Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2014, 16:54   #17776
Senior - BHPian

^If you wait for Moto X you will still be waiting for a below par camera. The likes of Moto and LG still have to pull up their socks when it comes to the camera.
Old 27th February 2014, 19:37   #17777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Thanks for your response, Harshal.

The problem with Nexus 5 32 GB is 1) Its 34k and slightly out of my budget, 2) it hasn't got expandable memory and removable battery and 3) Most importantly - Nexus 5 camera is below par when compared to competetion and certainly noway near Galaxy S4 camera.

I can undertand Vanilla OS being super quick - but then i am not a gamer or do a lot of CPU intensive work on the Mobile - so i guess S4 should be more than sufficient even with the OS layer. What with KitKat already starting to roll out for S4, it makes even more strong case for itself.

But yes, if i was looking to buy in range of 15-20k, i would have gone for Moto G with eyes closed. Simply the best phone in that range - period. But in 30k range, i still feel S4 has an edge over competetion, all things considered.
I also upgraded from a single core processor to a quad core. Nexus S to the 5.
The camera isn't bad at all except in very low light conditions. To me it is acceptable. My friends who use the S4 were unhappy with the lag on the phone despite the mighty processor,not too sure if its fixed now with KitKat update. The nexus 5 flies through whatever you may throw at it. Camera also gets OIS compared to S4 though S4 may have the edge in overall quality.
If you have to buy the S4 suggest you wait a month or 2. Prices will go down once S5 is launched.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 27th February 2014 at 19:39.
Old 28th February 2014, 00:11   #17778
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Allright, I dropped my Note 2 and cracked the outer glass of the screen. The touch still works perfectly. Funnily enough, Samsung asks me to replace the complete display - i.e. the touchscreen and outer glass for Rs. 7000!

Any pointers on cheaper repair options? National market guys are highly unreliable and out of question!
Old 28th February 2014, 00:15   #17779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Allright, I dropped my Note 2 and cracked the outer glass of the screen. The touch still works perfectly. Funnily enough, Samsung asks me to replace the complete display - i.e. the touchscreen and outer glass for Rs. 7000!

Any pointers on cheaper repair options? National market guys are highly unreliable and out of question!
Had it been any other phone, you could have done away with replacing just the glass.

Since this is a NOTE 2, which has a wacom digitizer, I doubt you have any other optio but to replace the whole screen.
Old 28th February 2014, 00:33   #17780
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post

Hi,
since your touch works, You may just buy the glass and then do the replacement yourself.

you can buy the glass from here : http://chennai.olx.in/admir-replacem...-iid-560209175

and the video guide on how to replace a broken glass and replacing it, is here:

I just want to warn you that, i have no idea about the authenticity of the seller. You may have to contact the seller yourself and find out. The glass wouldnt cost more than 1-2k.

Good luck
Old 28th February 2014, 18:53   #17781
Senior - BHPian

Got a Note 3 4G LTE. This version is not sold by Samsung in India.
Upgraded from S3.
Its a very fast fone and very versatile. I I particularly find the Spen very functional.
Camera quality is stunning and HD video captures very stunning video.
Can someone recommend a suitable 4G/3G toggle app to disable 4G while in India. I couldnt locate a one that would work.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 28th February 2014 at 18:54.
Old 28th February 2014, 19:20   #17782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I miss a few widgets I had on my Galaxy S2 like the weather and Alarm widget. Is there anyway of getting the same on Nexus 5?
I used to use the 'News and Weather' widget on my Nexus 4 home screen. But I've now discovered 'Simple RSS Widget' and am since using it. Highly recommended. I configured all the RSS feeds I need (you can pick from a ready menu+add other feeds by giving the RSS feed URL - such as for Google news, blogs you follow, etc). The widget appearance is customisable and non obtrusive-kind of translucent, so that it sits without totally blocking the wall paper. Best of all - it also has a lock screen widget! All the news I want at my finger tips!

I also use Dash clock widget and various extensions of the widget, such as for weather, battery, storage, emai/messages/whatsapp, etc. Brilliant product.
Old 28th February 2014, 22:46   #17783
BHPian

Hi everyone,
So I use a HTC one dual sim and I performed a reset on the device today and ever since that the device is not connecting to any wifi be it my home or office, it saves the connection after entering the password and the. Shows disabled. Totally clueless, performed another reset but to no avail.
However when I create a personal hotspot through my iphone using my wifi the htc connects to the hotspot effortlessly and everything works fine. Anyone has any clue about what I may be missing.
Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 05:19   #17784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
Hi everyone,
So I use a HTC one dual sim and I performed a reset on the device today and ever since that the device is not connecting to any wifi be it my home or office.
However when I create a personal hotspot through my iphone using my wifi the htc connects to the hotspot effortlessly and everything works fine.
It could be an issue with security settings incompatibility- WPA2, WEP. Please check that security setting of router and phone are same.
Old 1st March 2014, 10:24   #17785
BHPian

My home network shows "secured with Wpa" what further steps should I take.
Old 1st March 2014, 12:21   #17786
BHPian

Quote:
My home network shows "secured with Wpa" what further steps should I take.
I don't know about your phone settings; but usually you have an option to select security settings when you add a WiFi network to your phone. Here you can select WPA rather than WEP. If security selection option isn't shown, try "forgetting" this WiFi connection and manually adding it.
Old 1st March 2014, 14:58   #17787
BHPian

Have tried everything, what's frustrating is that it connects to a hotspot created by my iPhone and everything else also works fine. I am sure it's some setting option that I am missing.
Old 1st March 2014, 16:04   #17788
BHPian

A screenshot attached for reference.
Old 1st March 2014, 16:06   #17789
BHPian

Screen shot attached for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1393670154297.jpg  

Old 1st March 2014, 16:51   #17790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have tried everything, what's frustrating is that it connects to a hotspot created by my iPhone and everything else also works fine. I am sure it's some setting option that I am missing.
Just taking a shot in the dark.

Do you have any other wireless enabled devices in your house? The reason i ask is, I have a baby monitor i got from China for my little one and it runs on Channel 1 @ 2.4Ghz. The moment thats turned on, all our devices go off the Wifi. The Wifi starts acting up.

I have been trying to find a turn around to this problem since last 10 days but unable to get through.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks