Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/93694-mirrorless-evil-cameras-9.html)

Samurai 19th January 2011 15:10

re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
 
Just got my 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6 M.Zuiko lens. This will be my primary offroad camera gear. EFL is 18-36mm, this will be interesting.:)

amitk26 19th January 2011 15:20

re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2214679)
Just got my 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6 M.Zuiko lens. This will be my primary offroad camera gear. EFL is 18-36mm, this will be interesting.:)

9-18 :eek: thats going to be ultra ultra wide .. At-least if there is a way to mount that on DSLR or Sony NEX.

BTW : How much it costs ?

typeOnegative 19th January 2011 21:05

re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
 
@amit, I think Samurai has mentioned that the Equivalent Focal Length is 18-36mm. Which means at it's widest this would be the same as an 18-55mm kit lens at its widest. Or no?

Samurai 20th January 2011 00:08

re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk26 (Post 2214703)
9-18 :eek: thats going to be ultra ultra wide .. At-least if there is a way to mount that on DSLR or Sony NEX.

BTW : How much it costs ?

The MSRP was $700, but got it for $569 from Amazon.com.

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative (Post 2215148)
@amit, I think Samurai has mentioned that the Equivalent Focal Length is 18-36mm. Which means at it's widest this would be the same as an 18-55mm kit lens at its widest. Or no?

18-55mm kit lens on what crop factor? The AF-S 18-55mm has a EFL of 27-82.5mm.

Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4-5.6 Lens Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

typeOnegative 20th January 2011 06:47

re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2215342)
18-55mm kit lens on what crop factor? The AF-S 18-55mm has a EFL of 27-82.5mm.

Knew there was a catch somewhere. That lens you have then sir, is wide. Really wide. :) Waiting to see the pics now.

tsk1979 20th January 2011 11:00

re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
 
Its 2mm narrower than my 10-24 Tamron on 1.6 Crop. that's a lot on the wide end.

amitk26 20th January 2011 11:30

re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 2215594)
Its 2mm narrower than my 10-24 Tamron on 1.6 Crop. that's a lot on the wide end.

Ya but think what it will be on Sony NEX because it has same corp factor , micro 4/3 is 2X , I think it should be fully possible to fabricate Micro 4/3 to NEX mount but don't know if this zuiko has manual aperture control.

tsk1979 20th January 2011 12:15

re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
 
No, I am saying that my tamron is 16mm equiv on the wide end, and Samurai will be 18mm on the wide end.
So my lens is a lot wider.
To get a proper ultra wide like feeling you need a 7-14 kind of lens on micro 4/3 cams.

vinaydas 21st January 2011 01:27

re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
 
what about video's ?? are there any EVIL camera's that can match the video capability of say the cannon 60D or 7D??

tsk1979 21st January 2011 11:16

re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
 
Actually Panasonic GH2 exceeds the video capability of 7D/550D/60D because
1. Continuous AF in video mode
2. True 1080P, not upscaled like the Canon
3. True 3X (or was it 4X) zoom available over the focal length in video mode.

vinaydas 21st January 2011 21:27

re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
 
^^ It does cost close to what we pay for a 7D so does it justify the tag?
how much does it retail for in India(if it is available )?

tsk1979 21st January 2011 22:02

re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
 
7D?
Panasonic GH2 14-140mm kit which is 28-280 equiv cost 1300$
However 7D with a 18-200 lens will cost around 1800$

vinaydas 22nd January 2011 07:12

re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
 
@Tsk my bad i got the prices wrong from ebay.

How ever i feel the switch from SLR to EVIL platform will take place only after Nikkon and Cannon join the band.

typeOnegative 22nd January 2011 07:16

re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaydas (Post 2217916)
@Tsk my bad i got the prices wrong from ebay.

How ever i feel the switch from SLR to EVIL platform will take place only after Nikkon and Cannon join the band.

Why should there be a switch. I think that they should co-exist. :)

Fillmore 22nd January 2011 10:41

re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative (Post 2217917)
Why should there be a switch. I think that they should co-exist. :)

I too feel the switch will happen from both ends pretty soon, Left to be seen what % of the following 2 segments will switch faster :)

DSLR > EVIL
Point n Shoot > EVIL


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:45.