Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2006, 07:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

I stay in Dahisar- Mumbai and found the good pumps in and around Borivli-Kandivli area:
1.BPCL pump on the junction of station road ganjawala road(opp old leel crossing in Borivli-West)
2.BPCL pump on SV road opp Vijay Sales.

Bad ones:-
1. IOC-Satyashanti in Dahisar east(only one in Dahisar) Dont go there even if its the last petrol pump on the planet. Cheats you left right and center in quantity and quality of fuel will make your vehicle die of a heart attack...
2. Club HP- Goregaon Nirlon Highway- Just at the start of Goregaon flyover. he cheats when you get a full tank done. Machine keeps on going on, but the fuel dispensing stops. Have read on other forums how he was caught red-handed.

Cheers.. Balaji.
Old 5th August 2006, 08:15   #47
BHPian

I used to fill in one of these places: indian oil at velachery, chennai or shell at mahindra city, chennai. I found both to be good. But of late the fuel quality of shell is pathetic. After the last fill i found the car to be very underpowered, need a down shift quite often, acceleration with full load not as expected (need to press hard to make the are go fast). I was like very irritated with the car and thought fiesta has become bad after the initial few months.

But to my surprise when i filled it at the indian oilthe car is again so smoooth and so powerful that i need not down shift (even from 5th gear on immediately reducing from 120-50 or 40). I am so irritated with shell. One day I have to go there and fire the shell guys there and report them i guess.

I also learnt a lesson that whenever the car doesnt feel smooth and powerful first check the fuel quality.
Old 5th August 2006, 10:47   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Anyone tried the HP petrolpump near Mantralaya?
Figured out the answer yesterday.
In the morning, i went there to fill diesel in the Fiesta at 7.15.
When i went there, there wasn't a single pump attendant there and because of that, i reached school late as we had to fill somewhere else with our cash (We had recently started an account there).
Oh and i forgot to mention their timings are from 6.00 am onwards.
Another incident, when we started filling from them, they promised us that they had Power and after we started our account, we realised that they didn't have Power as the petrolpump had installed new pumps and it would take some time for it to start working.
I would never reccommend this pump to anyone.
Now, i am trying to convince my dad to switch over to the one opposite Souvieniers.
Anyone experienced that one?
Cheers
Old 26th September 2006, 22:37   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Figured out the answer yesterday.
In the morning, i went there to fill diesel in the Fiesta at 7.15.
When i went there, there wasn't a single pump attendant there and because of that, i reached school late as we had to fill somewhere else with our cash (We had recently started an account there).
Oh and i forgot to mention their timings are from 6.00 am onwards.
Another incident, when we started filling from them, they promised us that they had Power and after we started our account, we realised that they didn't have Power as the petrolpump had installed new pumps and it would take some time for it to start working.
I would never reccommend this pump to anyone.
Now, i am trying to convince my dad to switch over to the one opposite Souvieniers.
Anyone experienced that one?
Cheers
used to fill up at that one...but it does'nt seem to be reliable (fuel quality wise) i mean...i have'nt had a problem as such...but when i switched to the one near gateway... (BP), i gained bout 1.2 kms/lit
Old 27th September 2006, 04:05   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser
I used to fill in one of these places: indian oil at velachery, chennai or shell at mahindra city, chennai. I found both to be good. But of late the fuel quality of shell is pathetic. After the last fill i found the car to be very underpowered, need a down shift quite often, acceleration with full load not as expected (need to press hard to make the are go fast). I was like very irritated with the car and thought fiesta has become bad after the initial few months.

It's exact same experience for me :.I too fill my tank in Shell (near Porur. chennai) and Indian Oil @ Velechery.(But Petrol my case).

somehow I feel Shell is having more quality fuel than Indian Oil pump.
( Indina oil @ velechery it is better than most pumps in chennai).

But my best fuel experience is the Reliance Pumps!
Old 27th September 2006, 08:50   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousephf
Hi

One of the Best Pumps in Mumbai Eastern Suburbs is the Godrej Pump on Vikhroli West , LBS marg. The Fuel quality is never in doubt. They have started taking Credit Cards also. Yes on sundays they are open only till 1 pm and they close otherwise daily before 9 pm
Hey Thanks! I work very close to that place but never filled petrol there. Will fill from that pump.
Old 27th September 2006, 22:49   #52
BHPian

Good Stations In South Delhi :

1) Sethi's Station ( In front of Park Royale Intercontinental)- Speed
2) R.D.Motors- Sarita-Vihar-Kalindi Kunj-Noida Road- Power
3) Petrol Bunk next to Jesus and Mary College, Chankyapuri-Power

Good CNG Stations :

1) IGL Company Owned- Sarita Vihar-Kalinidi Kunj-Noida Road.
2) IGL Company Owned- Nehru Place, next to Kalkaji Mandir
3) IGL Company Owned- New Friends Colony

Good LPG Stations

1) Indian Oil Station-Apollo Hospital.
Old 28th September 2006, 01:22   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivor
The only IndianOil outlets that I've heard good stories about are the one near Kemps Corner
I fill up at that fuel pump 93-Octane for my NHC CVT and 91 Xtra Premium for the Esteem !
Also,both my bikes get fuelled up there..
Sometimes I do fill in at Dayaram Santdas for the Esteem(Speed fuel)..
Dayaram Santdas is the BPCL fuel pump right opposite the Indian Oil one at Kemps Corner..(near Mucchad paanwala).

-sr
Old 28th September 2006, 05:05   #54
BHPian

In Bangalore,
Apart from the Shell bunks,
Nagpals opp Imperial on residency road,
Cauvery at Lalbagh west gate
Parkview, a further up near madhavan park
the one opp the skoda showroom on St.Marks road
Webbs on MG Road.

some places i have had bad experiences, in quality and quantity are-
the one next to symphony on MG Road
opp Opera, brigade rd- Residency rd jn.
the one at Johnson market
Old 11th October 2006, 00:37   #55
BHPian

what are the best places to fill up in chennai( in and arnd r a puram
alwerpet, chetpet)
Old 11th October 2006, 09:19   #56
BHPian

hey BHPians in Pune!!

which are the best places to fill up in pune? i know of BP coco at sangam bridge...any others...specially in the kothrud area??
Old 11th October 2006, 12:30   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

I fill up regularly at Cauvery opposite Lalbagh West Gate. No complaints till now.

The worst (in my experience) is the oneAT southend..... it is called "Jayanagar Service Station"..... pathetic people...ALWAYS trying to loot you...
Old 11th October 2006, 14:47   #58
BHPian

[In bangalore I usually fill up either at the IOC pump on airport road or the BP next to The Leela. Both are pretty good. Also the pump on 80 ft. rd. Koramangala and the IOC behind Forum mall.

Bad pumps: So far the worst I've found has been the HP pump opposite Wilson Garden crematorium. The IOC at Trinity Circle (M.G. Road) is also pretty bad.
Old 27th October 2006, 15:19   #59
BHPian

Any list of pumps in Hyderabad ? I hae not seen a shell in Hyderabad. Many people told me the one near Somajiguda circle (moonlight) is good.

I regularly fill at IBP next to Ohris on Road No12 B Hills. This guy does not have speed/ premium, whatever.

Tried Xtra premium at Monnlight and the one near Himalaya near Nagarjuna Circle, no judgments yet. But the negine ran quiter probably.
Old 11th November 2006, 03:33   #60
BHPian

I don't know how this can be but whenever I've fuelled from the petrol pump on the CP outer circle (the very small drive in one with 2-3 pumps), I have ALWAYS got a higer mileage.

Recently switched to the pump which comes on your left when going from Ram Manohar Lohia hospital (Wellingdon) to CP as they are the closest who have Speed 97. Looking for a better one though.

Delhi boys, suggest a pump in Central Delhi / on the way to Noida who has 93 Octane?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks