Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2006, 12:26   #76
BHPian

I thought of a Baleno, but I could not any Balenos around, they are very rare to find here. Among the other cars, I was just asking about the Palio for info, and am not buying that coz of that Boot problem. And I had considered all the pros and cons of Ikon, Lancer and OHC, and OHC Vtec is the best choice but its a bit exp, 4-5L will have to talk to my Dad. And if I had to go a bit cheaper, then Lancer. So its either of these 2 and if I do find a Baleno, will test drive it and decide.

@cooldude, cud u try get a cut out of that ad or that contact number n PM me?
Old 13th July 2006, 12:35   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Well, here we are, it was too good to be true (the absence of the "Buy Baleno" slogan!!), it was bound to come in sooner or later...
Well, suman, you got to appreciate the fact that it came in quite late (5 pages and 74 posts later) and ONLY after the initiator could not find anything in the shortlist that he initially had. And BTW, if something fits the requirements, why not ?
Old 13th July 2006, 12:38   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Well, suman, you got to appreciate the fact that it came in quite late (5 pages and 74 posts later)
Oh I do....and must admit I was surprised that you guys held out that long !!!
Old 14th July 2006, 10:48   #79
Senior - BHPian

furioussphinx

How about this. Buy a siena 1.6 It will cost you less than 2.5. Has 1.6 performance and comes with a boot.

otherwise a lancer/OHC option is the best if you want to spend more. No other car comes against these two.
Old 17th July 2006, 18:30   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx
I thought of a Baleno, but I could not any Balenos around, they are very rare to find here. Among the other cars, I was just asking about the Palio for info, and am not buying that coz of that Boot problem. And I had considered all the pros and cons of Ikon, Lancer and OHC, and OHC Vtec is the best choice but its a bit exp, 4-5L will have to talk to my Dad. And if I had to go a bit cheaper, then Lancer. So its either of these 2 and if I do find a Baleno, will test drive it and decide.

@cooldude, cud u try get a cut out of that ad or that contact number n PM me?

Sorry furios sphinx was out of town and i have no idea where the paper is.
Dc does give ads daily and on sundays there are over a hundred ads in the classifieds ...
Old 19th July 2006, 12:21   #81
Senior - BHPian

Keep a Trusted Mechanic Handy

dude,
if u r going for a 2nd hand fiat (Palio/sienna/uno etc), i would advice you to keep a well trained, trusted, talented, effective, hard working mechanic on hand, else u would be spending the purchase value of your car in maintenance with fiat dealers.
Old 19th July 2006, 12:23   #82
Senior - BHPian

Else find a genuine used fiat. buy it directly from the seller. the used car dealers are cheats. do not trust the odo reading. generally u can add 50ks to the reading shown, sometimes more. also they buy the car very cheap & make it up a little bit & sell it with a huge margin.

so if u r really crazy about a fiat, buy a genuine one from preferably a known source.

cheers
Old 19th July 2006, 13:32   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
Else find a genuine used fiat. buy it directly from the seller. the used car dealers are cheats. do not trust the odo reading. generally u can add 50ks to the reading shown, sometimes more. also they buy the car very cheap & make it up a little bit & sell it with a huge margin.

so if u r really crazy about a fiat, buy a genuine one from preferably a known source.

cheers
Same applies to the Esteem or any other car when buying a second hand

Last edited by prince85 : 19th July 2006 at 13:33.
Old 19th July 2006, 17:19   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Same applies to the Esteem or any other car when buying a second hand
well said .................................................v ery true...
Old 19th July 2006, 18:30   #85
Senior - BHPian

Even true value people are big cheats

My friend sold his zen for 1.5 lakhs to them a year back with around 90k on the odo and when we came back to the showroom a month later someone was taking delivery of my friends zen with 23k on the odo and maybe a wax polish (the car was shining) for 2.9lakhs after negotiation !!!
Old 20th July 2006, 10:43   #86
BHPian

hai buddy...
did you buy any cars...

did you check with shazore i had asked you too...
Old 20th July 2006, 14:23   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765

My friend sold his zen for 1.5 lakhs to them a year back with around 90k on the odo and when we came back to the showroom a month later someone was taking delivery of my friends zen with 23k on the odo and maybe a wax polish (the car was shining) for 2.9lakhs after negotiation !!!
TRUE VALUE....TRUE CHEATS

what they do in true value is this..

If the clutch has already been done on the 90k vehicle, they will only be too happy to wind the odo back to 20ks, else they will do the clutch, spending around 2-3 ks & rewind the odo to 20ks

wash the vehicle thoroghly, polish the dash, glass & wax the body (first clear any small dents), remove the suncontrol film & all other extra fittings & make it look & smell like a rarely used car.... people who r not aware of these behind the scene activity, close their eyes & buy from them.

peace of mind, my foot
Old 21st July 2006, 16:24   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765

This is really shocking!!!!

This incident deserves to be publicised to prevent cheating of innocent people.
Old 22nd July 2006, 13:33   #89
BHPian

Guys I donno how to say this.....no car at all!!!! My Dad kinda talked some sense into me and finally took his friend's Innova for 15 days use. Using that, not a bad vehicle, nice and spacious for sleeping So the final verdict.... Nada! Zero....plz dont get mad that this thread after growing so many pages ended up whr it started

Guys my dad will be arriving tomorrow to India and I am gonna try my luck and ask him to buy me a Zen , solely for "MY" use. Lets see whr that heads....am not asking any Q's related to the Zen unless i confirm ill be getting one.

Cheers.
Old 26th July 2006, 12:39   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx
Guys I donno how to say this.....no car at all!!!! My Dad kinda talked some sense into me and finally took his friend's Innova for 15 days use. Using that, not a bad vehicle, nice and spacious for sleeping So the final verdict.... Nada! Zero....plz dont get mad that this thread after growing so many pages ended up whr it started

Guys my dad will be arriving tomorrow to India and I am gonna try my luck and ask him to buy me a Zen , solely for "MY" use. Lets see whr that heads....am not asking any Q's related to the Zen unless i confirm ill be getting one.

Cheers.

i think u should go to ur mama & cry booohoooo...boohoooo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks