Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 10:04   #16
UKR
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento service and service center feedbacks

My Linea MJD cost me approximately Rs.5000 for the first 15,000 km service and Rs.7500 for the second 30,000 km service. Going by this, Rs.9000 for the first 15k service seems very high. Could also be that Linea is the exception here as I am not sure about the service charges for other cars in the class. This is a free service I believe or does this include labor charges also?
Old 13th July 2011, 10:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
This query goes to Sourav/Noopster/Evil Shantanu/naveen/other vento owners - since you guys have had one (or more) servicing experiences, could you post the cost breakups and what all activities were done. Also a bit idea about what done in the summer/monsoon check-ups.
I understand you would have posted the same on your individual threads but since this thread is up, why not keep a one place repository, considering different dealers/service centers are quoting different prices (& maybe different job activities too)

This would help a lot of to-be Vento owners (including me )

Does this cover all the basic activities in the first service?

Exactly why I have put up the above request.

@ Ninjatalli ( I love your handle, whats your drink ? ) the monsoon check up is good unlike the summer checkup which was indeed a feel goody thing. They topup engine oil, brake oil , coolant check brake pads, do an ECU check ( plugin to the ECU monitor which gives an exception report , should be useful for the electricals as well as various essential systems), battery checkup (report was shared with me) , wiper and wiper blades checks , one free wiper fluid top-up, etc.
I am still 6.5 K away from 15K so would not be able to comment on the servicing activities or the costs guess Naveen or Shantanu would be better able to comment. I was at best speculating on the costs given that the activities for a servicing are more or less across most cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
BTW, @souravc- the monsoon check is at most a feel-good thingy- please don't miss your mandatory service because of that!
Anoop , summer check up was a feel good thing but the monsoon checkup is not as superficial - the activities done are as given above so its more substantial than a car wash .
I never intended to skip the service. I was wondering if the oil change only can be skipped during the service, if one has availed of the monsoon checkup close to the first service , given that it lasts for 5K kms . Logically it makes sense to optimise the oil top-ups
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 10:08   #18
BHPian

I have taken an appointment for saturday, with Bangalore motors. Though their service center is close to 30 km from my place, but the guys there sounded more professional. Apart from this, eerytime I went to downtown VW, I had a terrible experience.

So I am looking forward to Saturday now. Will scan and upload the bill on this thread by Monday, then we can dissect it :-)
Old 13th July 2011, 12:57   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ninjatalli - Here's a list of things done during the monsoon checkup.

1) Water wash with wax. (Interior cleaned)
2) AC check up
3) Fluids top up

And the car was completely checked for any problems. Work very well done.

Total cost - ZERO

Other than that, I had taken my car twice for checkup and they topped the coolants for free.

@evilS - Good to hear that you will be the first Vento owner here to get your car serviced. Think I will have to wait for a month or so for my service. My Swift is mostly used nowadays. Will keep you posted on that too. I might change my cracked rear tail light and remove the dent on the boot (all this if the service charge is well within the budget LOL).

Anyways, eagerly waiting for your report.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 14:17   #20
BHPian

For some reason I never received the Summer check up coupons as well as Monsoon checkup coupons, when I called up the service center 2 months back for the summer check up they said that getting the coupons is mandatory.

Never bothered to check with the service center in late June as I expected the servicing to be done in mid July

for the first service, I have the following list of things to be checked, rectified apart from the regular first 15,000 KM servicing

1) The drivers seat has some play, maybe some screw is lose
2) Some mornings, when the car is parked for more than 12 hours, I have a shaky start, the engine noise after that is shrill
3) The MID never shows the seat belt sign, need to check if the software upgrade solve this issue
4) The front left door rattling issue is back, I guess they need to change the beading as they did for some Ventos on the forum
5) Need to get the seats cleaned
Old 13th July 2011, 14:24   #21
BHPian

The amount quoted is certainly on the higher side, since my Fabia (essentially the same car), cost Rs 5500 - 6500 each for the first 2 services, and around 10K for the paid third service.
Old 16th July 2011, 19:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
for the first service, I have the following list of things to be checked, rectified apart from the regular first 15,000 KM servicing

1) The drivers seat has some play, maybe some screw is lose
2) Some mornings, when the car is parked for more than 12 hours, I have a shaky start, the engine noise after that is shrill
3) The MID never shows the seat belt sign, need to check if the software upgrade solve this issue
4) The front left door rattling issue is back, I guess they need to change the beading as they did for some Ventos on the forum
5) Need to get the seats cleaned
Shantanu , hope you got your service done . We are waiting eagerly to know how your experience was
Old 17th July 2011, 05:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc

Shantanu , hope you got your service done . We are waiting eagerly to know how your experience was
Yes I got the service done. The final bill was Rs 8306/- will upload the bill and all other experiences tomorrow, after I get a scanner.

First service replacements:

- air filter
- engine oil
- AC dust and pollen filter
- wheel balancing and alignment done for free

In the first look it seems that the spares are not costly. But definitely the amount they are charging for service is costly.

All in all I am throughly satisfied with the service. More on this tomorrow
evilshantanu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2011, 07:50   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I expected this evilS since it's at 15k kms. My Swift comes around 10k when it reaches 15k kms.
What does this mean - are you saying your Swift's 15K service cost Rs 10,000 or that all the services put together till 15k comes to Rs 10,000.

Either way it's too bloody high. I also own a Swift. Can you give a break-up? I assume you must have paid for a lot of unnecessary additives, coatings & flushes.

And Rs 9000 & Rs 12000 for a service is ridiculous unless they are using gold plated filters & other stuff.
Old 17th July 2011, 08:50   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What does this mean - are you saying your Swift's 15K service cost Rs 10,000 or that all the services put together till 15k comes to Rs 10,000.

Either way it's too bloody high. I also own a Swift. Can you give a break-up? I assume you must have paid for a lot of unnecessary additives, coatings & flushes.

And Rs 9000 & Rs 12000 for a service is ridiculous unless they are using gold plated filters & other stuff.
I meant all services put together. 20k service came around 7.5k and 25k service 3.5k. This is way too much for a Swift, I know. I have given the break up in Jaggu's Swift ownership report.
Old 17th July 2011, 13:37   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

re: VW Vento: Service Experiences (every 15k km) across dealerships

Quote:
Yes I got the service done. The final bill was Rs 8306/- will upload the bill and all other experiences tomorrow, after I get a scanner.
That doesn't sound too bad ! Congrats evilS on becoming the first reported Vento owner to have been serviced (OK I didn't mean i quite like that )

Nice that it was lower than the service quote provided. It's a feel-good thing but a good one: I have always got lower actuals that quoted for any service from Hyundai and MAS.
Old 17th July 2011, 16:11   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So the first Vento here gets serviced. Great to hear that the cost isnt that high. Waiting for the complete report.
Thanks.
Old 18th July 2011, 14:11   #28
BHPian

So Finally I have got the bill scanned and got time to write the review of the first service. Apologies for being late on this, I know how you guys are waiting for the bill to be here

I reached the Bangalore Motors service center at 9:30 am (Thanks to the Bangalore traffic) the appointment was of 9:00 am. Immediately was attended by a service advisor Mr Amit. As he told me, he was new to this service center and to VW, so most of my interaction happened with Mr Girish and Mr Hamid, who are service Managers. Both of them thorough gentlemen and very professional guys

They heard me out patiently and wrote down each detail what I wanted to be done in my car, if I had some complaints or any specific issues. I am very satisfied with the courteous staff, they really make you feel special.

After they heard me out, they carried an inspection of the vehicle and prepared the Job card, gave me a rough estimate that the service would cost me approximately Rs 9,500/- and the car would be delivered by 5:30 PM

I dropped off Shadowfax and went back home

Reached the service center at 5:00 PM to pick the vehicle and they were on time, I got the bill at 5:20 PM , checked the vehicle and was very impressed with the interior cleaning etc. Now my satisfaction here is relative to the Maruti service centers (Pratham, Bimal, Mandovi) every time I gave my swift for servicing they corrected the things which I complained about but got one or the other things spoilt, for example the stains on the seats / dashboard were pretty common, needless to say so were the rattling noises. But here they did a fabulous job

Now getting to the main thing. Please see the attachment for the scanned copy of the Bill. However I personally think that the spare parts are not expensive, considering that they are being imported from Germany, and I think if anybody feels that they are on the higher side, then the thing to be blamed here are the import duties and laws in our country which literally make that part / car double the price of what it actually is

Though there are a lot of things in the service cost which I don’t think is justified

They charged

- Rs 347/- for inspection Service: This is the basic inspection of all the electricals, lights, indicators etc

- Rs 308/- for Internal Service and mobility guarantee: This is the underbody and chasis inspection

- Rs 347/- for the Guided Functions / GFF: this is the required software upgrade etc

- Rs 77/- for Wheels removal and re-install (hahahahahaha): do I need to comment on this?

Now I think instead of making money at three places they could have clubbed all these inspections in one single thing, IMHO I don’t think that they need to charge 347 + 308 + 347 = 1002 separately for all these inspections. This was unnecessary

Who charges for wheel removal and re-install, and what were they doing in all the other inspections ? I told the Service manager, that they could have called me and I could have removed and re-installed the wheels, the manpower in India is not as expensive as it is in Germany, they need a revision in their service rates

Further Consumables: are things like screws, grease, polish etc, which I think is okay, though it is also on the higher side with Rs 330/-

One good thing that I liked was, they change the AC dust and pollen filter every 15K KM, so people let your AC ventilation be from outside! go ahead, that wont harm your AC filters, I personally am very concerned about this so was happy to find it out

Please see the attachments and let the questions and comments flow
Attached Thumbnails
VW Vento: Service Experiences (every 15k km) across dealerships-screenshot.png  

VW Vento: Service Experiences (every 15k km) across dealerships-air_filter.jpg  

VW Vento: Service Experiences (every 15k km) across dealerships-dust_filter.jpg  

evilshantanu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 14:51   #29
BHPian

Good to see that you had a satisfactory exp with the First service.

I was not that lucky.Just took delivery of my Vento TDI post 1 st service done @ Global Gallarie Motors Pvt. Ltd Thane.Total Charge levied Rs 9100 approx.There was no additional work done apart from regular service task.Will post the scan copy of the bill for comparison shortly.Wheel balancing and alignment was not done as the lone guy in this set up who is in charge of this was on leave .....

They have done a shoddy work on the cleaning front.The mats inside were soiled and the vacum cleaning was not done properly.On the outside absolutely no sign of wax applied.To top it all Tar and grease stains were not removed.Explanation given to me by the service advisor that they do not do diesel wash.

For the cleaning they have charged me Rs 650 approx additionally included within the Rs 9100 bucks charged.The inside section of the bonnet was also not cleaned well.Reason given that they cannot do a water jet wash coz of the sensors.Agreed but there are better ways of doing this.Always Had a better exp with my ex swift on the cleaning aspect in servicing.

On the mechanicals front everything is fine. Was fearing the worst after the exp on the cleaning front. Braking has improved dramatically and the engine initil grunt is more refined. I have to check the cold morning start though.

One thing is for sure they are unable to handle the present load of vehicles.Woner what will happen when the VW cars will be due for the 1 year service.
Old 21st July 2011, 17:42   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express
Good to see that you had a satisfactory exp with the First service.

I was not that lucky.Just took delivery of my Vento TDI post 1 st service done @ Global Gallarie Motors Pvt. Ltd Thane.Total Charge levied Rs 9100 approx.There was no additional work done apart from regular service task.Will post the scan copy of the bill for comparison shortly.Wheel balancing and alignment was not done as the lone guy in this set up who is in charge of this was on leave .....

They have done a shoddy work on the cleaning front.The mats inside were soiled and the vacum cleaning was not done properly.On the outside absolutely no sign of wax applied.To top it all Tar and grease stains were not removed.Explanation given to me by the service advisor that they do not do diesel wash.

For the cleaning they have charged me Rs 650 approx additionally included within the Rs 9100 bucks charged.The inside section of the bonnet was also not cleaned well.Reason given that they cannot do a water jet wash coz of the sensors.Agreed but there are better ways of doing this.Always Had a better exp with my ex swift on the cleaning aspect in servicing.

On the mechanicals front everything is fine. Was fearing the worst after the exp on the cleaning front. Braking has improved dramatically and the engine initil grunt is more refined. I have to check the cold morning start though.

One thing is for sure they are unable to handle the present load of vehicles.Woner what will happen when the VW cars will be due for the 1 year service.
I think you should give a detailed feedback to VW about this.

Also the mileage for my vehicle has improved by leaps and bounds now. Earlier I was getting 15 kmpl during my drive to work. Now it is 17kmpl even with a lot of spirited pick ups.

Waiting to see your bill and the charges levied. Please scan and put it up here. Would help everybody.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks