Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2007, 13:13   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
... and about spark small boot let me down. please suggest me a good choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
... but still about swift VXI.. Dad ko pata raha hoon..
I see a contradiction there. Have you seen the microscopic boot the Swift has?!

AND, IMHO, a very logical upgrade from Omni would be Versa. Check out the DX1, it fits your budget.
You will be INSIDE the vehicle, enjoying it. Don't bother how it looks to outsiders!
If I were you I'd buy it eyes closed! PERFECT upgrade.

Last edited by anupmathur : 2nd October 2007 at 13:33.
Old 3rd October 2007, 09:43   #62
BHPian

Congrats on the selection. I don't think you will ever regret having gone for Swift.
Old 3rd October 2007, 23:43   #63

I've gone through the same debate in my head over n over n over again...
My mind was going between the xeta-spark-uva-palio-swift...

the xeta was unrefined and underpowered IMHO
uva is underpowered but nice on space much like the getz prime
havent td'd the palio yet but poor resale (dont plan to keep a hatch for long)
swift - my choice was the vdi but its an expensive hatch

im contemplating an estilo now... (booked the vdi 2 months ago though)
i TD'd the Spark... the leg space is so tiny... i'm 6ft 1' and well fed and its a very tight squeeze... the santro-estilo-wagon r seem to be quite spacious in comparison to the spark... im downgrading from an ikon so leg space is a consideration...

my daily run is 4.5 kms which hardly justifies the swift vdi so seriously thinking of an estilo... its spacious and inexpensive... and to think i almost bought a scorpio
Old 4th October 2007, 11:50   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathoreh View Post
its an expensive hatch

i TD'd the Spark... the leg space is so tiny... i'm 6ft 1' and well fed and its a very tight squeeze... the santro-estilo-wagon r seem to be quite spacious in comparison to the spark... im downgrading from an ikon so leg space is a consideration...

my daily run is 4.5 kms which hardly justifies the swift vdi so seriously thinking of an estilo... its spacious and inexpensive... and to think i almost bought a scorpio
Hiya.. just a thought.. When I TDed.. I found the leg space of Spark (front and rear) more than the Estilo. In fact in the Estilo if the front seats are fully pulled back you cant sit in the back seat..
Also according to the specs both the Estilo and Spark are the same length. Estilio has a bigger boot!! Also Spark is 20 mm wider than the Estilo.
Do check out!!
Nimz
Old 4th October 2007, 12:04   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathoreh View Post
I've gone through the same debate in my head over n over n over again...
My mind was going between the xeta-spark-uva-palio-swift...

the xeta was unrefined and underpowered IMHO
uva is underpowered but nice on space much like the getz prime
havent td'd the palio yet but poor resale (dont plan to keep a hatch for long)
swift - my choice was the vdi but its an expensive hatch

Any Particular reason for Aveo U-VA not in your list?Though underprowered,i feel it will be much more suitable considering your height.
Old 4th October 2007, 12:16   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Hiya.. just a thought.. When I TDed.. I found the leg space of Spark (front and rear) more than the Estilo. In fact in the Estilo if the front seats are fully pulled back you cant sit in the back seat..
Nimz
I pulled back the seat all the way to the back and then tried the spark seat both parked in the showroom as well as test drive vehicle... the centrally mounted console kept hitting my left knee, the central mounting may save money when selling in left hand-right hand markets but it limits movement of the leg... the other thing is - estilo's steering seems to be higher set than the spark's and that is the thing that frees up space... if you sit in the cockpit of the estilo you realize this right away... with the spark my thighs would touch the steering if i shifted my legs or during ingress-egress but estilo's smooth all the way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Also according to the specs both the Estilo and Spark are the same length. Estilio has a bigger boot!! Also Spark is 20 mm wider than the Estilo.
Do check out!!
Nimz
the spark does seem to be the more spacious alternative but not so much for taller people who are going to be in the driving seat... the spark's engine and gear shift are way better and yes the boot too.. but i found the estilo driving seat more comfortable... i'd buy the spark over the estilo if the centrally mounted console wouldnt obstruct knee movement & if the steering was a bit higher... apart from that the spark is the superior car no doubt.. i need the estilo as a backup for my corsa sail 1.6, i sold my ikon and the estilo fits my budget cos its really cheap to buy.. so i think i might buy the estilo...
Old 4th October 2007, 12:51   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
Any Particular reason for Aveo U-VA not in your list?Though underprowered,i feel it will be much more suitable considering your height.
well... it's a bit complicated, i sold my ikon because it was running huge maintenance costs though actually running very little on the road, the ac conked out and nobody could figure out what was wrong - Harpreet Ford was having a nice time using the car @ my expense everytime i left it there, it became unreliable and broke down a few times so i sold it.. but there's still the sail 1.6 and it fulfills my performance streak with a free flow exhaust and terrific roll on times...

i needed a second car so i contemplated buying everything from a scorpio right down to the xeta... i went to TD the U-VA and i liked the feel of the car but the engine just refused to spin up and churn out decent power... plus i'd end up spending 4.5L for it OTR... then i thought might as well upgrade to the swift.. but then my mental dilemna has been cost vs performance or rather brain vs heart...

and i couldnt see myself spending the money on a UV-A when 40k more is the swift LDI.. the performance of the UV-A didnt justify the initial cost of the vehicle... i've been going crazy about this car i need to buy... so i think im finally going to go the estilo way... it's so cheap and humble... it doesnt pinch the pocket to buy and it seats 2 in comfort which is the most anybody ever sat in my ikon.. i'll plonk a good tube into the boot eliminating any space...
Old 4th October 2007, 13:10   #68
BHPian

rathoreh, I have not done a TD on spark so could not compare Estilo with it, but I think the boot is bigger is Estilo and I have found that the leg space is great for me in Estilo and I find absolutely no problems when I drive it. Nimz rightly pointed out that if being a tall user you tend to push the driver's seat to the max limit back, then the straight rear seat person will suffer. I am 5 feet 10 inches and I drive with the driver seat only slightly pushed behind and find it extremely comfortable. It is a cheap car to buy and own. Your choice for your requirements is perfect. Estilo - Way to Go.
Old 3rd January 2009, 22:14   #69
BHPian

Estilo/WagonR or Spark?

Hey Guys
I'm pretty confused at the moment and really need your help with this predicament. I need to get a car for myself. So zeroed in on these options. Now I really like the spark over the WagonR/Estilo however I only plan to use the car for like 2-3 yrs. So how much would I be loosing out (depreciation) when I sell the car off in that time?

So what I'm trying to ask is that I keep reading everywhere that the spark is a much better car altho it has lower resale value... and I have my heart set on the Spark but is it worth buying the car if I plan to keep it for only 2-3 yrs or does it make more sense to get the either of the Maruti cars?

Can the performance and satisfaction of driving the Spark offset the rate of Depreciation? Approx how much money would I be losing out if were to sell a spark after 2-3 yrs as opposed to either of these maruti cars?

Also do the variants of a particular model make a difference to the resale value? Im thinking Spark LS v/s Spark LT.

Thanks ppl.
Old 3rd January 2009, 23:45   #70
BHPian

Hi Priyoban. Nice to know that you are planning to buy a hatchback for yourself. The percentage of depreciation for 1-2 years old car is 10%, and 2-3 years old car is about 15%. I can understand from your post that you will keep the car for max. 3 years, so you need a brand which has good resale value. As you are also worried, GM doesn't have good resale value and the parent company in US is not in a good shape, though the offer they are giving on Spark is quite lucrative. I'm fully against buying a Spark, though its a very good package. Wagon R is a decent car, but now the design become old, Maruti may be replace this car in near future. Now about Zen Estilo – the less we talk is better. You know in Mumbai one of the Maruti dealer has 2007 Estilo unsold at their warehouse. Why don’t you think about Hyundai i10, Maruti A Star, Tata Vista or wait for Maruti Ritz (Splash). Generally, Maruti, Hyundai and Tata cars have good resale value, backed by strong after sales service, thus peace of mind. Keep us updated about your new car.
Old 3rd January 2009, 23:58   #71
BHPian

^^ Can't wait any longer actually... need to book a car in a day or 2. Aren't all of these other cars that you mentioned a lot more expensive... when I consider the top variant? I was looking at the Spark LT with all the goodies.
Old 4th January 2009, 00:40   #72
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you to go for Spark, what is the deal you are getting on Spark?

If you are planning to keep it for 2-3 years - Maintain the car well and I wont think you will loose much when you resell.

Are they still offering 50-55K discount?
Old 4th January 2009, 09:24   #73
BHPian

^^ Yep... the discount offer is on till the 8th of Jan. But the 50-55k discount is only on the PS model... the LT has a lower discount.
Old 4th January 2009, 10:57   #74
BHPian

How much is the ex-showroom price of the LT?. How much discount are they ready to give?. Reason for asking is that I might also go for the LT version.
Old 4th January 2009, 12:41   #75
Senior - BHPian

If you are really planning to sell the car in 2-3 years time i think you should settle for a maruti vehicle. You can buy the car you love after that. If you go for a chevy and try to sell it 3 yrs down the line you might comparatively loose a lot on depreciation. Its not anything about the car. Its just the indian mindset.

Alternatively you could have a look at the Hyundai vehicles too. The Santro is a very good buy for your requirement. Or you could go in for the i10 base Kappa.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks