Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: MNP: Will you switch operators ?
Yes, I will definitely switch. I think there is a better service provider available in the market. 175 37.47%
Nopes, I am happy with my mobile operator so won't switch. 108 23.13%
No, I will not switch. I am not happy with my operator but I know the others are equally bad. 92 19.70%
Not Sure: Will wait and watch. 92 19.70%
Voters: 467. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2011, 22:17   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Mobile Number Portability: Will you switch operators?

quite happy with BSNL.

One more thing is that if you switch operator and you have prepaid. You balance will be nil.
Old 24th January 2011, 11:29   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
I have changed from Airtel to Vodafone on the first day itself!
The porting is expected to happen before the 27th.

Hope I have a better experience with Vodafone then I had with Airtel. Especially in the Customer Care(?) department.
So your mobile number is inactive till the 27th?

Does the number have to be re-registered under the same name?
Old 24th January 2011, 11:35   #168
Team-BHP Support

Sahil: The service disruption will only last for about 2 hours. Not sure about the name. Will find out and let you know.
Old 24th January 2011, 14:14   #169
Team-BHP Support

Update: You can register it under a new name with the new operator.
Old 24th January 2011, 14:21   #170
Senior - BHPian

Not me. I believe this portability will make all operators pull up their socks. BPL had already announced no call dropping guarantee, anywhere; on brigdes, flyovers, lifts etc. Similarly the operators now will have to also offer same if not better facilities to their customers to keep them from switching to other operators. Customers-1 : Operators-0.
Old 24th January 2011, 15:29   #171
BHPian

For people who wish to switch to MTNL, here is what they are offering >>
http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/mnp/offer_mnp.html

Loop is offering a 99 rupee corporate plan which includes 150 local minutes, 100 STD minutes and 250 SMS. A colleague recently switched over from Vodafone and is happy. He says he gets good coverage inside lifts etc

I will wait and watch for few more weeks before dumping Vodafone connections.

Last edited by abdriver2000 : 24th January 2011 at 15:30.
Old 24th January 2011, 21:28   #172
BHPian

Came back from the Tata Docomo office this evening after submitting an application for MNP. The lady there told me the shift should be done within 4 days and 3G will be launched in Hyd from 1st Feb
Hope it's not too late to ask how is Tata Docomo service in and around Hyderabad
Old 24th January 2011, 21:30   #173
BHPian

I will definitely change by mobile service provider. I am currently a Airtel customer and have been using Airtel mobile services for a very long time now. They have one of best networks (in Bangalore). The only thing I hate about them is cheating customers by fraudulently charging for services and over billing. I used to have a post paid connection for a couple of years and one day while going through my bill, I found that they were charging me for stuff I haven't subscribed. They enable a service without your knowledge and say it is free for a month, and start charging you from the next month. (They start these services without even informing you by SMS). They cheat you on each call you make by adding 10 secs to each call. I have my call log on my phone for a month and verified each call. And to my disbelief they did it to each and every call. As I had to retain this number, I switched to prepaid and manage not to get cheated as I get call charge notification after each and every call I make and sms I send. I have brought down my bill by 50% after switching to prepaid.
Now as Number portability has been started, It is high time I ditch Airtel and go for a better network which at least does not cheat. I am okay with paying a little more for services but getting cheating is totally not acceptable.
Old 24th January 2011, 21:40   #174
Senior - BHPian

I wont switch as i have been with Airtel for last 8 years and they extend very good service,especially their package for International roaming is very good for Europe.Since i travel everymonth to Paris,they have good tie up with local french players.
Old 24th January 2011, 22:12   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Sahil: The service disruption will only last for about 2 hours. Not sure about the name. Will find out and let you know.
And to add to that, you will lose your service only between 12 midnight and 4 in the morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
I will definitely change by mobile service provider. I am currently a Airtel customer and have been using Airtel mobile services for a very long time now. They have one of best networks (in Bangalore). The only thing I hate about them is cheating customers by fraudulently charging for services and over billing. I used to have a post paid connection for a couple of years and one day while going through my bill, I found that they were charging me for stuff I haven't subscribed. They enable a service without your knowledge and say it is free for a month, and start charging you from the next month. (They start these services without even informing you by SMS). They cheat you on each call you make by adding 10 secs to each call. I have my call log on my phone for a month and verified each call. And to my disbelief they did it to each and every call. As I had to retain this number, I switched to prepaid and manage not to get cheated as I get call charge notification after each and every call I make and sms I send. I have brought down my bill by 50% after switching to prepaid.
Now as Number portability has been started, It is high time I ditch Airtel and go for a better network which at least does not cheat. I am okay with paying a little more for services but getting cheating is totally not acceptable.
One of the main reason why I am trying to switch over from Airtel is their habit of activating any random service on your connection which you had apparently 'asked' for!

Quote:
I have changed from Airtel to Vodafone on the first day itself!
The porting is expected to happen before the 27th.

Hope I have a better experience with Vodafone then I had with Airtel. Especially in the Customer Care(?) department.
Update:

Received a message from Vodafone yesterday,
Your Porting request has been rejected by Airtel!
Reason? There are some subsiding contractual obligation from Subscriber agreement.

Fine. I call Airtel's customer care.
After navigating through their 'user friendly' automated answering system. I finally reach some Insaan.
A lady picks up the call, after making her understand what contractual obligation could possibly mean, she puts me on hold for around a minute and then disconnects the call!

I call again; somehow reach another helpful executive. This time the lady guesses that I may be an Airtel employee. Of course I am not. Is someone from my family an Airtel employee? No at all.
After five minutes or so of arguing with her I ask her to hand over the phone to her supervisor. She promptly agrees and then puts me on hold. After 2-3 minutes, I receive a call. Turns out to be from her supervisor.

Again I have to explain everything to him. He asks me if I have applied for number portability or not?!
Again trying to coolly explain what is happening, he asks me to call 198 and then promptly disconnects the phone.

All Right.

Thankfully reaching some human on 198 was far easier.

'Sir please go to our Customer Care center.'

'What?'

Sir this is something technical, we may not be able to help you.'

'Seriously? Isn't 198 supposed to be technical support helpline of Airtel?'

'Sorry sir we cannot help you on this.'

'Are sure that I am talking to technical support?'

'Yes sir but we are not trained to handle this.'

'Handle what!?'

'Sir please visit our customer care.'

Knowing that I had no other choice , I had to disconnect and spare that poor soul.

Tomorrow Airtel's gonna have it from me.
So much for MNP. And this is Customer Care for crying out loud!
Let's see what happens tomorrow.

What this means for me is 2 hours of mine at the Vodafone Customer Care wasted. All form filling has to be done again. 25 rupees of the porting charges + Sim card card cost gone down the drain. (Yes, you have apply for everything again if your porting requested is rejected.) And some more harrowing time with The Airtel Customer Care!

P.S All these calls to customer care were charged at 50 paise for every 2 or 3 minutes.

Last edited by aman9393 : 24th January 2011 at 22:15.
Old 24th January 2011, 22:38   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
'Sir please visit our customer care.'

What this means for me is 2 hours of mine at the Vodafone Customer Care wasted. All form filling has to be done again. 25 rupees of the porting charges + Sim card card cost gone down the drain. (Yes, you have apply for everything again if your porting requested is rejected.) And some more harrowing time with The Airtel Customer Care!

P.S All these calls to customer care were charged at 50 paise for every 2 or 3 minutes.
Thanks for the feedback.

Is that an attempt to "avoid" people from moving? What nonsense is all these?

Waiting to know what exactly is all these. Do update us.
Old 24th January 2011, 22:57   #177
BHPian

Anyone from Bangalore moving from Airtel to other service providers please post your experience.

What other service provider are you moving to? Please detail the plans that are offered.

I have Airtel and tired of their habit of Activating wrong service or unwanted services.
Old 24th January 2011, 22:59   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Received a message from Vodafone yesterday,
Your Porting request has been rejected by Airtel!
Reason? There are some subsiding contractual obligation from Subscriber agreement.
There is a roundabout way to get past this wall.

First you have to convert your connection to pre-paid. with that, Airtel can not hide behind contracts that are there for spacial post-paid plans (E.g. Billing commitment XXXXX Rs on ISD for 6 months).
Old 24th January 2011, 23:45   #179
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Hope it's not too late to ask how is Tata Docomo service in and around Hyderabad
There are a lot of people complaining about Docomo. Please ask a few people from your area before switching.
Old 27th January 2011, 19:50   #180
BHPian

Update:
I had gone to Airtel customer care day before yesterday.
According to them all the codes issued on 20th had some fault.
On sending a message again to 1900 I got the same code that I had gotten earlier. But this time the code validity is being shown 15 days whereas previously it was shown to be valid until April! (FYI The code has a validity of 15 days normally.) They asked me to again fill the forms at Vodafone.
But the Vodafone customer care told me that I needn't fill any more forms as they will forward the same form again. Also they told that I won't have to pay the sim fees and the porting charges again!
Of course they are doing all this to get new customers faster. Hoping that this proactive attitude remains the same afterwards also!

Last edited by aman9393 : 27th January 2011 at 19:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks