Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 15:44   #2761
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
"My phone Explorer" has this feature and is wonderful, just keep refreshing and the it will keep taking the screenshot and you can save it as .jpg files.
Yes it does it beautifully. So easy to use.

Here's a screenshot of my new desktop layout in my HTC Desire
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-desk.jpg

Note that you may need to root your phone in order for screen capture software to work within the phone itself.
Old 18th April 2011, 17:06   #2762
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Anyone has an idea if its possible to install apps on the Memory Card on the X10?
Old 18th April 2011, 17:26   #2763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Note that you may need to root your phone in order for screen capture software to work within the phone itself.

What does "root your phone" mean? I come across that term often in various forums and need some gyan!!
Old 18th April 2011, 17:32   #2764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
What does "root your phone" mean? I come across that term often in various forums and need some gyan!!
in simple words, rooting means giving you superuser(admin) access to your phone. So you can have access to all system files. Helps you load custom roms and the likes.
Old 18th April 2011, 17:43   #2765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
In the 3rd attempt 2.2 upgrade on Galaxy 3 was successful. Now the phone is fast and lot of new feature. Can make phone a wifi modem!
Hi,

Is there any specific procedure in upgrading to Froyo other than Kies auto update once the phone is connected?

I've unmounted the SD Card, started Kies, connected the phone to PC, Kies is prompting that new update is available proceed or not. Is this the procedure?

Its getting terminated while the installation procedure was 55% complete for the first time, showing a message that "operation was timed out" and keeps on terminating at different levels of installation. Am I missing anything here?
Old 18th April 2011, 17:54   #2766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Hi,

Is there any specific procedure in upgrading to Froyo other than Kies auto update once the phone is connected?

I've unmounted the SD Card, started Kies, connected the phone to PC, Kies is prompting that new update is available proceed or not. Is this the procedure?

Its getting terminated while the installation procedure was 55% complete for the first time, showing a message that "operation was timed out" and keeps on terminating at different levels of installation. Am I missing anything here?
Yes, that is the procedure. Just keep trying, Mine was successful in 2nd attempt, after i got timed out 1st time.
Old 18th April 2011, 18:04   #2767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Yes, that is the procedure. Just keep trying, Mine was successful in 2nd attempt, after i got timed out 1st time.
Seems Samsung server is too busy with G3 users Will give a try tomorrow.

BTW, after migrating to 2.2 some says they lost the swype how about you? Everything is normal? And what about the apps installed?
Old 18th April 2011, 18:18   #2768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
in simple words, rooting means giving you superuser(admin) access to your phone. So you can have access to all system files. Helps you load custom roms and the likes.
Thanks, so how do i get to root my phone - I have a Samsung Galaxy 3!
Old 18th April 2011, 18:43   #2769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, so how do i get to root my phone - I have a Samsung Galaxy 3!
i don't know if your galaxy 3 is a i5800 or i5801. but you can use z4root or superoneclick.

here is how

(GUIDE)How to root galaxy 3[i5800/i5801] on 2.2 froyo?? - xda-developers

Galaxy 3 GT-i5800: root, gps fix, lagfix, upgrading (JPM/JPD fw) - xda-developers

Root / Unroot Samsung Galaxy 3 Running Android 2.2 FroYo

i have used superoneclick for my galaxy S. works great. can also enable non-market apps. I would recommend superoneclick.

hope this helps.
Old 18th April 2011, 19:05   #2770
Senior - BHPian

@chevelle: Thanks. I'm running Android 2.1. Will give it a try when i'm a little free!
Old 18th April 2011, 22:39   #2771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Seems Samsung server is too busy with G3 users Will give a try tomorrow.

BTW, after migrating to 2.2 some says they lost the swype how about you? Everything is normal? And what about the apps installed?
Yes, in my phone everything is working swype and all other applications, its just normal with all 2.2 additional features.
Old 18th April 2011, 23:05   #2772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
Any LG P500 (optimus one) user got the latest update. I am on ver 2.2.2 version v10d and when I connect it says a new version available. Any update on what update is this?
Hello!

Same problem here. I assumed that the 2.3 was available for the P500 and connected the phone, downloaded the upgrade (which took like a bl***y 4 hours or so!!), did the upgrade and even lost my phone one time. Fearing that I had bricked it, I fearfully connected it back - said the upgrade was complete but it just says that the version is now 2.2.2.

I wanted the 2.3 (with the better keyboard and much better battery life). Anyone successfully upgraded to 2.3 on this phone?
Old 19th April 2011, 10:57   #2773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Hello!

Same problem here. I assumed that the 2.3 was available for the P500 and connected the phone, downloaded the upgrade (which took like a bl***y 4 hours or so!!), did the upgrade and even lost my phone one time. Fearing that I had bricked it, I fearfully connected it back - said the upgrade was complete but it just says that the version is now 2.2.2.

I wanted the 2.3 (with the better keyboard and much better battery life). Anyone successfully upgraded to 2.3 on this phone?
I updated mine to v10E this morning. No problems with the update.. But I am struggling hard to find what the new features/bug fixes are. Did a google search, couldn't find anything useful. Need to search on the LG site.
Old 19th April 2011, 11:26   #2774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@chevelle: Thanks. I'm running Android 2.1. Will give it a try when i'm a little free!
Pleasure. Do it at your own pace. no worries. though its a 2 min job.

make your phone go to download mode, connect to pc, run superoneclick, wait 1 min and voila! its done.
Old 19th April 2011, 12:04   #2775
Senior - BHPian

The LG PC Suite 4 that comes with the P500 is simply the MOST CRAPPIEST PIECE of software.

It recognises or does not recognise the phone - according to it's won fancy moods.

I cannot sync anything, can;t back up anything via the PC suite.

I checked on the LG site and it allowed me to check if an update was available for the Optimus - it says update available. I downloaded the LG mobile updater tool - which matches the PC Suite for CRAPPINESS.

And when it loads it loads in Korean or some other unkwon language. There is no Optimus One listed so I cannot even copy the drivers before I update my phone software.

Then I used My Phone Explorer - superb but you need to have debugging mode on.

The question is - how do I get the PC Suite working clearly and can I use the Phone Explorer to update the mobile phone software ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks