Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2007, 15:55   #1
BHPian

Swift VXI - Delivery delayed by 3 weeks, Do I buy Ford Ikon? EDIT : Bought Swift Ldi

Hi All ,could not edit my thread so had to start a new one instead. My dealer( Dewar's Garage) refuses to give me a delivery date for my Swift VXI. It is heard that the delivery cannot be made before 3 weeks( Source - Jalan Distributors) . Should I wait for the car or do i go for a Ford Ikon Instead. I am really not interested in Hyundai Getz Prime as i have heard that the new 1.1 L engine is very underpowered. What do i do please help ???
Old 29th April 2007, 10:52   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
... I am really not interested in Hyundai Getz Prime as i have heard that the new 1.1 L engine is very underpowered...
Hyundai Getz Prime is available in both 1.3 and 1.1 variants. You can check the 1.3 variants.
Old 30th April 2007, 09:38   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, for only a three-week delay why would you want to change your choice of car? Its going to stick with you for atleast 3 - 5 years so I suggest wait. If you really want the Swift.
Old 30th April 2007, 09:52   #4
BHPian

Really depends!!
If you are not convinced about the Swift and would like to change your mind, then you can check with the Ford dealer on what's his say and see if there are good deals!!!

But if you are angry and frustrated about the way the dealer treated you and would like to go for sweet revenge!!! Then hold on to your decision of sticking with Swift!! The car experience is more important than the momentary need to satisfy your ego.
Old 30th April 2007, 10:49   #5
BHPian

I have nthg aganist Swift, but IKON for the deal at around 5 lac is worth a buy , its a sedan and have its own niche.

Swift is cramped up in the rear!
Old 30th April 2007, 11:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

depends on which car you like more. If its the swift, you can wait. Otherwise Ikon is also a good car.

If you decide to wait for the swift,do try to maximize your savings. Maybe haggle for some freebies.

The jeans blue colour on ikon looks excellent.
Old 30th April 2007, 12:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Well, for only a three-week delay why would you want to change your choice of car? Its going to stick with you for atleast 3 - 5 years so I suggest wait. If you really want the Swift.

Yeah mabe u r right sir , i think i should stick on with my decision. Anyways they have released a new colour know as sunlight copper , i am going to see it today , will post pics if possible. Thanks all
Old 30th April 2007, 12:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

Good decision nikunj_cal. Swift is the way forward & better to wait for it.
Old 30th April 2007, 13:06   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Strange that even the thought cropped up in your mind to change the car of your choice just for a 3 week delay
Old 30th April 2007, 13:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

@ nikunj - Take your time dude and don't be hasty. Think out the pros and cons of both the cars. IMHO, wait for the Swift. Its a sweet car. Is the new shade ready for deliery?
Old 30th April 2007, 14:59   #11
BHPian

Hi guys just checked out the new shade today , when the dealer had called me two days ago i could only make it to his place in the evening , today he bought the car in bright daylight , the car is a mixture of orange as well as red . It was looking good . I will post the pics today when i get back home .

@ shuvd- yes the new shade maybe delivered within 3-4 days .
Old 30th April 2007, 15:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

@nikunj, was this a petrol or diesel ?
Old 30th April 2007, 15:25   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
@nikunj, was this a petrol or diesel ?
The thread says VXI so I guess he's talking about the Petrol one..........
And Nikunj, I really can't figure out the choice of options - I'd say they cater to different set of requirements, what made you zero in on these two as alternatives?

Last edited by suman : 30th April 2007 at 15:26.
Old 30th April 2007, 15:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

@suman, I guess I should have given the backdrop here
Have been going to MUL dealers and TD's with @nikunj over the last couple of weeks.
He has been bowled over by the diesel and was pretty torn between the VXi and the VDi. Also, the dealers had mentioned that VXi supplies will not come till mid-May. Hence the Q ...
Old 30th April 2007, 15:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
@suman, I guess I should have given the backdrop here
Have been going to MUL dealers and TD's with @nikunj over the last couple of weeks.
He has been bowled over by the diesel and was pretty torn between the VXi and the VDi. Also, the dealers had mentioned that VXi supplies will not come till mid-May. Hence the Q ...
Ahhh, that explains it ......but I still don't get the choice of options as in Ford Ikon vs Swift.......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks