to the plan?
According to all the leaks so far, yes. New Nexus is going to be an LG phone.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/09...en-clock-font/
Old 18th September 2013, 08:34   #16288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My defy+ button lights are failing. First there were four, then three, now, a couple of days more and it is only two. The buttons still work. Phone is only 19 months old.
It happens to a lot of people using CM based builds. Same is the case with my wife's Defy which has only one button lighting up. I am almost sure that its a software issue as I have noticed that every time I go to 2nd init, the next boot other lights also start working for a couple days.
Old 18th September 2013, 08:59   #16289
BHPian

Guys please tell me which one is a better buy between Galaxy Ace 3 and Galaxy S3 mini. I am really confused. Hope to hear soon.

Regards
Old 18th September 2013, 09:23   #16290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Friends, please advice. I was looking to buy a nexus 4, but just today it has gone out of stock in the US.
gsmarena has confirmed that Nexus 4 has been discontinued in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys please tell me which one is a better buy between Galaxy Ace 3 and Galaxy S3 mini. I am really confused. Hope to hear soon.
Both are identical, flip a coin and decide.

BTW, both are not officially available in India. Are you planning to get it from abroad ?

If budget is not an issue, go for S4 mini.

Rohan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks