Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2011, 14:38   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Should I buy a Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
I got a Sunshine yellow Nano. NaNo ROcKs.
Im happy with the money ive saved over the Alto and Spark, though the Spark was quite tempting.
Thats great news; hearty congrats to you. I wish you many a safe mile together
Now, in tbhp tradition please update us on your buying experience and upload the pics soon! Hope to see you in one of the Pune/ Mumbai mega meets; one is being planned for June 11th
Old 25th May 2011, 15:08   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Wow, congratulations Jay, you kept your word "A promise is a promise" that you would lead my way !!! Now its my turn to decide.
Thanks. Well the more you think and the more you ask, the more confused you get. If you know your priorities, the decision is easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I guess smoking leaves helped. BTW are you planning any mods like a turbo or a FFE with a rear spoiler. I'm sure with all these the BHP/Ton will cross lot of mid sized car's and you'll go faster than most cars on the expressway
No mods. I like my cars stock. Besides, the NaNo is a kool poser with a smiley, not intended to set any city streets on fire in bumper to bumper traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Thats great news; hearty congrats to you. I wish you many a safe mile together
Now, in tbhp tradition please update us on your buying experience and upload the pics soon! Hope to see you in one of the Pune/ Mumbai mega meets; one is being planned for June 11th
Buying experience is simple. Wasnt buying a Rolls. Nothing to write home about. Just got freebie mats.
Thanks for the invite, but im busy travelling then.

As for Tata service. I dont expect anything spectacular, so im sure I will be happy. Will start a thread & update on the vehicle once i put in a few thousand kms on it.
4yrs/60k kms warranty @ 2.4 lakhs is what sealed the deal for me for this city slicker.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 25th May 2011 at 15:13.
Old 25th May 2011, 15:20   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
......the more you think and the more you ask, the more confused you get......Buying experience is simple. Wasnt buying a Rolls......
Yea, I have stopped asking. I liked the 'buying experience' part. It sounded more like buying a cycle
Old 25th May 2011, 20:19   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the comment, and I just finished my K10 TD 40 mts back. Finally they made it !! KMohanan already warned me about the space inside and its 100% true, no arguments on that. My knee was touching all around the place and Alto is really cramped. Airport runs meant all kinds of pick up and drop from train, bus, air etc. As long as merucab and such services are active, I dont find an issue on that. Another car is totally a dead investment for me, because we just sold the Fiesta due to very low usage.

Although its intended for wife and kids for the major part, I cant avoid being with them whenever situation asks for it, so I am put to more confusion than before !! As long as all our usage is within the city, Nano sounds meaningful now.

Nano top-end is 2.40 on road and K10 vxi will be 3.80, difference is 1.40 lakh. Thats 5 years average petrol cost to the Nano even with another half a dozen fuel price increases in this time period !! I dont know how I am going to take a decision right now. Its only a sunshine yellow Nano and a sunlight copper K10 I can visualize ahead ! Should I pocket that 1.40 saving or should I go with the best service brand ? Again the question back of my mind is, how often we service our cars anyway ? If its a trouble free car, I should not be thinking about the bad service. Hope to make up my mind by this weekend.
I say buy the Nano and save the 140k for fuel, I for one love the space inside the Nano, and think once one sits inside the Nano, then he'll never like sitting in an Alto or Spark, he may only like it if he/she is of very small built, not like me 6 ft and 100kgs plus, for people like me Nano is much better.
Old 25th May 2011, 20:22   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks. Well the more you think and the more you ask, the more confused you get. If you know your priorities, the decision is easy.

No mods. I like my cars stock. Besides, the NaNo is a kool poser with a smiley, not intended to set any city streets on fire in bumper to bumper traffic.

Buying experience is simple. Wasnt buying a Rolls. Nothing to write home about. Just got freebie mats.
Thanks for the invite, but im busy travelling then.

As for Tata service. I dont expect anything spectacular, so im sure I will be happy. Will start a thread & update on the vehicle once i put in a few thousand kms on it.
4yrs/60k kms warranty @ 2.4 lakhs is what sealed the deal for me for this city slicker.

Cheers,

Jay
A no Nonsense reply and a wise Buy...

Would look forward to your little car's ownership experience.

Have a trouble free and a happy ownership.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 20:37   #81
BHPian

Quote:
The Nano is not so great for distances more than 100kms as the ride is not so comfortable for long.
I disagree with you. As mentioned earlier, I have covered more than 20,000 kms in my nano LX in an year. I used to have regular trips to Trivandrum(about 300 kms), Calicut(about 200 kms) and Palghat (about 120 kms)from my house. I fully enjoy my 'LONG' trips in nano. To the 300 kms trip to trivandrum, I used to stop only once for tea, after 135 kms !!!
The only problem I had with nano is the auto cut-off at about 105 kms. Any way, it is good, as it limits your speed. Since nano is very light, braking at high speeds may not be safe.

Last edited by KMohanan : 25th May 2011 at 20:39.
Old 25th May 2011, 22:42   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
I disagree with you. As mentioned earlier, I have covered more than 20,000 kms in my nano LX in an year...
So you should be the best person to comment about the 'real' mileage. I hear very different figures from all over the net. Some claim 25 kmpl, some reports just 12 kms, whats your personal figure with AC and without ?

If Nano gives a mileage of 25+ at a speed control of 40-60 kmph, I can ask the Tata guys to lower the auto-cut-off point from 105 to 60 for my wife ! End of the day I pay for the fuel
Old 26th May 2011, 06:39   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan

I disagree with you. As mentioned earlier, I have covered more than 20,000 kms in my nano LX in an year. I used to have regular trips to Trivandrum(about 300 kms), Calicut(about 200 kms) and Palghat (about 120 kms)from my house. I fully enjoy my 'LONG' trips in nano. To the 300 kms trip to trivandrum, I used to stop only once for tea, after 135 kms !!!
The only problem I had with nano is the auto cut-off at about 105 kms. Any way, it is good, as it limits your speed. Since nano is very light, braking at high speeds may not be safe.
Again this is purely subjective; but we felt the effects of the journey after we were in the Nano. No reliability issues; she drove very well upto 80 kmph. Did I miss the ABS - certainly! little to no respect from even other hatchbacks; could be the area I drive. Also no airbags and still a bit too bumpy for me, braking at high speeds could certainly have been better
I think we can agree to disagree on this?
Old 26th May 2011, 09:58   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
little to no respect from even other hatchbacks; could be the area I drive.
If you realize that the road behaviour in India is ruled by vehicle size, then you shouldnt be surprised with the lack of respect. If I was you, I would keep left and zoom all the way. My primary purpose for the Nano is to use the nifty handling and compact size to ruthlessly cut, squeeze, or whatever u call it, through traffic. Respect be damned.
Besides, In Bombay traffic, the fastest way forward is when you keep left
Old 26th May 2011, 10:04   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you realize that the road behaviour in India is ruled by vehicle size, then you shouldnt be surprised with the lack of respect. If I was you, I would keep left and zoom all the way. My primary purpose for the Nano is to use the nifty handling and compact size to ruthlessly cut, squeeze, or whatever u call it, through traffic. Respect be damned.
True, but the nature of NH4 is that people overtake from all directions. I always kept left unless there were really slow moving trucks to overtake. However, it got a bit too much when Maruti Altos started overtaking me from the shoulder on the left and then trying to get into my lane; effectively leaving me nowhere to go. If I braked I could have been rear ended too. I was not slow either; doing around 75 when this happened twice.

In the city, there is no problem whatsoever, no one can beat the Nano
Old 26th May 2011, 10:19   #86
BHPian

Quote:
The best way to buy a car indeed. Firstly many congratulations to you for the wonderful Nano. Its not just a car, its a Nano .

Nano is indeed a great package and as far as niggles are concerned, I read even Merc owners blame their car's electronics, some say the BMW 3 series has a stiff ride and even the post Rs.50L Jags, BMW's etc have their own issues. For the heck of it, this is a Nano guys, the world's cheapest/smallest car. Give it some breathing space please.

And Jay, hope you have a wonderful time with your Nano and may you crunch lots of safe miles all along.
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 16:22   #87
Senior - BHPian

Finally I have booked my sunshine yellow today ! Its in transit, so delivery is expected 1st week of June. My 'Khushiyon ki chaabi' is more waiting excitement than my first car 7 years back Not planning to add anything to the stock other than the body cover as of now.
Old 26th May 2011, 16:46   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally I have booked my sunshine yellow today ! Its in transit, so delivery is expected 1st week of June. My 'Khushiyon ki chaabi' is more waiting excitement than my first car 7 years back Not planning to add anything to the stock other than the body cover as of now.
Congrats! Welcome to the Sunshine Yellow Club .

BTW what made you tilt in favour of Nano?
Old 26th May 2011, 17:12   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
BTW what made you tilt in favour of Nano?
Thanks, and that should be the simplest question to answer: Space, space and space Once you sit inside, you forget its a Nano.
Old 26th May 2011, 17:14   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, and that should be the simplest question to answer: Space, space and space Once you sit inside, you forget its a Nano.
Well in that case wait till you drive it. You'll be amazed at the pick-up. I actually have a tough time controlling it in the traffic considering how zippy it is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks