Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2008, 20:12   #166
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Yesterday night on the way back home I decided to top-up the petrol and thought of trying the BP in front of IBM office (Subramanya Arcade) on Bannerghatta Road). I parked the car in front of filling booth and came out of the car. there were 2-3 attendants around. one with cash bag came to me and i told him 'Speed, tank full and Credit card payment'. the other guy hooked the pipe to the car and told me 'saar jero' it was showing 8888.88 and re-set to zero. in the mean while the cash-bag guy started telling me that if i have HDFC card or stanchart i will not be charged some fee or something like that, mean while I noticed the guy filling the petrol stopped at Rs.200 and waiting as if I have asked for only 200Rs petrol!
Soon I realised they are trying to fool me and took 200 rupees out and said it is okay, no more petrol but only 200 is enough. then guys started telling me no saar, did not hear properly etc. etc. and he started telling he is filling for full tank now. he shown again zero to me but i could make out, it was just turning zero from 200 but meter was not reset (8888.88 and then zero has to appear) I just told them no and drove away paying for only Rs.200
Today morning, on the way to office, i decided to try the Indian Oil station at Kodihalli on airport road (Left hand side, coming from Airport, after the bus stop and overhead foot bridge)
There also I told the same, full tank, premium and credit card payment. but to my shock, the attendant had stopped again on 200 rupees! Again I drove off paying them 200 not listening to them.
I have read in our forum here several times that 'they' do this trick, fill in for 200 rupees, then again do full tank (without resetting the meter, but just resetting the display to zero i guess), and then ask us to pay for petrol of full tank+200.
It seems all petrol bunk attendants are trying to fool the customers and make some quick and easy money.
Just thought of sharing my experience with you all.
Read this thru thrice but am unable to understand the scam. Could someone explain further.
Old 6th July 2008, 20:19   #167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
Read this thru thrice but am unable to understand the scam. Could someone explain further.

Its quite simple and thats the beauty of it.
1. They filled for 200 Rs.
2. They act as if they have reset the meter.
3. They do a tank full full and now the amount dispensed shows say 1000.
4. They ask you to pay 1200.

They did not reset the meter so the 200 is (actually) included in the 1000.
But they will insist that the meter was reset so they claim a total of 200 + 1000 was filled.

hope this helps.
Old 6th July 2008, 20:38   #168
Senior - BHPian

Try and avoid the Petrol bunk on Trinity Circle Bangalore. The guys there tried to do this same trick to me today when i was tanking up my bike. It was thanks to this thread that i was aware.
Old 7th July 2008, 10:42   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Its quite simple and thats the beauty of it.
1. They filled for 200 Rs.
2. They act as if they have reset the meter.
3. They do a tank full full and now the amount dispensed shows say 1000.
4. They ask you to pay 1200.

They did not reset the meter so the 200 is (actually) included in the 1000.
But they will insist that the meter was reset so they claim a total of 200 + 1000 was filled.

hope this helps.
Thanks mate, that explains the scam exactly. Sorry if i was unable to summarize it well in my post.

Last week, I was discussing this with my colleagues and they felt this did happen to them many times and they paid that extra 200 rupees in those occasions! Be careful. (as most of the petrol bunks in Bangalore have negative remarks in these couple of threads here. So it might be difficult to avoid them all the times)
Old 7th July 2008, 12:03   #170
BHPian

Petrol bunks in St Thomas Mount

Can chennai TBHPians provide me the best of the 4 petrol bunks available in Mount Road near nanganallur subway. I am using the BP outlet now and even during the fuel shortage time petrol was available in HP outlet there.
Old 31st July 2008, 19:28   #171
BHPian

Any pointers for a decent pump along ring road from Azadpur to Indraprastha bridge and Kashmere Gate/civil lines area. Any idea of a COCO pump nearby or on short de-tour. Inputs appreciated.

and yeah its about Delhi.
Old 5th August 2008, 22:24   #172
BHPian

Great experience at the Shanti Path Bharat Petroleum COCO on the way to Chanakyapuri from Ring Road in New Delhi. Highly recommended
Old 6th August 2008, 01:02   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
Great experience at the Shanti Path Bharat Petroleum COCO on the way to Chanakyapuri from Ring Road in New Delhi. Highly recommended
Can you give more details to the location please. What is the name of the pump?
Old 6th August 2008, 08:50   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Can you give more details to the location please. What is the name of the pump?
Before the Bhijaki Cama Flyover take the left to Chanakya puri... 200 metres down the road, you'd see a BP COCO on your left Enjoy! It's apparently the all-girls petrol pump!
Old 6th August 2008, 22:39   #175
BHPian

Always Annapurna fuel station

I am filling fuel at Annapurna fuel station (Next to Vijaya College on RV Road) since last two years. If you are coming from South End circle, it is on your right hand side before Lal Bagh.

No one disturbs you here, I always fill full tank, using credit card and I consistently get ~13 kmpl in my Swift ZXi. This fuel station is almost 10kms away from my home and is not in my way. I always make sure I fill there when I am out for shopping or dinner in Jayanagr. I am not comfortable to fill the fuel anywhere else in Bangalore.
Old 7th August 2008, 15:28   #176
Senior - BHPian

Can someone suggest me which fuel is better in Delhi. HP, IOC or BP. And can someone also explain the petrol pumps good for it. I do most of my fill ins from the HP near Ashram as i feel his fuel is good.
Old 8th August 2008, 00:13   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
Before the Bhijaki Cama Flyover take the left to Chanakya puri... 200 metres down the road, you'd see a BP COCO on your left Enjoy! It's apparently the all-girls petrol pump!
Ofcourse, I used to get Speed 97 from there a while ago, but then stopped since that place is no way near anywhere I go.

Went there again today to get a tank full for my journey tomorrow, I always liked the pump and their service
Old 8th August 2008, 01:38   #178
Senior - BHPian

Delhi - Singh Service station ( for those in North Delhi especially Model town / Kamla nagar region) - its the best. No Wrong works, the owner checks the fuel filler guys and also fills up by himself!
Old 18th August 2008, 11:47   #179
BHPian

Hey guys,

pardon me for my ignorance but how do you know that a pump is COCO.

I'm in faridabad and travel to gurgaon for work. Any pump in this location which is COCO is welcome. Does anyone know about the BP outlet on Gurgaon faridabad road.

Generally, I prefer BP as I have better experience with it than IOC or HP. Till now I always looked for "Pure for Sure" before filling up but it seems this is not fool proof. COCO should be the best.

Naman
Old 4th October 2008, 17:55   #180
BHPian

Being new to Bangalore, I am trying to locate a BP station with Future97.
I searched on this board and could locate the locations of a few stations.

- One at Malleswaram
- The second next to Manipal Hospital at HAL

I went to the HAL one and found no Future 97. I am not sure if this is a BP operated pump. Did not seem so.
I am yet to try the one at Malleswaram.

Can anyone tell me for sure where can I get Future97?

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks