Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2014, 22:20   #17656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
KitKat update available for Moto G now. Downloading now on my 1 week old 16GB Turquoise back slab.

Loving every bit of Moto G.
Did you get to check the USB OTG? Heard writing into the phone from a pendrive is possible and the viceversa isn't. Me awaiting delivery of my MotoG with fingers crossed.
Old 15th February 2014, 05:37   #17657
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
KitKat update available for Moto G now.
Yes, just completed downloading 230.7 MB download. Takes 5 minutes to update to Android 4.4.2. Yet to check all the enhancements.

Moto G rocks - display is awesome (Gorilla Glass with 300+ ppi). Thanks to Motorola and Flipkart for launching 16GB at this price. Value for money.
Old 15th February 2014, 11:49   #17658
BHPian

Just joined android bandwagon, need advice on best app for monitoring mileage
Old 15th February 2014, 11:59   #17659
BHPian

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...onewalker.acar

Best car management related app IMO
Old 16th February 2014, 10:47   #17660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Did you get to check the USB OTG? Heard writing into the phone from a pendrive is possible and the viceversa isn't. Me awaiting delivery of my MotoG with fingers crossed.
I tried this today. It works both ways.
Old 16th February 2014, 13:15   #17661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post

Moto G rocks - display is awesome (Gorilla Glass with 300+ ppi). Thanks to Motorola and Flipkart for launching 16GB at this price. Value for money.
The moto g seems awesome but what about after sales support? Motorola service is almost non existent. What is a customer supposed to do when there is a fault with the phone 2 or 3 months later?
Old 16th February 2014, 13:24   #17662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
The moto g seems awesome but what about after sales support? Motorola service is almost non existent. What is a customer supposed to do when there is a fault with the phone 2 or 3 months later?
It seems Google has ensured that there is at least one service center in each major city. When Flipkart delivered, along with the receipt, there was an additional sheet mentioning the service center address and telephone number to contact in case of issues. So there is a service center in Pune. Not sure about other cities.
Old 16th February 2014, 13:58   #17663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
It seems Google has ensured that there is at least one service center in each major city. When Flipkart delivered, along with the receipt, there was an additional sheet mentioning the service center address and telephone number to contact in case of issues. So there is a service center in Pune. Not sure about other cities.
Good to know that Google has made arrangements for customers regarding service support, but not sure if it will be available everywhere. One of the main gripes with owning a motorola phone is either the lack of functioning service centers or if a service center is available, getting parts takes an eternity.

Thanks.
Old 16th February 2014, 14:04   #17664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Good to know that Google has made arrangements for customers regarding service support, but not sure if it will be available everywhere. One of the main gripes with owning a motorola phone is either the lack of functioning service centers or if a service center is available, getting parts takes an eternity.

Thanks.
That was true only in the end (late 2012 or so). Else in mid 2011 and early 2012, the gurgaon service center was awesome (twice LCD repair within 20 mins to OEM finish!).

Surely now they would have taken care of this issue first
Old 16th February 2014, 19:48   #17665
Distinguished - BHPian

I have placed order for 16GB Moto G as a gift for my mother on the 8th February night. Since there is no option for cash on delivery at my place, I paid the price of the device upfront. And since then, the wait has been going on. Flipkart says that they'll despatch orders as soon as they get its supply. I contacted a relative of mine in US heading the Motorola project of Google (he was Google India head earlier) and he informed me after finding out that they've sent as many units as being requested by the sellers here in India. My question is that has anyone of the guys here received the 16GB device after placing order on 9th and beyond?

Last edited by BoneCollector : 16th February 2014 at 19:50.
Old 17th February 2014, 11:11   #17666
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got my hands on my new Nexus 5 32GB model, white colour. Got it from USA for 440$ including tax. The phone straightaway got to work by downloading all my apps from the old phone. Also upgraded to the latest version of android. How do I transfer my contacts and media ( pictures, songs and video) from my galaxy s2 to this?
Old 17th February 2014, 11:28   #17667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Finally got my hands on my new Nexus 5 32GB model, white colour. Got it from USA for 440$ including tax. The phone straightaway got to work by downloading all my apps from the old phone. Also upgraded to the latest version of android. How do I transfer my contacts and media ( pictures, songs and video) from my galaxy s2 to this?
Sync with S2 with gmail including contacts. Sync your nexus 5 with gmail including your contacts. Ta Da you have your contacts on the nexus 5
Old 17th February 2014, 12:02   #17668
BHPian

I bought a samsung S Duos 2 (GT-S7582) last week. I was trying to assign each contact in the phone a different ringtone and photo, but seems that option is not available. I don't see any options to add/edit photos for a contact or assign ringtones. Can someone help clarify if these options indeed available in this phone? Appreciate your help.
Old 17th February 2014, 12:52   #17669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Sync your existing contacts to your Gmail account. When you buy a Android phone contacts will come on the phone automatically

Option 1

If your contacts are stored locally in your BlackBerry handset, it's pretty easy to transfer them to a different smartphone on another platform. Connect your BlackBerry phone to your PC and fire up the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Save a backup of your contacts on your PC's hard disk in the CSV format.
Then, log in to your Gmail inbox via a Web browser and click on "Gmail" in the top left corner. Navigate to "Contacts" and go to More > Import. Import the CSV file that you saved earlier and you should see your contacts appear in your Google account.

Option 2

http://cellphones.about.com/od/howto...l-contacts.htm

The idea is to get all your contacts to your gmail. Once that is done, buy any android phone you want. Now in your android phone, just sync with this Gmail account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Do you have an option to export all your contacts from your BB as a .vcf file? It should be easy then. Otherwise, there is this app called ABC Amber vCard Converter that should help you transfer the contacts from a BB to another format. Please confirm.
Thank you friends, was able to transfer all the contacts to Gmail and now i'll be making the long awaited switch to android.
Old 17th February 2014, 14:13   #17670
Senior - BHPian

Mobile phones are going to be cheaper, since excise duty has been reduced from 12% to 8%. Please wait for a couple of days for the price cuts to be effective.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks