Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2007, 15:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Zen Estilo if you require safety (ABS, Airbags) and good after sales service.

Spark seems to be a better car though. I don't know how good or bad GM service is but they offer the GM Promise as a sweetner to the deal. Have you test driven the Spark? How comfortable are you with the centrally mounted speedo?
Old 26th September 2007, 15:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Spark's the way to go. If its anything like the Matiz of yore, then that's the car to buy. Easy to handle, not too soft, not too hard to drive, excellent grip on the road and its a dream on highways. 72K on the Matiz and I've not regretted it even once. With a 1000cc engine I'm sure the power factor would also have been addressed.

The gears could be a wee bit notchy, typical of Daewoo cars.

Man, you don't want to sit in the Estillo back seat. It felt like a high school bench. Looked like the seat couldn't extend past my butt, forget upper thigh support.

If you drive more on the highways pick up the Spark.
Old 26th September 2007, 15:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post

The gears could be a wee bit notchy, typical of Daewoo cars.

I don't think the gearbox in the Estillo will be any better. I own a WagonR for the past 6 years, a sibling of the Estillo, and its gearbox is still notchy, though a lot smoother than when it was new.
Old 26th September 2007, 16:05   #34
BHPian

the best thing to do here is - TAKE A FEW TEST DRIVES (I'd recommend atleast 2-3 TD's of each car)

you will be better off deciding for yourself

otherwise spark is obviously a much better car than estilo in nearly every department except the boot space you mentioned and do not forget the GM promise

hope you have nice time buying your car
cheers
Old 26th September 2007, 16:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
For five. Indica. Period.
for what ? pushing it ? he he he, no offence pal. Yeah Indica is good, but it only suits a certain kind of customer & his requirements.

The Estilo is a japanese car & is a lot more reliable than any other. I suggest you keep your eyes open as you always do & select the better car. Damn even the Lxi version in the most cursed estilo comes with body cloured bumpers & a few other goodies which are not there in the wagonR or Alto.
Old 26th September 2007, 16:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Esteem,

the only pushing I see is of logic. Indica suits a certain type of customer, but its just a choice one has to make. Doesn't hurt to lay the things out bare!

And as far as the estilo being jap and hence more reliable is frankly generalization. The spark is a pretty neat vehicle in and of itself. And fyi, spark itself has jap, heck, suzuki technology in its lineage. Wotsay now!!

Compared to Indica, yes, maruti has no niggles/better service. Granted. But as of today, my mom's alto single person driving, gives worse mileage than the Xeta 1.4 GLG All that said, estilo IS cramped for even four people. They just about fit. Spark is anyday more spacious! He wants five.

Interestingly, the "jap lot more reliable than other" estilo has fared far worse than the original Zen, and hasn't set any sales charts on fire. Seems like people have been keeping their eyes open and selecting the better car

Last edited by phamilyman : 26th September 2007 at 16:50.
Old 26th September 2007, 16:53   #37
Senior - BHPian

ABS and driver side air bag is available even in the Chevy
Old 26th September 2007, 17:09   #38
Senior - BHPian

phamliyman,
the 'more spacious than the others' car is also the 'more trouble to own car', not that many would readily own up to that on the forum. Maruti is several steps higher on the ladder compared to our TATA, though they seem to try very hard to bring out the cheapest, most FE car.

But the point is a person who has already been owning a maruti is on an expectancy level that would be very hard for an Indica to fulfill.
Old 26th September 2007, 17:42   #39
BHPian

@tushky

Check this out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...tml#post537437

The differences I felt between spark and Estilo.. but in the end its what you like and need that matters..

Nimz
Old 26th September 2007, 18:00   #40
Senior - BHPian

Why Not Santro ? Better than both of them and all time Chart-Topping for last 7 years !!

If not then out of both you suggested I would stick to Estilo ( MUL all the way ). Also have hardly seen any Sparks on the road.
Old 26th September 2007, 20:14   #41
BHPian

Isn't the santro on its way out? For looks alone i would go for the spark, as i haven't driven the spark or the estillo.
Old 26th September 2007, 20:38   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Interestingly, the "jap lot more reliable than other" estilo has fared far worse than the original Zen, and hasn't set any sales charts on fire. Seems like people have been keeping their eyes open and selecting the better car
Hmmm.. in Delhi it seems that for every 1 spark, there are 10 Estilos. While this doesn't mean it's a better car, it does seem to be more popular in Delhi IMHO. If you do have the actual figures, please do post, along with the name of the source.
Old 26th September 2007, 20:58   #43
Team-BHP Support

Few months back, after seeing the Spark in pictures, would have blindly said 'Go for spark', but, after seeing it in profile- I felt it was looking real bad from the sides and the rear, although the front looks real good. Estilo is also not a looker by any standards. Dont think Spark wins the beauty contest though!

As for the interiors, both the cars look nice. However, fit and finish of the Spark is better IMO.

Coming to dealerships, nothing compares to Maruti. I went to Chevrolet showroom with my family to check out the Spark, and after two weeks they dont even bother to call back!

TD should be the way to go. I think Spark is slightly better, but then, try to go a segment upto Swift/U-VA.
Old 27th September 2007, 01:31   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
TD should be the way to go. I think Spark is slightly better, but then, try to go a segment upto Swift/U-VA.
do a TD and let us know your reamarks.. then the gurus of t-bhp can help sort out your doubts.
Old 27th September 2007, 17:23   #45
BHPian

When it comes to Service Maruti will be better no doubt. But Chevy is slowly getting their act together and seem to be working hard on it. I own both a Maruti 800 & the Spark and I can vouch for that.

My experience has been good till (touchwood!) now with the service from Chevy (Garuda, Bangalore). They regularly call and inquire about the service experience and there seems to be a genuine interest to solve your problems.

With the recent Cash discounts from Chevy the price difference also seems to have narrowed between the two. Test Drive both and then follow your gut instincts man.

if it becomes too difficult for you to decide then the next best thing is to ask one of the ladies in the house to choose .

Believe me it works!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks