Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which budget hatchback would you choose?
Renault Kwid 252 57.67%
Maruti Alto 800 16 3.66%
Hyundai Eon 36 8.24%
Datsun Go 7 1.60%
Tata Nano GenX 42 9.61%
Maruti Alto K10 84 19.22%
Voters: 437. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2018, 05:41   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is Tata Tiago the best fit?

The offer for the M800 seems alright - may be 75k if you sell it. Has the RC been renewed after 15 years?

You might want to try out the new Santro as well but Tiago is a very good car. I am not a fan of AMTs as they are jerky in start-stop traffic. Prefer CVTs for city uses. You wont go wrong with either car

Perhaps a used Jazz automatic? Since their usage is minimal, any reliable car should be fine and you can get good deals from a class or 2 above. Unless, of course, they have objections to buying used
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 05:57   #137

Thanks for your reply. My parents do not want to buy used, I tried to convince them, but they did not budge :(. They have a honda city for their highway drives, so they do not want anything else other than a small car for their city rides.

Another thing I forgot to mention is they want a petrol car. Tiago also comes in manual transmission for the petrol version, correct?

So considering all these, they only have 2 options, tiago and santro?

Thanks.
Old 6th November 2018, 07:13   #138
Senior - BHPian

Yes, i would think Tiago petrol comes in manual but i think automatic is the way to go for city runabouts.

You also have Ignis - slightly higher in the budget but very good for older people; Hyundai Grand i10 is also an option.
Old 6th November 2018, 07:20   #139
BHPian

Hi if they need something for just city drives then why not fix the M800 itself? Shouldn't be very expensive. Tiago is a nice car but I'll have a look at Nano if it's exclusively for city.
Old 6th November 2018, 07:53   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyroneshoelaces View Post
Hello all,
1. The maruti 800 is a 2001 DX 5 speed model with 86,000 kms. They have an offer of 60,000 Rs if exchanged. Is that a good offer?

2. They want a small car for their city rides. Their budget on-road is 6 lakhs. The main requirements are, low maintenance, comfortable ride/drive, good mileage, safety and reliability. Given all these, is Tata Tiago the best option for them? If yes, which model should they go for? If not, which would be a better option?
Thanks a lot for your help.
That is a fair price for the M800 (especially one with 85K+ kms).
Within the specified budget, the Tiago would be a good bet. The best thing (in my opinion) is that almost all variants of the Tiago have the option of getting airbags (standard on the top of the line version). It's a comfy car and it is quite well put together.
My recommendation would be to the the top-most variant that you can with airbags. For example, the XZ petrol (manual transmission), or the XTA (AMT) with optional airbags would just about be within budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Hi if they need something for just city drives then why not fix the M800 itself? Shouldn't be very expensive. Tiago is a nice car but I'll have a look at Nano if it's exclusively for city.
Very good advice in the grand scheme of things. Fixing is definitely better for the environment too. In this particular case though, I think the safety and comfort upgrade itself is worth it (even within city travel).
Amartya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks