Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2006, 10:29   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar
BUDDY.
This Black palio your talking about, is it with classic cars in Banjara hills road no 10.
if yes, i have checked it 2 weeks back when i was in hyd...
he was asking the same price.
the car is been repainted, the front glass is broken which he will replace and give it to you and you will have to pay for the insurance, its expired...
Bingo right on target! I saw this Black one at Classic cars B'hills Rd no.10.

Oh really? BTW I think there is a nice red palio ELX at naidu cars Balanagar, will check tat out 2 day.

Guys the guy told me 6kmpl with a/c on, anyways I am not considering 1.6 anymore just because of the milage. Damn! .

Now the cars are only Esteem VX (or VXi??? - My mech told go for power steerin with comes with vxi) and Palio 1.2 ELX

One more thing, my mec told me to stay away from palios as parts are way too expensive and the resale value is very very bad. Now a new prob. Now am scared of Palios If I get a Palio, I intend to use it for 4 years.

He told me to consider Ford Ikon Petrol and Esteem VXi only....god help me!!!
Old 10th July 2006, 11:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx
One more thing, my mec told me to stay away from palios as parts are way too expensive and the resale value is very very bad. Now a new prob. Now am scared of Palios If I get a Palio, I intend to use it for 4 years.

The problems that have been observed with Palio maintenance is not that parts are expensive - they are infact quite similarly priced to others in that range, but rather their availability and the attitude and workmanship of the Fiat dealers. Perhaps, you could try out the Tata dealers for servicing.

Though, nothing can be done about the resale price, which is rock-bottom. But, if you intend to keep the car for 4 years, why worry about that. In fact, there are hopes that Fiat resale-value might actually rise, thanks to the Tata alliance.

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 10th July 2006 at 11:46.
Old 10th July 2006, 11:54   #18
BHPian

if FE & maintenance is not an issue dont look further than the palio 1.6 sport, else esteem is better.
Old 10th July 2006, 12:09   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx
Bingo right on target! I saw this Black one at Classic cars B'hills Rd no.10.

Oh really? BTW I think there is a nice red palio ELX at naidu cars Balanagar, will check tat out 2 day.

Guys the guy told me 6kmpl with a/c on, anyways I am not considering 1.6 anymore just because of the milage. Damn! .

Now the cars are only Esteem VX (or VXi??? - My mech told go for power steerin with comes with vxi) and Palio 1.2 ELX

buddy if you want a esteem.
there was a Maroon 99 Vxi
4 new tyers and good dondition...
the owner said
the guy was asking for 1.9
but i had brought him down till 1.75...
there is a car dealer near the Mosque on Banjara Hills road no 10...
check him out...
Old 10th July 2006, 12:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

furioussphinx, if mileage is a concern for you, go for the Palio 1.2 ELX, will give you 11 - 13 kmpl in City and 15 - 17 kmpl on the highways.
Old 10th July 2006, 14:10   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar
buddy if you want a esteem.
there was a Maroon 99 Vxi
4 new tyers and good dondition...
the owner said
the guy was asking for 1.9
but i had brought him down till 1.75...
there is a car dealer near the Mosque on Banjara Hills road no 10...
check him out...
Hmm I donno that area much but will try checkin it out soon.
Old 10th July 2006, 14:18   #22
BHPian

@ Glodie Malhotra - This Tata dealers and Tata Alliance sounds good, cud u shed more light on this plz?

@ naveendyani - I need FE mainly , thats y the 1.2 ELX and LPG

Today am going to have a look at some more cars in the city and one of my friend is helping me too.

Guys now the only question is that....The Esteem is 100% the best option now, but I dont wanna go for it, coz I persoanlly hate the looks. Coming to the Palio, 50% say go for it and the other 50% say no dont go for it. But I personally like the Palio....I dont wanna take a haste decision as am an amateur and I know nothing gud about cars.
Old 10th July 2006, 14:37   #23
BHPian

Go for the Palio 1.2.Its cool.
Old 10th July 2006, 14:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangboy
Go for the Palio 1.2.Its cool.
what makes u say so?
Old 10th July 2006, 14:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hi Furiousspinhx,

I am getting around 11 in Bangalore city and I have got around 16-17 on my Palio 1.2 NV on the highways. I use my AC only when I feel it is necessary. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Old 10th July 2006, 15:05   #26
BHPian

If you are looking at FE - Though nor great,I would say that its not all that bad considering that you get to drive a sedan-like machine.
There has been lot of rumours spread about its FE.Moreover with TATA-Fiat tie up things are looking better for FIAT.
Old 10th July 2006, 15:15   #27
BHPian

Take a drive in Palio in tough roads and the highway..You will know.
Old 10th July 2006, 15:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangboy
Take a drive in Palio in tough roads and the highway..You will know.
I think thats the answer to all my Q's , ill take a test drive in both the Esteem and the Palio and decide. BTW sad news, that Red Palio which I was going to go and chck out got sold for 2L, Damn
Old 10th July 2006, 15:48   #29
BHPian

Palio all the way

I bought a 2002 GTX, Beige , Fancy number, 27k on odo, last month i m getting 11 kmpl in city with 60% AC, mostly with 5 ppl in it. Its an amazing car.. nothing like it. I paid 2.5 L for it. The right price is 2.1L or 2.3L max i paid more bcos i got tempted by number.
I suggest u walk down to Anuroop Auto workshop (not at showroom) ask one of the technicians to come with u to evaluate the car. They charged Rs.500 for me. If things are fine then go ahead and take it. its a fantastic car. 6kmpl well i dont think thats true. This is my first car and my driving is pathetic.. still i managed 11kmpl in city (and with too many ppl driving my car) never tested on Highway till now.

-Pavan
Old 10th July 2006, 15:49   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulleteer
I bought a 2002 GTX, Beige , Fancy number, 27k on odo, last month i m getting 11 kmpl in city with 60% AC, mostly with 5 ppl in it. Its an amazing car.. nothing like it. I paid 2.5 L for it. The right price is 2.1L or 2.3L max i paid more bcos i got tempted by number.
I suggest u walk down to Anuroop Auto workshop (not at showroom) ask one of the technicians to come with u to evaluate the car. They charged Rs.500 for me. If things are fine then go ahead and take it. its a fantastic car. 6kmpl well i dont think thats true. This is my first car and my driving is pathetic.. still i managed 11kmpl in city (and with too many ppl driving my car) never tested on Highway till now.

-Pavan
Oh god this make the GTX jump back into my list

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks