Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2011, 12:16   #2776
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

@Shamanth,

I got through this time after crashing the installation, entered the emergency code and now its on Froyo. But my fear has come true, Swype is not working I've checked the settings and everything was normal.

I couldn't find any performance difference, I guess its become bit more slow due to the low RAM. Will try uninstalling some of the idle softwares and update here.
Old 19th April 2011, 13:02   #2777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The LG PC Suite 4 that comes with the P500 is simply the MOST CRAPPIEST PIECE of software.

It recognises or does not recognise the phone - according to it's won fancy moods.

I cannot sync anything, can;t back up anything via the PC suite.

I checked on the LG site and it allowed me to check if an update was available for the Optimus - it says update available. I downloaded the LG mobile updater tool - which matches the PC Suite for CRAPPINESS.

And when it loads it loads in Korean or some other unkwon language. There is no Optimus One listed so I cannot even copy the drivers before I update my phone software.

Then I used My Phone Explorer - superb but you need to have debugging mode on.

The question is - how do I get the PC Suite working clearly and can I use the Phone Explorer to update the mobile phone software ?
Though there are lot of negative comments about the LG PC suite, I have never faced any problem with it so far, though I use it only for s/w update. I have installed it on my laptop with Win XP Professional. I hope you have downloaded the LG USB drivers for the s/w to recognize your phone. Even the update to V10E took only around 30 mins this morning and the only thing I had to do was to start the phone manually after the update is done. I always enable the USB debugging mode and USB storage on after I connect to the laptop for the updates. Also it works only out of one USB port ( out of the 3 ) from my laptop ( the same issue is there for a lot of external devices that I connect using USB port and so I always use that one port). I have not digged into the the reasons for it.
Old 19th April 2011, 14:23   #2778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The LG PC Suite 4 that comes with the P500 is simply the MOST CRAPPIEST PIECE of software.

It recognises or does not recognise the phone - according to it's won fancy moods.

I checked on the LG site and it allowed me to check if an update was available for the Optimus - it says update available. I downloaded the LG mobile updater tool - which matches the PC Suite for CRAPPINESS.

And when it loads it loads in Korean or some other unkwon language. There is no Optimus One listed so I cannot even copy the drivers before I update my phone software.

The question is - how do I get the PC Suite working clearly and can I use the Phone Explorer to update the mobile phone software ?
uninstall all LG software from your PC, download the latest updater tool from their website , it will install all required drivers and , then it should be good to go.

I updated to v10e this morning and everything worked fine the first time as it should.
Old 19th April 2011, 14:29   #2779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Same can be said of the HTC Sync, as Clevermax mentioned in the "Android applications" thread, it is really pre-historic and outdated. It doesn't even recognises my phone most of the times.
I have since uninstalled it after getting hooked to "My phone Explorer".

Quote:
Why do you want to update the phone using "MPE" or the LG suite?
Can't you update the OS OTA?
My Wildfire came with 2.1 and I updated it 2.2 OTA.
Goto "settings> About phone>system software update . It will check for update, if any and will download it via wifi or GPRS depending on your data connection and install it too.
Old 19th April 2011, 15:34   #2780
BANNED

Samsung Galaxy/Android must be good. Apple are suing Samsung for copying the look and feel of the iPhone!
Old 19th April 2011, 16:20   #2781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Same can be said of the HTC Sync, as Clevermax mentioned in the "Android applications" thread, it is really pre-historic and outdated. It doesn't even recognises my phone most of the times.
I have since uninstalled it after getting hooked to "My phone Explorer".

Goto "settings> About phone>system software update . It will check for update, if any and will download it via wifi or GPRS depending on your data connection and install it too.
No, LG doesn't provide OTA updates. It has an update notification task that checks for updates once in a while and then instructs us to connect and update using LG Mobile update s/w.
Old 19th April 2011, 18:02   #2782
BHPian

Same here Swype is not working on my Galaxy 3 after the froyo update

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th April 2011 at 18:51. Reason: removed incorrect quote tag. Please quote properly next time.
Old 19th April 2011, 20:43   #2783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
This option is not there on the LG P500
Old 19th April 2011, 21:34   #2784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Though there are lot of negative comments about the LG PC suite, I have never faced any problem with it so far, though I use it only for s/w update. I have installed it on my laptop with Win XP Professional. I hope you have downloaded the LG USB drivers for the s/w to recognize your phone. Even the update to V10E took only around 30 mins this morning and the only thing I had to do was to start the phone manually after the update is done. I always enable the USB debugging mode and USB storage on after I connect to the laptop for the updates. Also it works only out of one USB port ( out of the 3 ) from my laptop ( the same issue is there for a lot of external devices that I connect using USB port and so I always use that one port). I have not digged into the the reasons for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
uninstall all LG software from your PC, download the latest updater tool from their website , it will install all required drivers and , then it should be good to go.

I updated to v10e this morning and everything worked fine the first time as it should.
Tried both your suggestions and every other one via Google Maharaj.

Nothing seems to work :(

Any further clues ?
Old 20th April 2011, 05:58   #2785
BHPian

Quote:

Any further clues ?
One question - when you connect your phone to your system, does it show up in windows explorer and if so what is it getting displayed as?
Old 20th April 2011, 10:09   #2786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any further clues ?
need more detail, did the updater install properly ?
did it detect your phone after that ?
what happened exactly
Old 20th April 2011, 11:04   #2787
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android applications

Guys, anybody tired the google voice search option on the phone.
I installed it yesterday and it worked like charm for the google searches. But then there is a video on youtube that says that you can even send text, emails, navigate, etc by using voice.
Couldn't find how to set it up? any pointers.
There is a app too in the market called "voice actions" by pannus,that claims that it can do everything and even better than google voice but the issue is, it supports only US English while the google voice search supports Indian English and hence easy to personalise and the accuracy is also good.
Old 20th April 2011, 11:10   #2788
BANNED

Quote:

LG PC suite doent work for me even after latest update. I am using windows 7.

What is your operating system? as My Phone Explorer is also not working for me
Old 20th April 2011, 11:59   #2789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
need more detail, did the updater install properly ?
did it detect your phone after that ?
what happened exactly
Everything installed correctly. LG pc suite recognised the phone - then I clecked check for software update for mobile phone - it took some time and came back with a error saying "check for update" not ticked - I went to settings and ticked it. The I checked for update again - and PC suite crashed. LGUX.exe has encountered a problem !

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
LG PC suite doent work for me even after latest update. I am using windows 7.

What is your operating system? as My Phone Explorer is also not working for me
I use Windows XP - SP2 - Myphone explorer works perfect for me.
Old 20th April 2011, 12:17   #2790
BHPian

Re: Android applications

I am new this world. Please can let me know which app to load for ....
1. Profile, Like nokia we used have meeting/general...
2. Some Map.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks