Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2014, 19:12   #17881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post

2. Screen. Both the screens were set on AUTO and mine felt a tad faded compared to his. Mine is just 3 months old device.
Are you using a screen guard? If yes, maybe that might a reason why your screen appears to be faded, compared to his.
Old 14th March 2014, 19:28   #17882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Are you using a screen guard? If yes, maybe that might a reason why your screen appears to be faded, compared to his.
Hi,

No screen guard. Using the phone as it is. I know its quite strange but I will surely try and get a pic next time I meet him
Old 15th March 2014, 20:42   #17883
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Take a look at the following two. They appear fairly sleek and won't add much bulk I guess.
Decided on the Ringke Fusion (Rearth) back bumper finally, using it since 3 days (Rs.849) - http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00EPLTFIS/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_C

It does not add any bulk to the phone, very slim and snugly fits onto the edges of the phone, happy with this.
Enhanced aesthetics with a nice arty graphic (painting) for the clear screen back cover courtesy my little artist at home.

Last edited by NPV : 15th March 2014 at 20:45.
Old 15th March 2014, 23:04   #17884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Enhanced aesthetics with a nice arty graphic (painting) for the clear screen back cover courtesy my little artist at home.
Thanks for the update. I will order the same then. The white back panel is already getting dirty.
Old 18th March 2014, 14:17   #17885
BHPian

Moto g users, please update on the performance front of the device after weeks of usage. Any reliability issues etc? Will be buying it in a couple of days. Any do's and don'ts?
h@r$h@l might be able to help me out here.
Old 18th March 2014, 14:42   #17886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Moto g users, please update on the performance front of the device after weeks of usage. Any reliability issues etc? Will be buying it in a couple of days. Any do's and don'ts?
I have Global GSM Single SIM variant bought from US. I have been using it for close to 2 months. Absolutely no problems. Upgraded to Kitkat as soon as I got the phone. No issues there as well. Battery life is good (24hrs + ) for my moderate use (Wifi on for about 8 hrs), 2G , Facebook, Whatsapp, Newshunt, Google Play news, Gmail, YahooMail, etc on all the time. Temple Run 2 runs smoothly.

Generally, very positive experience and very nifty performance.

@h@r$h@l can add his view. He bought it few weeks before me.

Last edited by dmplog : 18th March 2014 at 14:44. Reason: added
Old 18th March 2014, 14:47   #17887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

The phone is an absolute VFM. Go for it blind foldedly. Kitkat out of the box, vanila OS, super smooth interface, no Lag, amazing battery life, better display than a lot of phones which cost 50% more than this.

Cons :

NO SD Card
Weight - Yes Moto G is on the heavier side. Bulk is felt if you are the one who keeps the phone in shirt pocket.

I have been facing the "Camera Error" issue more often lately. Give it a restart and its good to go. Dont know if that issue is with All / Most Moto G or just mine. Been using this phone since around 20th Dec 2013. NO regrets.

Ya, Pls do go in for the 16GB Variant. For ₹1500 more its a better buy.

Made one discovery today. Or may be it was my ignorance. I didn't know Moto G had USB OTG. I just tried it today and .

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20140318145114.png

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 18th March 2014 at 14:56.
Old 18th March 2014, 16:09   #17888
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using Galaxy S2 with KitKat?

I tried installing Resurrection Remix v5.0.0 (Android 4.4.2), but it fails to detect the SD Card and internal storage. If I remove the external SD Card, it works fine and the internal storage is detected. Is anyone aware of this?

Right now, switched back to RR v4.0.6 (Android 4.2.2).
Old 18th March 2014, 16:41   #17889
Senior - BHPian

Moto X launching tomorrow at Rs. 24000 on Flipkart.
I find the price to be higher by about Rs. 2000.
Expect a muted response this time.
Old 18th March 2014, 18:03   #17890

Quote:
I bought it on the launch date. After 25 days of use i got a vertical line on my display. Called up flipkart and motorola service. Motorola asked me to get the phone to their service centre. A day later flipkart technical assistance called and instructed me to reset the phone after saving my data. Did that but the line wouldnt go. Then FK sent a replacement phone and took back the old one. Iam using the new one for the past 13 days. So far no issues.
Old 18th March 2014, 18:15   #17891
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Moto X launching tomorrow at Rs. 24000 on Flipkart.
I find the price to be higher by about Rs. 2000.
Isn't it still way better than the Nexus 5? For 6k or thereabouts cheaper.

And cross posting since am in a hurry: The best tiniest footprint power bank + charger (2 in one - should be possible to charge the phone through the power bank as it charges on a socket) available in the market? Recommendation and where do I get it? I don't mind something at about 5,000 MAH capacity, but a 2A output charge is mandatory!
Old 19th March 2014, 10:02   #17892
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Moto X launching tomorrow at Rs. 24000 on Flipkart. I find the price to be higher by about Rs. 2000.
Strange though that Flipkart mentions it as a quad-core device but the specifications of the phone reveals it as dual-core.
Old 19th March 2014, 11:36   #17893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Strange though that Flipkart mentions it as a quad-core device but the specifications of the phone reveals it as dual-core.
Where did you read Quad Core?

Just got this from FK site

KEY FEATURES OF MOTO X (16 GB) (BLACK)
10 MP Quick Capture Gesture Primary Camera
1.7 GHz Dual Core Krait CPU
Water-repellent Coating
2 Years 50 GB Free Storage Google Drive
Moto X Respond to Voice
Miracast Wireless Display
NFC Support
Touchless Control: OK Google Now
16 GB Internal Memory
Android v4.4 (KitKat) OS
4.7-inch AMOLED Touchscreen with Active Display

Regards,
Old 19th March 2014, 13:15   #17894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Isn't it still way better than the Nexus 5? For 6k or thereabouts cheaper.

And cross posting since am in a hurry: The best tiniest footprint power bank + charger (2 in one - should be possible to charge the phone through the power bank as it charges on a socket) available in the market? Recommendation and where do I get it? I don't mind something at about 5,000 MAH capacity, but a 2A output charge is mandatory!
Considering the landing cost of the device, Flipkart has a pretty good margin right now.
In worst case, they will hold for at least a couple of weeks before coming up with new offers.
The current cash back offer on EMI basically negates the interest rate charged by the bank on the loan. So, you just pay the full price in installments. That does not make it cheaper, just easier.

So, price correction is something that might happen if the response is not upto the mark. Motorola is notorious for pricing high and then having promo codes or offers after the sales figures go below expectations.

Also, add to the fact that the general public is not familiar with Motorola brand. You don't see any media advertising from Motorola. So, this brand does not have much valuation in India. So, if Samsung sells the same phone, they can command a better price.
Old 19th March 2014, 14:51   #17895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
The best tiniest footprint power bank + charger (2 in one - should be possible to charge the phone through the power bank as it charges on a socket) available in the market? Recommendation and where do I get it? I don't mind something at about 5,000 MAH capacity, but a 2A output charge is mandatory!
I bought one at Croma with the exact spec as you mentioned. iTEK was the make.

Cost - 2000 INR
capacity - 5600 mAH
can charge itself (input) and charge phone (output) simultaneously.
output in 1000 mAH and 2100 mAH.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks