Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2011, 13:35   #2731
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Got my Incredible S yesterday! Haven't explored much, but i must say HTC Sense is really nice. It looks and works better that what i had seen in all those reviews. My colleague's Nexus One looks like a Plain Jane without all those bells and whistles from HTC Sense. From outside this looks like a brick , but you must switch it on to appreciate this.

In HTC Sense, liked the multiple scene mode with pre-configured home screens, also the different skins. One thing that puts me off with most vanilla androids is the generous amounts of gray splashed around. So skins is a welcome feature.

Haven't explored other features much. But so far i like this.
Congrats, and welcome to the team
I also see a Fiat in your avatar. I already like you

P.S.: Just to unilaterally extend help - I ordered a case from Cell Phone Accessories - DayDeal.com ($9+$3 for shipping). In case the gamble works, I'll let you guys know.
Old 15th April 2011, 14:37   #2732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
You can check out the comparo here: Compare LG Optimus One P500 vs Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670

Personally, I don't think there is a need to stretch till 15k. The features will pretty much remain the same save for a few ghz of boost in processor.
Agreed, barring minor compromises, both these phones look good. I have seen all the comparos and reviews, but am interested to know that how either of these phones would hold up after a few months of use. Since, they have now been around for a few months, I am hoping people have some experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
You can get the LG P500 for just 10249/ from
Buy LG OPTIMUS ONE with Google P500 at Best Price in India

If you are a reliance customer you can have it for 8712/- after 15% discount.

And ICICI card holders can claim 10% on list price.
Thanks for pointing out the deals. This is tempting, and very well within my budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Any feedback on the B7722 DUOS would be good to know.
I am still hoping to see if anyone has any first hand or second hand experience on this phone. Is this Bada or Android?
Old 15th April 2011, 15:36   #2733
BANNED

Re: Android applications

Thanks for input.

"My phone explorer" is showing a obex error.

Yet to try rest of applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
"My phone explorer", I have not tried it, but seems it's quite nice.

I use Total Recall and that's the only thing that works for me. ( I have optimus one too )

Did you try the N-Drive that comes along? You need gps for it to work. There is a one time download which is quite bulky, but after that it doesn't need gprs. Apart from that I have read about sygic maps and brut maps though never tried them.
Old 15th April 2011, 16:06   #2734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Agreed, barring minor compromises, both these phones look good. I have seen all the comparos and reviews, but am interested to know that how either of these phones would hold up after a few months of use. Since, they have now been around for a few months, I am hoping people have some experience...

Thanks for pointing out the deals. This is tempting, and very well within my budget.

I am still hoping to see if anyone has any first hand or second hand experience on this phone. Is this Bada or Android?

Have a look:
Samsung B7722 - Full phone specifications

You can have a full review from here. I guess its running on Bada.
Old 15th April 2011, 16:12   #2735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Have a look:
Samsung B7722 - Full phone specifications

You can have a full review from here. I guess its running on Bada.
I dont think the B7722 runs on Bada. It is a feature phone and runs neither Bada nor Android. It just runs on TouchWiz.
Old 15th April 2011, 16:26   #2736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I dont think the B7722 runs on Bada. It is a feature phone and runs neither Bada nor Android. It just runs on TouchWiz.

Yes, The Samsung B7722 runs on TouchWiz 2.0 Plus, just confirmed from the above link.
Old 15th April 2011, 17:21   #2737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Thats a superb device SilentEngine. I would have got this device instead of my Desire HD had it been available in Feb. Have fun!
Thanks Hiren! With all these new launches, it can become quite tricky to pick the right phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
Congrats, and welcome to the team
I also see a Fiat in your avatar. I already like you
Thanks e1t1bet!
How's your incredible doing? Any update on battery usage so far?

I connected blue&me today to my phone. It synced the contacts, however i wasn't able to make calls if the contact number did not have a leading + in the number. My previous phone (Nokia) had no such issues.
Old 15th April 2011, 17:35   #2738
BHPian

Hi All,

Just wanted to share good news . It looks like SAMSUNG has launched 2.2 for Galaxy 3 phone ....

I just cant wait to get home and get the latest one.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i580...views-3395.php

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 15th April 2011 at 17:45.
Old 15th April 2011, 17:39   #2739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hi All,

Just wanted to share good news . It looks like SAMSUNG has launched 2.2 for Galaxy 3 phone ....

I just cant wait to get home and get the latest one.
Wow man, that is really some good news for me. Had started to hate samsung for not giving update. So we can connect Kies and update or on the air ?

Last edited by shamanth : 15th April 2011 at 17:40.
Old 15th April 2011, 17:48   #2740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth
Wow man, that is really some good news for me. Had started to hate samsung for not giving update. So we can connect Kies and update or on the air ?
Only though Kies ...
Old 15th April 2011, 19:39   #2741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post

Thanks e1t1bet!
How's your incredible doing? Any update on battery usage so far?

I connected blue&me today to my phone. It synced the contacts, however i wasn't able to make calls if the contact number did not have a leading + in the number. My previous phone (Nokia) had no such issues.
Best phone I have owned.. sorry, used
Battery is great with a bit of care. Been using it heavily, out of excitement. Just clocked 11 hours, with 40% to go. I am using juice defender.
(Sent from the phone BTW)
Old 15th April 2011, 23:40   #2742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Only though Kies ...
While upgrading Galaxy 3, got the message update failed couple of times. Any luck in your side?
Old 16th April 2011, 13:47   #2743
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday bought Samsung Galaxy pop for my sister. Paid 9.2k for the phone, is this a good price as didn't do any market search and bought it on a jiffy.
The phone looks pretty decent and fast for a cheap phone (actually faster compared to my crappy Galaxy S which still crawling after 2.2 upgrade). The Power button is much better to use and even the home button has a nice feel. Would've loved to have touch buttons the return and menu hard buttons instead. Resolution is not good but again one shouldn't compare a 9k phone to a 30k phone. The notification tones are loud enough.
Changed the launcher to Launcher Pro from Touchwiz. Working fine. Loaded Angry Birds and I was expecting it won't run properly but it was running without a hitch. Overall nice little phone for a good price.
Old 16th April 2011, 17:51   #2744
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Normally the Kies based update though easy requires reinstallation of all apps, etc. You can go to the site and look for the update for Mac. This is a executable file which loads on the card, and can then be installed easily without having to reload the apps etc.
Old 16th April 2011, 18:11   #2745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Normally the Kies based update though easy requires reinstallation of all apps, etc. You can go to the site and look for the update for Mac. This is a executable file which loads on the card, and can then be installed easily without having to reload the apps etc.
Not true, i upgraded to 2.2 from 2.1 on my Galaxy S through KIES and all the apps were still there and i didnt have to reinstall them.

Most Viewed