Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2022, 14:47   #31486
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Owners of Samsung A52s, I heard about some heating/battery/performance issues after Android 12 update. Are those issues still present or were they resolved with some updates?

Last edited by JonSnow : 1st May 2022 at 14:48. Reason: Punctuation
Old 2nd May 2022, 08:30   #31487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Guys really need some advice, had a bad day today.

However suddenly the screen on my S10+ has started misbehaving today. The bottom 1cm of the screen has gone completely white and is flickering. Don't think this is a software issue as it happens even when the phone restarts on the splash screen and also when in recovery. Tried restarting multiple times and also wiping the cache partition but no good. Pretty sure the screen needs replacing.

Help please with your suggestions!
A very common issues with Samsung Flagship phones. I lost my Galaxy s8 and not 9 to this exact issue.

Expensive flagship phones from Samsung are just not worth it anymore (Have owned S1, S3, note3, S7, S8, Note9). I have decided that it is time to switch over to Apple as Samsung flagships does not have a respectable contender in Android segment.
livyodream is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 08:34   #31488
BHPian

Recently I bought a RealMe Narzo 50A for my mother on the occasion of her birthday. While the phone is more than sufficient for her needs, I now need a phone for myself too.

I currently own a Redmi 7S for 3 years and want to change it now.

Questions are three: -

1. Can I install the outgoing 7S in my car as a "car-puter" and connect it to speakers, while using maps, Torque Pro?

2. What new phone for a maximum budget up to Re 18,000?

3. Any good brand excluding Apple, outside of the Chinese bandwagon? Motorola, Blackberry?
Old 2nd May 2022, 08:52   #31489
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post

1. Can I install the outgoing 7S in my car as a "car-puter" and connect it to speakers, while using maps, Torque Pro?

3. Any good brand excluding Apple, outside of the Chinese bandwagon? Motorola, Blackberry?
We have a thread on car-puters. You'll get better ideas there about question #1.

Except Samsung, there is no other mobile brand outside of China that is available in India. LG exited mobile business. Sony is way too overpriced.

Nokia is owned by HMC, a Chinese company. Motorola is owned by Lenovo.

Blackberry? Are they alive?
Old 2nd May 2022, 16:51   #31490
BHPian

Heating issue on S21 FE:

Hi,

I had almost finalized S21 FE for my wife and was planning to order in couple of weeks time.
Last week my BIL came from UK with this new S21 FE, which he is using for couple of months now in London. When he gave me his phone to check, I felt it to be little warm, so I removed the protecting cover and to my surprise phone was heating like anything, and no , he was not doing any heavy activity on phone, just clicked a few pics.

It was difficult to hold phone with bare hands, he was also surprised and experienced it for the first time , May be 40 degrees here in India is little too much for the phone. I am now little skeptical about the phone.

Has any one else faced similar issue? or any comments on this?

Last edited by INJAXN : 2nd May 2022 at 16:52. Reason: typos
Old 2nd May 2022, 18:49   #31491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Heating issue on S21 FE:

When he gave me his phone to check, I felt it to be little warm, so I removed the protecting cover and to my surprise phone was heating like anything, and no , he was not doing any heavy activity on phone, just clicked a few pics.

It was difficult to hold phone with bare hands, he was also surprised and experienced it for the first time , May be 40 degrees here in India is little too much for the phone. I am now little skeptical about the phone.

Has any one else faced similar issue? or any comments on this?
I have purchased the S21FE from India (Exynos variant). I have felt the phone heating up during calls. The device was hot to put to the ear. On the other hand, it was able to handle mid size games and didn't heat up much. Found this quite weird.

Before finalizing any device, do check at Croma. Use the device for some time to get a feel of it.

On an unrelated note : I would not recommend going for S20FE as the virtual proximity sensor is a deal breaker. It has a lot of issues.

Last edited by NG_EV : 2nd May 2022 at 18:54.
NG_EV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 20:47   #31492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
I have purchased the S21FE from India (Exynos variant). I have felt the phone heating up during calls. The device was hot to put to the ear. On the other hand, it was able to handle mid size games and didn't heat up much. Found this quite weird.
This could be because of Exynos processor. Exynos 2200 and 2100 seems to have heating issue. Thank you for your feedback.

Anyone has Snapdragon version of S21 -FE, I have a friend coming from US next week, can get it from there.
Old 2nd May 2022, 22:23   #31493
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
This could be because of Exynos processor. Exynos 2200 and 2100 seems to have heating issue. Thank you for your feedback.
I don't think we have seen any phone yet with the Exynos 2200. But the 2100 was used in last year's flagship S21 series of phones. Was that series plagued by heating issues as well? Just curious to know.
Old 2nd May 2022, 22:36   #31494
Senior - BHPian

I have the S21plus (that has 2100) but I don't see any heating issues. Although I do not play any games on the phone. I am a heavy user (usually active a lot on Twitter and web).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd May 2022 at 22:51. Reason: typos
joslicx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 01:04   #31495
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
On an unrelated note : I would not recommend going for S20FE as the virtual proximity sensor is a deal breaker. It has a lot of issues.
Found this useful video related to the proximity sensor issue.

Oxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 13:38   #31496
BHPian

Just came across the launch of the Moto G52, an addition to the light phones category at 169g. What are other BHPians opinion for somebody struggling with the poor battery life of a Pixel 4A. I know the camera can't hold a candle to the Pixel. But otherwise.
Old 3rd May 2022, 13:50   #31497
Distinguished - BHPian

Fraud alert - TouchLCDHouse

I was looking for a display and body panel for one of my old phones and came across this website

https://www.touchlcdhouse.com/

Ordered the item which was delivered after 10 days. Turns out they have shipped an incorrect item which does not match the listing at all.

So I raise a return and sent the item back by paying money from my pocket. They accepted the incorrect product and approved my refund. But the amount is not credited to my account. Its been more than a month since the refund was approved and follow up with them just results in a canned reply. When I raised my voice and asked to be connected to the higher ups they promptly cut my call.

Stay away from this website
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 15:46   #31498
BHPian

Guys I have a budget of around 46k. I'm looking Realme GT 2 Pro, Oneplus 9RT and Galaxy S21 FE. But somehow I feel 55k for the S21 FE is too much and also I'm wary about the Exynos chip that has been used. So with these things in mind which one would you suggest? Also are there any other options that should be considered apart from these 3? I just want a fast phone with good camera for casual day to day photos. Hope to hear soon.

Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 16:00   #31499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I have a budget of around 46k. I'm looking Realme GT 2 Pro, Oneplus 9RT and Galaxy S21 FE. But somehow I feel 55k for the S21 FE is too much and also I'm wary about the Exynos chip that has been used. So with these things in mind which one would you suggest? Also are there any other options that should be considered apart from these 3? I just want a fast phone with good camera for casual day to day photos. Hope to hear soon.

Thanks
You can also consider the newly launched OnePlus 10R.. that comes with Dimensity 8100Max and performance is comparable to Snapdragon 888. The price is also within your budget. The benefit with OnePlus is that you have very little bloatware and no ads on lockscreen while in other phones like Realme you do get ads.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 16:10   #31500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post

Thanks
You can consider the Motorola Edge 30 pro as well, I remember it was selling for 45k on Amazon including bank discount. Moto has clean OS, an excellent screen and very good cameras (no telephoto lens though!). You can watch GeekyRanjit's review of the same.
The edge 30 pro and s21fe would be my pick in the segment.
Also, if you buy from Samsung website there's a 5k cashback on HDFC cards on the s21fe.
I would avoid the Chinese ones like Realme and Xiaomi in this price range as they usually have ads, bloatwares and problematic updates.
Candy$Cars is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed