Team-BHP - Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/93694-mirrorless-evil-cameras-9.html)

Just got my 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6 M.Zuiko lens. This will be my primary offroad camera gear. EFL is 18-36mm, this will be interesting.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2214679)
Just got my 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6 M.Zuiko lens. This will be my primary offroad camera gear. EFL is 18-36mm, this will be interesting.:)

9-18 :eek: thats going to be ultra ultra wide .. At-least if there is a way to mount that on DSLR or Sony NEX.

BTW : How much it costs ?

@amit, I think Samurai has mentioned that the Equivalent Focal Length is 18-36mm. Which means at it's widest this would be the same as an 18-55mm kit lens at its widest. Or no?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk26 (Post 2214703)
9-18 :eek: thats going to be ultra ultra wide .. At-least if there is a way to mount that on DSLR or Sony NEX.

BTW : How much it costs ?

The MSRP was $700, but got it for $569 from Amazon.com.

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative (Post 2215148)
@amit, I think Samurai has mentioned that the Equivalent Focal Length is 18-36mm. Which means at it's widest this would be the same as an 18-55mm kit lens at its widest. Or no?

18-55mm kit lens on what crop factor? The AF-S 18-55mm has a EFL of 27-82.5mm.

Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4-5.6 Lens Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2215342)
18-55mm kit lens on what crop factor? The AF-S 18-55mm has a EFL of 27-82.5mm.

Knew there was a catch somewhere. That lens you have then sir, is wide. Really wide. :) Waiting to see the pics now.

Its 2mm narrower than my 10-24 Tamron on 1.6 Crop. that's a lot on the wide end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 2215594)
Its 2mm narrower than my 10-24 Tamron on 1.6 Crop. that's a lot on the wide end.

Ya but think what it will be on Sony NEX because it has same corp factor , micro 4/3 is 2X , I think it should be fully possible to fabricate Micro 4/3 to NEX mount but don't know if this zuiko has manual aperture control.

No, I am saying that my tamron is 16mm equiv on the wide end, and Samurai will be 18mm on the wide end.
So my lens is a lot wider.
To get a proper ultra wide like feeling you need a 7-14 kind of lens on micro 4/3 cams.

what about video's ?? are there any EVIL camera's that can match the video capability of say the cannon 60D or 7D??

Actually Panasonic GH2 exceeds the video capability of 7D/550D/60D because
1. Continuous AF in video mode
2. True 1080P, not upscaled like the Canon
3. True 3X (or was it 4X) zoom available over the focal length in video mode.

^^ It does cost close to what we pay for a 7D so does it justify the tag?
how much does it retail for in India(if it is available )?

7D?
Panasonic GH2 14-140mm kit which is 28-280 equiv cost 1300$
However 7D with a 18-200 lens will cost around 1800$

@Tsk my bad i got the prices wrong from ebay.

How ever i feel the switch from SLR to EVIL platform will take place only after Nikkon and Cannon join the band.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaydas (Post 2217916)
@Tsk my bad i got the prices wrong from ebay.

How ever i feel the switch from SLR to EVIL platform will take place only after Nikkon and Cannon join the band.

Why should there be a switch. I think that they should co-exist. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative (Post 2217917)
Why should there be a switch. I think that they should co-exist. :)

I too feel the switch will happen from both ends pretty soon, Left to be seen what % of the following 2 segments will switch faster :)

DSLR > EVIL
Point n Shoot > EVIL