Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2023, 17:48   #1741
BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Was using the Xiaomi Pad 5 for couple of months, but could not get adjusted to the UI and the lack of 4G/5G. Lack of fingerprint sensor, GPS was a downer. Otherwise, the Pad 5 was really good, great display, ok battery and solid build. Was missing the original keyboard and connectivity options.

Since my use is mainly for travel, went ahead and ordered Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 FE with 5G. Meanwhile disposed the Pad 5 for 11k.

A week into usage, the S9 FE 5G has turned out to be a good choice. Good battery and display (not sure if it's Dolby Vision), the familiar Samsung UI, Quick fingerprint sensor, Good front camera for videocalls and 5G network connectivity which seems faster than those on mobiles at the same location. Has eSIM and a physical SIM which is really practical. The S Pen though not the full fledged one, is sufficient for most use cases and is easy to use. The magnetic keyboard is good, easy to type, good keypress and feedback though a tad cramped till you get used. Overall a premium build and package, and for 39k (S9 FE 5G along with Keyboard) a no brainer.

Only downside is that Samsung Galaxy Watches do not pair with Samsung Tablets (strange but true!). Had purchased a Watch 5 LTE 44mm to replace my 4 year old Galaxy Watch 46mm, was not aware of this, but anyway this quirk will not take away the fantastic product that is S9 FE series.
xotiq is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 16:13   #1742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Overall a premium build and package, and for 39k (S9 FE 5G along with Keyboard) a no brainer.
From where did you manage to get it with the keyboard for this price? I am seeing just the tab at around 47. Even with some card discount, it won't come to your price.
Old 28th October 2023, 17:02   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
From where did you manage to get it with the keyboard for this price? I am seeing just the tab at around 47. Even with some card discount, it won't come to your price.
His final price is with the Xiaomi Pad exchange worth 11k I suppose.
Old 28th October 2023, 17:31   #1744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
On Samsung Corporate Store during the day the tablet was launched, here is the breakup.
Samsung Tab S9 FE (5G, 6GB RAM) 36499/-
Galaxy Tab S9 Keyboard and Cover 2999/-
Total 39498/-

No card discount was applicable, except Axis/Samsung card which would have given 10% off. ( I don't have this card)

Also included is free Accidental, Liquid Damage Insurance worth 7999/-

The Mi Pad was sold via Cashify for 11k a week prior, so overall 29k approx.

Last edited by xotiq : 28th October 2023 at 17:33.
xotiq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 00:52   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post

Also included is free Accidental, Liquid Damage Insurance worth 7999/-
I too got the S9 5E 5G(40K) and the keyboard(2999/-) from Samsung retail online website (non-corporate). I am not sure about this insurance. Do we need to activate it on My Galaxy ?

Last edited by ChetanM6 : 29th October 2023 at 00:54.
Old 29th October 2023, 10:08   #1746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
I too got the S9 5E 5G(40K) and the keyboard(2999/-) from Samsung retail online website (non-corporate). I am not sure about this insurance. Do we need to activate it on My Galaxy ?
Auto activated around a week from delivery and link shared by sms. Offered free only from corp site.
xotiq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 06:53   #1747
BHPian

I have always had an iPad from the launch year and every one of them has become my favourite one ever. I had a 10.5” pro since 2018 which has been giving me fantastic service. However, since I got the iPhone 15 pro with a usb-c port, I had the problem of having to manage 2 cables on my nightstand. Not a huge issue but it was messy.

So. I started looking around on olx for a used iPad Pro. I was looking at the 4th generation from 2020 as I felt that the M1/2 were overkill for what I will use it for. I found a great deal on a 2020 12.9” model with a Magic Keyboard, case and pencil included. In parallel, I also found a buyer for my 10.5”. Considering the cost of the keyboard which was in almost brand new condition, I probably ended up paying around 5K for the swap, which felt like quite a deal to me.

The first few days, I found the size to be a problem, but now I can’t think of going back to a smaller one. I finally find the Split View usable on an iPad. I think this model will probably get to iPadOS 19 or 20, which gives me at least 3 more years of use.

The streak of every iPad becoming my favourite gadget ever continues…
Old 2nd April 2024, 18:46   #1748
BHPian

Looking for recommendations for a tablet for home use. Main purpose is for playing YouTube videos and browsing internet and should last a long time. Budget around 20k.

Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd April 2024, 19:16   #1749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
Looking for recommendations for a tablet for home use. Main purpose is for playing YouTube videos and browsing internet and should last a long time. Budget around 20k.

Thanks in advance.
I think you'll find that the Lenovo M11 hits that sweet spot w.r.t tech specs at a compelling price point. The P11 is also a good tablet from Lenovo that is less than 20k but with 6GB of RAM as opposed to the 8GB of RAM in the M11.

Last edited by arnieshwartz : 2nd April 2024 at 19:16. Reason: Corrected typo
arnieshwartz is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks