Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2007, 14:16   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
hey good to know that you have got the wheels done and dont quote me in goodyears or people will start piling on me yes i had told him the pros and cons and the feedback from the forum, sad that there are not many options "to buy" though.

door pads well loads if plastic clips and thats what makes it rattle, so once this starts replace the clips with new ones and yes repeated unplugging of clips can cause failure and then rattle
Hey jaggu forgot to add this , but is it possible to "replace" the clips ?? i mean aren't they welded into the door pad plastic or something ??
Old 21st May 2007, 14:25   #77
Team-BHP Support

no the clips are plastic and are snap on ones, you can replace them
Old 21st May 2007, 14:44   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Anytime bro, You are always welcome , AAAAnd good thing you said 'SEE' !!!
He he... don't worry, I'm quite possesive about cars too... btw, looks like my ride will be delivered in end-june now... will try and learn from ur experiences till then
Old 23rd May 2007, 13:01   #79
BHPian

I guess wait, My deliver was delayed by 2 weeks, but trust me its better driving a maruti swift than ford... I m not against it but you will enjoy driving the swift, its a joy ride.. Small and powerful and its a Suzuki..
Old 23rd May 2007, 15:48   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdas45 View Post
I guess wait, My deliver was delayed by 2 weeks, but trust me its better driving a maruti swift than ford... I m not against it but you will enjoy driving the swift, its a joy ride.. Small and powerful and its a Suzuki..
Hi rdas I think you did not read the last two to three pages of the thread . I recently took delivery of a swift diesel and have been swifting every day from then onwards . Anyways thx for your advice !
Old 23rd May 2007, 15:55   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdas45 View Post
While i have no accusations or issues with the Swift in its either avatars, please could you be more specific on the part in bold? I own a Ford, which is why i want to know.
Old 23rd May 2007, 15:56   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Hi rdas I think you did not read the last two to three pages of the thread . I recently took delivery of a swift diesel and have been swifting every day from then onwards . Anyways thx for your advice !

Which is why the title of this thread needs to be changed pronto. PM a mod
Old 23rd May 2007, 16:08   #83
Team-BHP Support

there goes comparing between sift n ikon, i have driven an iKON 1.6 for 7 years and Swift D for last 2 months and dear friends iKON is indeed a better driver's car as well as has comfortable ride and accommodation. only in city traffic where space/rather lack of it which decides and tilts the scale to swift P or D.

if i had a swift D engine in an iKON with better looks and contemporary interiors i would buy it and nope Fiesta is not yet there though close enough.
Old 23rd May 2007, 18:43   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Which is why the title of this thread needs to be changed pronto. PM a mod
Suggestion taken , pm'd tsk for the same !!
Old 23rd May 2007, 18:47   #85
BHPian

Hey some help required here , some people told me that i upgraded my tyre too early and should have waited till the running in period, fatter tyre would mean more load on engine ! Another fellow told me that fatter tyres would mean a toll on the suspension !! I know i should have posted the same in tyres & alloys section but no use unnecessarily starting a new thread for a small concern like this . .... Are any of the above true ??

Currently i am mantaining 30 psi in all my four tyres , how low can i go and still call it safe ??

Last edited by nikunj_cal : 23rd May 2007 at 18:50.
Old 23rd May 2007, 18:56   #86
Team-BHP Support

everybody is entitled to their opinion, and mine says swift can take 195 tyres without any harm to runnin and suspension.

and i now use33 F and 31 R psi for ventura 195 65 14
Old 24th May 2007, 09:38   #87
BHPian

Quote:
everybody is entitled to their opinion, and mine says swift can take 195 tyres without any harm to runnin and suspension.

Hmm , does higher tyre pressure mean better fuel efficiency ?
Old 24th May 2007, 11:08   #88
Team-BHP Support

yup higher psi=slightly better FE and i have kept this figure keeping in mind the state of raods i commute and dont want to damage the tyre or alloys

oe tyre recommendation is 36 F and 33 R
Old 24th May 2007, 22:34   #89
BHPian

Quote:
yup higher psi=slightly better FE and i have kept this figure keeping in mind the state of raods i commute and dont want to damage the tyre or alloys

oe tyre recommendation is 36 F and 33 R
Ok i will get the same done tomorrow , 36 F and 33 R , also my initial return of FE was around 13.25, posted the same in your thread , but as i said ripping the car a bit and keeping it maximum time at the fourth gear , somehow i feel that the car starts floating at the fifth gear so i dont upshift unless i get an open road !
Old 24th May 2007, 22:47   #90
BHPian

Quote:

@Jaggu, I found here (Suzuki Swift Sport - News - Motoring - theage.com.au) that the Aussie version of the Swift Sport comes shod with 195/50 R16 tyres on 16x6 alloys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks